F2000 Tips - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

F2000 Tips

Like Tree14Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 1:54:58 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jim
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default F2000 Tips

After a lot of research and reading the F2000 forums I've finally decided to pull the trigger to spend my hard earn money. The F2000 and a Speedtreater TX are on it's way.

First off I would like to thank Jerid at Belquette for all the great videos and responses he has given to others so that we may all learn on these forums. Also same goes to the Terry at Equipment Zone. I'm from Canada and that type of customer service and dedication that these people offer does not come with this machine up here. And not sure why? As it is a substantial investment. It seems like a lot of people up here are in fact just learning about the how to's of this machine.

As a noobie to this machine what I would like to know from current owners are what tips can you offer that would've save you from countless hours of mistakes and mental anguish when learning how to use the F2000.

Thanks in Advance!!

The Following User Says Thank You to banffunion For This Useful Post:
JeridHill (October 29th, 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 3:18:34 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: F2000 Tips

Glad we could help! The EPSON SureColor F2000 is a solid printer.
shanetuttle likes this.

Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 5:43:38 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I am also a new user from Canada. I find the machine is straight forward, and most of the skill is required on the graphic design side of things.

Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 7:57:22 PM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by banffunion
After a lot of research and reading the F2000 forums I've finally decided to pull the trigger to spend my hard earn money. The F2000 and a Speedtreater TX are on it's way.

First off I would like to thank Jerid at Belquette for all the great videos and responses he has given to others so that we may all learn on these forums. Also same goes to the Terry at Equipment Zone. I'm from Canada and that type of customer service and dedication that these people offer does not come with this machine up here. And not sure why? As it is a substantial investment. It seems like a lot of people up here are in fact just learning about the how to's of this machine.

As a noobie to this machine what I would like to know from current owners are what tips can you offer that would've save you from countless hours of mistakes and mental anguish when learning how to use the F2000.

Thanks in Advance!!

Hi Jim,

Sorry we're not able to sell the F2000 to you in Canada.
But happy we could send you the SpeedTreater-TX.

Before you get the printer in it would be a good idea to download the Epson instruction manual and the setup guide and go through them. This will give you a head start on setting up and operating the printer as soon as it gets to you. Here is the link:
Epson SureColor F2000, Documents & Manuals - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.

_

Last edited by equipmentzone; October 29th, 2014 at 08:02 PM..

Old October 30th, 2014 Oct 30, 2014 6:51:42 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Greg

We got our F2000 and SpeedTreater in June. We were noobies not only to the F2000, but DTG as well. Here is what we have learned are the important things.

1. Pretreatment - you have to do a lot of experimenting to find your "sweet spot". Not only for dark shirts, but we have found Image Armor Light really improves printing on white shirts.

2. Type of shirts - We tested a lot of different shirts and you really just have to find what you like and what your customers like. We have had success with a variety of 100% cotton Ts, up to 50/50 Ts and Hoodies, as well as some 100% poly dry fit.

3. Heat pressing - both pretreatment and ink curing. You have to find what pressures and times work best for the amount of ink, the type of shirt, etc.... (for ink curing we are doing a combo float and very light press to keep the ink colors more vivid)

4. Keep extra supplies on hand. The white ink goes fast if you print a lot of dark shirts. There are a few other consumables you will need that don't come with the printer.

5. RIP - We really like the simplicity and ease of use of Garment Creator, but are evaluating the 3rd party RIPs because they do offer some things that Garment Creator cannot do.

I would say it took us about 60 days to feel good about what we were producing and we are still learning everyday.
allamerican likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrInky For This Useful Post:
allamerican (November 7th, 2014), idiver (July 26th, 2016)
Old October 30th, 2014 Oct 30, 2014 5:12:34 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInky
We got our F2000 and SpeedTreater in June. We were noobies not only to the F2000, but DTG as well. Here is what we have learned are the important things.

1. Pretreatment - you have to do a lot of experimenting to find your "sweet spot". Not only for dark shirts, but we have found Image Armor Light really improves printing on white shirts.

