White under base showing more at bottom of design then at start - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

White under base showing more at bottom of design then at start

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 4u2bSeen
  • 1 Post By Mammath

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 5:32:40 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default White under base showing more at bottom of design then at start

Hi everyone.
I am printing using the Epson F2000 and I am getting the white under base showing up more at the bottom of the design then at the start.
Any tricks , don't think its head alignment as I am not getting any funny lines etc just getting a little frustrating.
It is happening on all designs so its not just a bad 1 off design any ideas would be appreciated.
See picture

Limey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gs.jpg (605.8 KB, 76 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 6:54:29 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: White under base showing more at bottom of design then at start

Hey Sean, hope all is well! Some designs are a little more notorious for white showing up than others. I would make sure the shirt is secure on the platen and increase your white choke. It's probably set to 2, I'd increase it to 3 and see if the issue goes away.

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
limey (October 31st, 2014)
Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 8:22:55 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Bryan

Theory... If you are placing your shirt on the printer directly from the heat press it expands as it gets cooler especially if you use a delay. Small prints you don't notice it. Great print though. Maybe a slight white drop shadow on all of it?
limey likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to 4u2bSeen For This Useful Post:

Old October 31st, 2014 Oct 31, 2014 9:52:19 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thnaks Jerid,
That's the white area reduction slider I assume.Yes that was set to 2 looks like it goes all way to 20 so will start with 3 and see what happens.

Thanks as always for your help, great support as always.

Sean

Old October 31st, 2014 Oct 31, 2014 4:41:38 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

For larger designs (A3+) I'm choking the base at setting 6 with excellent results. Setting 3 may not be enough.

Also I only have one side of the shirt on top of the platen like you would when screen printing and the platen height set as high as possible.
limey likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mammath For This Useful Post:

This is a discussion about White under base showing more at bottom of design then at start that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in