Any F2000 owners own a Brother GT3? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Any F2000 owners own a Brother GT3?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TUANISAPPAREL
  • 1 Post By gresults

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 23rd, 2014 Sep 23, 2014 3:25:07 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Nader
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Any F2000 owners own a Brother GT3?

Looking to hear from anyone who owns or has owned a Brother GT3 printer that now owns a F2000. I need to add another printer badly and I cannot speak highly enough of how great my GT3 has been and the incredible support brother has given me HOWEVER with the price of an Epson F2000 right now I want to make sure I am making the right decision because a price difference of $5,000 is not chump change to me so I would like to hear any pros and cons from people who have owned both machines and printed in production as to any major differences.

THANKS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2014 Sep 23, 2014 3:32:15 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Default Re: Any F2000 owners own a Brother GT3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUANISAPPAREL
Looking to hear from anyone who owns or has owned a Brother GT3 printer that now owns a F2000. I need to add another printer badly and I cannot speak highly enough of how great my GT3 has been and the incredible support brother has given me HOWEVER with the price of an Epson F2000 right now I want to make sure I am making the right decision because a price difference of $5,000 is not chump change to me so I would like to hear any pros and cons from people who have owned both machines and printed in production as to any major differences.

THANKS

What is the current street price of a GT3 white ink printer?

_

Old September 23rd, 2014 Sep 23, 2014 4:20:59 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

$153.00 for one 380 cc cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by equipmentzone
What is the current street price of a GT3 white ink printer?

_

Old September 23rd, 2014 Sep 23, 2014 4:53:13 PM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
$153.00 for one 380 cc cart

Sorry, I meant the price of the GT-3 printer itself.

_

Old September 23rd, 2014 Sep 23, 2014 4:56:44 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

361 is $22K List

Quote:
Originally Posted by equipmentzone
Sorry, I meant the price of the GT-3 printer itself.

_

Old September 23rd, 2014 Sep 23, 2014 8:03:36 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: CD
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Nader, I have the 381... almost two year with 0 problems. If I can make a suggestion you should stick with what works. The advantage is that both machines will print the same. The F2000 seems to be a nice machine and something to seriously consider if it were your first printer. With 2 GT´s you can put the same job on both and have the same look, feel and consistency. 5K is a chunk of money but since you look like you have enough work for 2 machines I wouldn´t be too concern about that.

CD

The Following User Says Thank You to CanarianDrifter For This Useful Post:
TUANISAPPAREL (September 23rd, 2014)
Old September 23rd, 2014 Sep 23, 2014 9:00:54 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

CanarianDrifter I agree with you and I would love to stick with Brother since it has been flawless but $5,500 is the difference, I don't mind paying a little more but I can't from a business stand point justify the extra cost when both these printers are pretty neck in neck from what I can tell. Here is my thought and maybe its not the right way to look at it but if I buy the Epson and really like it I can put the 361 up for sale and easily get $12K for it and buy another Epson or if I hate the Epson I can sell it for $10K easly and take a $4K loss, either option still cost me less then $5,500.00

I just wish Brother would match the Epson price so this was not so difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanarianDrifter
Nader, I have the 381... almost two year with 0 problems. If I can make a suggestion you should stick with what works. The advantage is that both machines will print the same. The F2000 seems to be a nice machine and something to seriously consider if it were your first printer. With 2 GT´s you can put the same job on both and have the same look, feel and consistency. 5K is a chunk of money but since you look like you have enough work for 2 machines I wouldn´t be too concern about that.

CD
Slash2006 likes this.

Old September 23rd, 2014 Sep 23, 2014 10:02:29 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts

Looks like you can purchase the Epson for about 13,995 with the instant rebate and the 3000 trade in plan that's 8,000k difference from 22k? Just pick up a cheap/parts/junker kiosk or t-jet from the bay and use it as a trade in http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dtg-kiosk-2-...item1e9217e48c .. I think there's a big difference in there print head cost also?..

Last edited by german13; September 23rd, 2014 at 10:08 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to 102557 For This Useful Post:
TUANISAPPAREL (September 24th, 2014)
Old September 24th, 2014 Sep 24, 2014 7:11:32 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Don't miss Output quality. When your sample is less vibrant and image is poor against your competitor What will happen? I guarantee EPSON has much superior image quality. Hands down. I put my honor on table. If you cannot believe what I said here Send art work to both companies. In a week you will have clear answer. No more Lost in bush.
This is easiest trick all TSF member should use but not many are
Why Epson is better? Printhead choice. DPI. Drop size Etc. Especially RIP/Software.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
german13 (September 24th, 2014)
Old September 24th, 2014 Sep 24, 2014 10:09:52 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts

Give Randy a call, (1-404-917-7995) . Reps the Epson machine, with an encyclopedia of info on the Epson f2000, all the info you want to know and then some

Old September 24th, 2014 Sep 24, 2014 2:54:29 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Donald

I just wanted to post on this one, We have a Brother 541 and just spent two days at the ISS Show Fort Worth looking at both the Epson and Brother as we want to add the ability to print on black.

As we had the same image printed on both the GT3 and Epson I can tell you it really is hard to tell which machine each print came off of unless you know, and if you are using a RIP it is even harder.

In the end we went with the Epson basically for the price, but also from comparing ink cost and white ink maintenance of course in the end really want know for a few months if it was good decision but from the lack of a lot of negatives on users of the Epson I felt it was a safe bet.

We should have ours up and running next week, as for the GT3 if you push it you can get it down under 20, but as we where also able to trade in a older DTG we took advantage of rebates for both taking 5000.00 off the already great price, so we where out the door for 13995.00 and ended up leasing at 10,995.00 as we put down additional 3000.00 to get payment where we liked it.

I hope this helps as it is more real world than having dealers tell you how great there products are and why you should buy there's I know as we spent two days listening to it.
4u2bSeen likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to gresults For This Useful Post:
TUANISAPPAREL (September 24th, 2014)
Old September 26th, 2014 Sep 26, 2014 11:58:41 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Don

I think Brother should pay attention to some of these forums. They may find themselves with a lot of good machines in inventory that no one is willing to pay the price for. From what I have been following so far people seem to be happy with both machines. However money is money and Epson has established themselves a good line of dealers that have hands on experience in DTG. Kudos to Epson for setting the tone and getting people to pay attention to DTG printing. O and by the way I don't work for Epson we use a brother gt541 been great but may be looking for white ink in the future. Just watching and listening for now....

Old September 26th, 2014 Sep 26, 2014 5:52:25 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Trust me oldstunt they do pay attention to this site and even though I have no idea when the new brother dtg comes out but I am sure when it does it will be better then the epson but I can't wait for the un known so I have to base my decision on what is available now.

Someone I know is setting up their ebson this weekend so I will be able to do some real world printing comparisons and make my choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using T-Shirt Forums

Old September 27th, 2014 Sep 27, 2014 4:25:07 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:

THANKS
Really depends alot on whos software the Epson is running, if u are evaluating the Epson based on their Garment Creator software u may be disappointed. GC is a very basic program, at this time, really more of just a print driver. When using a 3rd party rip is when the Epson shines. But even then some are alot better than others. Test a variety of artwork, but if u have just one try some smokes and or fades.

This is a discussion about Any F2000 owners own a Brother GT3? that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in