2. Type of shirts - We tested a lot of different shirts and you really just have to find what you like and what your customers like. We have had success with a variety of 100% cotton Ts, up to 50/50 Ts and Hoodies, as well as some 100% poly dry fit.

3. Heat pressing - both pretreatment and ink curing. You have to find what pressures and times work best for the amount of ink, the type of shirt, etc.... (for ink curing we are doing a combo float and very light press to keep the ink colors more vivid)

4. Keep extra supplies on hand. The white ink goes fast if you print a lot of dark shirts. There are a few other consumables you will need that don't come with the printer.

5. RIP - We really like the simplicity and ease of use of Garment Creator, but are evaluating the 3rd party RIPs because they do offer some things that Garment Creator cannot do.

I would say it took us about 60 days to feel good about what we were producing and we are still learning everyday.
Are you using a pretreat machine ?

Old October 31st, 2014 Oct 31, 2014 5:55:23 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Yes, the SpeedTreater from EZ.

Old November 6th, 2014 Nov 6, 2014 4:06:57 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:

How has the maintenance been? Any clogging issues? How many shirts do you print per day? Thx

Last edited by jts2005; November 6th, 2014 at 10:58 AM..

Old November 6th, 2014 Nov 6, 2014 9:14:20 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: shane
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Digital Factory is good.

Quote:

Old November 6th, 2014 Nov 6, 2014 10:39:34 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts2005
How has the maintenance been? Any clogging issues? How many shirts do you print per day? Thx
We have to run a clean everyday. Usually just a light clean on the white heads. Occasionally a medium clean. I can't remember every having to clean the color heads.

The white tube flush does hurt when you see how much ink it uses, and costs. But that is only once every 30 days.

Have to do a simple "cleaning cap" clean once a week. Takes about 15 minutes.

So far we have had no issues. Works great.

Head cleaning kit replacement did sneak up on us and we were down for a day waiting for the kit to come in. But easy to replace and get going again.

Right now this is a part-time business for us. We print about 20 shirts a day - weekdays and 100-200 a day - weekends.

Old November 7th, 2014 Nov 7, 2014 3:29:37 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Epson is not a bullet proof and there are no bullet proof printer out there. But EPSON requiers minimal maintenance than others. Don't forget this We lost couple printheads on our demo machines. LOL. Wasn't a big deal. They came over and replaced. But think about after warranty is over. Expensive . Lol. Or keep buying warranty every year? Pls do minimum maintenance.
Choose 3rd party RIP will help you on Saving ink equals to Printer Monthly payment. If you feel Ink payment is stiff Think 3rd party RIP asap. There are many RIP sellers. Quality? Check out with your own eyes.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Last edited by allamerican; November 7th, 2014 at 12:41 PM..

Old November 7th, 2014 Nov 7, 2014 5:56:08 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Manage your tube flushes. If comes up on Friday morning finish your days work. Then do not Flush but do a white ink removal instead. This will put cleaning solution in the lines and hold. You can still print with CMYK only. Then when you are ready to do white ink again, fill the white ink. Now you have gained a few extra days until next tube flush message. Same if vacation or long weekend. With a little planning you can cut your tube flushes from 12-10 or better. Also make a note and tape to the side of the machine when you complete the flush. Just in case you get a power flux and trigger a false flush message.

The Following User Says Thank You to spiderx1 For This Useful Post:
allamerican (November 8th, 2014)
Old November 10th, 2014 Nov 10, 2014 8:05:37 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: shane
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Yes, the SpeedTreater from EZ.
I love the speedtreater.

Old November 12th, 2014 Nov 12, 2014 4:24:46 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Anybody experienced Tricksy pretreat machine? Made in Italy. Tricksy.com. It seem lead dog in EU.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Old November 12th, 2014 Nov 12, 2014 5:19:41 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: jgabby
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I think it is Tricksy Italia ::: Coming soon page

This is a discussion about F2000 Tips that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in