F2000 Tips - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

F2000 Tips

Like Tree14Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 25th, 2014 Nov 25, 2014 12:25:23 PM -   #61 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: F2000 Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by equipmentzone
Another great reminder to always watch your humidity levels.

If you haven't already just mount a humidity gauge right near your printer so you can always keep track. Best $10 you'll spend.

http://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-00613A...humidity+gauge

_
Yep It literally hangs on the machine now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 25th, 2014 Nov 25, 2014 8:02:08 PM -   #62 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS2013
Yep It literally hangs on the machine now.

Best location for the gauge since then you can't miss seeing the humidity level.

_

Old December 4th, 2014 Dec 4, 2014 7:35:49 PM -   #63 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Where u got that hat platten from.?

Old December 8th, 2014 Dec 8, 2014 9:45:00 PM -   #64 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jim

AIRCARE Decor Series 5.5 gal. Evaportive Humidifier for 2700 sq. ft.-4DTS 900 at The Home Depot

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00H...ilpage_o00_s01

Thanks Harry at Equipment Zone for his suggestion on the Essick Air 4DTS 900 humidifier! I love the fact that it has two tanks that holds 5.5 gallon of water! I can basically run this machine for about 2.5 days before it runs out and that is humidifying a house that is +2100 sq feet at a 60% level. It has a fairly accurate humid stat reading and it also auto shut off when the humidity level is reached.

The machine has a huge industrial looking fan and and at max setting it is fairly loud. However I usually just lowest speed (which is fairly quiet) and that has been sufficient. The only con is that the unit could have had beefier plastic sides to it, the walls are fairly thin so you have to be careful when you're putting the water tanks back in after a refill. There is also a tube with a plastic rubber plunger that fits directly on your water taps so you can leave the tanks on the ground and fill it from the sink. The whole house feels a lot warmer too! Hopefully this will save some money spent on natural gas bills too, we'll see when the bill come in.

I originally bought a small Canadian Tire humidifier and had no success with it - I was lucky to get it to 30-40% in my small room where the F2000 was (182 sq feet). I put it the bigger one just outside my office doors and run the smaller one under the F2000. I can get it up to 50-60% most times with the heat press running! Prior to that the heat press use to bring it down to 20-30%.

Now that I feel confident about the environment time to keep working on dialling in the pretreatment blues and f2000 settings. Baby steps I guess.

Last edited by banffunion; December 8th, 2014 at 09:57 PM..

Old December 9th, 2014 Dec 9, 2014 6:39:17 AM -   #65 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by banffunion
AIRCARE Decor Series 5.5 gal. Evaportive Humidifier for 2700 sq. ft.-4DTS 900 at The Home Depot

Thanks Harry at Equipment Zone for his suggestion on the Essick Air 4DTS 900 humidifier! I love the fact that it has two tanks that holds 5.5 gallon of water! I can basically run this machine for about 2.5 days before it runs out and that is humidifying a house that is +2100 sq feet at a 60% level. It has a fairly accurate humid stat reading and it also auto shut off when the humidity level is reached.

The machine has a huge industrial looking fan and and at max setting it is fairly loud. However I usually just lowest speed (which is fairly quiet) and that has been sufficient. The only con is that the unit could have had beefier plastic sides to it, the walls are fairly thin so you have to be careful when you're putting the water tanks back in after a refill. There is also a tube with a plastic rubber plunger that fits directly on your water taps so you can leave the tanks on the ground and fill it from the sink. The whole house feels a lot warmer too! Hopefully this will save some money spent on natural gas bills too, we'll see when the bill come in.

I originally bought a small Canadian Tire humidifier and had no success with it - I was lucky to get it to 30-40% in my small room where the F2000 was (182 sq feet). I put it the bigger one just outside my office doors and run the smaller one under the F2000. I can get it up to 50-60% most times with the heat press running! Prior to that the heat press use to bring it down to 20-30%.

Now that I feel confident about the environment time to keep working on dialling in the pretreatment blues and f2000 settings. Baby steps I guess.

A constant 50% humidity level is healthy for you and your employees, especially over the winter, and very healthy for your printer.

_

Old December 12th, 2014 Dec 12, 2014 7:35:04 AM -   #66 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by banffunion

I'm also glad to see the Amazon offers this humidifier in Canada also.

_

Old June 11th, 2015 Jun 11, 2015 6:11:24 AM -   #67 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

The power went out and my F2000 did a recharge. How do I prevent this?

Old June 11th, 2015 Jun 11, 2015 7:51:46 AM -   #68 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

A recharge? Do you mean a circulation or possibly tube washing? If the power goes out I have seen the printer request me to perform a tube washing even though it wasn't needed. Epson knows about this bug but nothing has be resolved afaik. An ink circulation is no big deal...doesn't cost you anything but time.

Old June 11th, 2015 Jun 11, 2015 7:59:58 AM -   #69 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Gin

Recommend that all printers be plugged into a high end surge protector with a battery backup. Will help prevent any electrical surge problems and, in your case, the battery backup would keep the printer running even with your power going out. Here is an example of a good unit available from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-SMA...7&keywords=ups

_
gatorGRAFIX likes this.

Old June 11th, 2015 Jun 11, 2015 8:06:30 PM -   #70 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
it's just recirculating the ink. Nothing to be concerned about. It will always do this on start up. The printer sees a power outage as a power down. Power comes back on the Epson thinks it's time to wake up.

Old June 11th, 2015 Jun 11, 2015 11:19:41 PM -   #71 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark

The sound of the F2000 circulating ink is a good start to the day I reckon.
gatorGRAFIX likes this.

Old June 12th, 2015 Jun 12, 2015 2:30:34 AM -   #72 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
My guess is it did a medium clean on the white channels. You will want to turn this feature off but you must perform a minimum of a light clean when you are starting your day to print. You want to make sure your white channels are firing. It's important not to start printing without this procedure.

http://youtu.be/DOBNxhozZ4E

Last edited by JeridHill; June 12th, 2015 at 02:31 AM..

Old June 6th, 2016 Jun 6, 2016 12:32:23 AM -   #73 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

[QUOTE=equipmentzone;3021850]Recommend that all printers be plugged into a high end surge protector with a battery backup. Will help prevent any electrical surge problems and, in your case, the battery backup would keep the printer running even with your power going out. Here is an example of a good unit available from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-SMA...7&keywords=ups

Thanks, probably a good idea.

Old June 6th, 2016 Jun 6, 2016 12:38:13 AM -   #74 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I'm slow getting back here. Actually, the company told us it dumped the white ink and charged it as if it was a new machine. They suggested we shut down if there was a chance of power outage.

This is a discussion about F2000 Tips that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in