F2000 Tips - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

F2000 Tips

Like Tree14Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 4:12:39 AM -   #46 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Default Re: F2000 Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by okprinter
yep...now that winter has hit I am running 4 humidifiers here in Oklahoma this week to keep the humidity a little over 50%. I have 2 in the room with my printer, one at the doorway leading to the area I have my heat presses and one in the heat press room.
Sauna? Pump up the heat too.
Correct humidity will never hurt. So happy to see you are enjoying DTGing.

Last edited by Rodney; November 19th, 2014 at 07:35 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 4:18:51 AM -   #47 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Very dry here in Georgia. You can expect channel drop outs, 2 cleaning instead of 1. Color shifts due to channel dropouts. However to date I have not seen this problem yet on the F2000. If putting the humidifier to close to the printer. Be sure no moisture is forming on or in the printer. This can damage electronics. I have seen where people have built a tent to try and hold humidity in around machine. I do not recommend this as you can end up with a rain forest in the printer.

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 4:36:27 AM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I was doing a small run of 60 prints the other day while RH was 28%. At one point between prints my F2000 stopped to do a clean. Whether that was in relation to low RH I don't know, but it cost me time and ink! Will be purchasing a humidifier soon.
allamerican likes this.

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 4:45:31 AM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Roy

Peter and Randy, good points...I do watch so that I do not end up with the suana climate and that there is no moisture inside the printer.

I have a Mitsubishi multi-split unit to control the temperature. My shop is basically a two car garage converted to two shop areas; one for my printers and one for the rest of my equipment. This has been very beneficial so that I can control the temperature and humidity.

I keep it around 72F and then have the humidifiers set to keep it between 50% and 55%. The humidity sensors are on either side of the printer. I have the humidifiers set so that they will cycle on and off. This will be an interesting week as we just finished a week of freezing temperatures and then we will be back to the 50's and rain this weekend. The weather does change a lot in Oklahoma.

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 4:52:23 AM -   #50 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Usually I see the Epson perform a ink circulation when it has been sitting idle for a long period time between prints. This happens when you press the print button and delays the start of the print for a short period of time. Most printers will do a light cleaning after a number of shirts are printed, this is not related to humidity. The printer does not know what the humidity is. Unless moisture is forming inside the printer. Then it may shutdown in a self protection mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to spiderx1 For This Useful Post:
Mammath (November 19th, 2014)
Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 5:27:33 AM -   #51 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammath
I was doing a small run of 60 prints the other day while RH was 28%. At one point between prints my F2000 stopped to do a clean. Whether that was in relation to low RH I don't know, but it cost me time and ink! Will be purchasing a humidifier soon.

A big mistake we see people making is running their humidifiers during working hours and then shutting them off when they leave for the day. You do want to keep the proper humidity level 24/7 in the space you have your printer in.

_

The Following User Says Thank You to equipmentzone For This Useful Post:
Mammath (November 19th, 2014)
Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 6:30:55 AM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I do climate control 7 x 24...and in Oklahoma with frequent power outages - thunderstorms, ice storms and of course tornados. I added a backup generator to the mix, that keeps from having to scramble when we loose power for a few days. I have been thinking that I need a safe room for my equipment (lol)...but not yet.

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 10:47:48 AM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jim

Earlier we were talking about pretreatment using the Speedtreater Tx and using approx 50-60 on the dial. I've read on the forum if you want to weight your shirts before and after pretreatment there should be ideally 18-22 grams for epson and 22-24 grams for Image Armour. However what are the grams based on what size of spray?? Because on the Speedtreater you can adjust your spray area.. you're not going to use 23 grams of image armour for a 5" high graphic (would be soaking wet) and a 16" high graphic (if you were to do that big would not have enough spray to spread 23 grams) So what are these grams based on. Confused by this statement.

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 2:20:43 PM -   #54 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

These numbers are for a 14x14.

The Following User Says Thank You to spiderx1 For This Useful Post:
banffunion (November 19th, 2014)
Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 2:48:00 PM -   #55 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Anybody report on humidity issue on Epson yet? Most generous humidity proof printer out there. You don't need to go crazy with your baby. Just realize extream dry will effects.
You have good gear Enjoy it. Don't panic about it. Create fear is not good.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 5:33:21 PM -   #56 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Peter, great point a person buying the Epson does not have anything to fear....my shop with the climate control was built back when I had the anajet sprint...and it was notorious for issues if I did not manage the climate. So, I just moved my Epson F2000 into these shop conditions. This Epson is proving to be such a worry free printer for me and fits my business plan perfectly. It is performing much better than expected. Thank you!!

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 5:40:38 PM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jim

If an epson rep reads this maybe they could suggest to the company that the label on the cleaning kit be a different colour. As the white ink has a white label on it already and sometimes you just grab the wrong box. Since both look alike unless you read the label. And we all know that is just too much hassle ha ha. Just a suggestion
okprinter likes this.

Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 1:15:37 AM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
Anybody report on humidity issue on Epson yet? Most generous humidity proof printer out there. You don't need to go crazy with your baby. Just realize extream dry will effects.
You have good gear Enjoy it. Don't panic about it. Create fear is not good.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.
Matter of fact, today was the first time I've had CMYK colors completely dry up on me. My humidity had dropped to 20% in my shop. We were running ovens all around and no humidifier. We haven't had to since May. Sure enough, nothing. I had to do #2 head cleaning and then a #3 on my yellow/black. Even then not all came back, but nearly perfect.

Old November 24th, 2014 Nov 24, 2014 6:02:32 PM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS2013
Matter of fact, today was the first time I've had CMYK colors completely dry up on me. My humidity had dropped to 20% in my shop. We were running ovens all around and no humidifier. We haven't had to since May. Sure enough, nothing. I had to do #2 head cleaning and then a #3 on my yellow/black. Even then not all came back, but nearly perfect.
Perfect CMYK printhead checks since this occurrence.

Old November 24th, 2014 Nov 24, 2014 7:03:43 PM -   #60 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS2013
Perfect CMYK printhead checks since this occurrence.

Another great reminder to always watch your humidity levels.

If you haven't already just mount a humidity gauge right near your printer so you can always keep track. Best $10 you'll spend.

http://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-00613A...humidity+gauge

_

This is a discussion about F2000 Tips that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in