Is it as good as they claim ? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Is it as good as they claim ?

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By treefox2118
  • 1 Post By Liberty
  • 1 Post By Jmelwak

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 18th, 2014 Aug 18, 2014 7:33:20 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Paul
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Is it as good as they claim ?

So all you owners out there who have owned other DTG printers in the past and now own the Epson F2000. What are your thoughts? I own a Anajet and after it breaking twice to the tune of $3000 each time to repair I'm done, it's basically a $15,000 anchor because there's virtually no support. Please LMK the pros and cons u have experienced.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2014 Aug 18, 2014 7:46:07 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Brian
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Default Re: Is it as good as they claim ?

The pros, so far, is that the printer appears to be built better than any third party modified Epson. People are reporting less maintenance and less production time and still getting a perfect nozzle check.

The new wiper belt is superior, it appears, to the wiper blade.

Ink may be a little more expensive, but it's hard to say.

Here's the thing: I've looked over failed DTGs, and 90% of the time, the reason they failed was (1) lack of use, and/or (2) bad maintenance.

If you don't keep a maintenance log, you're going to have problems. If ink doesn't flow, you're going to have problems.

That being said, the Epson F2000 appears to be a winner, especially for shops that don't have very high volume yet.
MZDEELO likes this.

Old August 18th, 2014 Aug 18, 2014 9:41:40 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

If I were in the market for a single platen machine with VERY minimal physical maintenance I would look no further than the F2000. It all comes down to what you want out of the printer and your market.

Epson = Ease of use, small foot print, no formal tech training needed - but you pay for this with the cost of ink and the built-in maintenance schedules.

Send me an email with your phone # and I will be happy to call and discuss these things in more detail. Writing a novel here isn't very time efficient lol.

[email protected]

Old August 18th, 2014 Aug 18, 2014 10:25:11 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Cool Re: Is it as good as they claim ?

Except that by writing it here you are sharing with the masses... Enquiring minds want to know...

You opinion is valued, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekay317
Writing a novel here isn't very time efficient lol.

eri[email protected]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liberty For This Useful Post:
Migs1581 (August 21st, 2014), scuba_steve2699 (August 26th, 2014)
Old August 18th, 2014 Aug 18, 2014 12:01:32 PM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,068 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog50000
So all you owners out there who have owned other DTG printers in the past and now own the Epson F2000. What are your thoughts? I own a Anajet and after it breaking twice to the tune of $3000 each time to repair I'm done, it's basically a $15,000 anchor because there's virtually no support. Please LMK the pros and cons u have experienced.

Cheers

You just have to read the many threads on this Epson sub-forum from owners of the printer and you will note that none of them have had mechanical or clogging issues. Many have let the printer sit for days unused, come back, turned it on, and printed - with no clogging. The Epson warranty included with the printer covers everything including the printhead, and even (if ever needed) an Epson service technician coming to your location within 24 to 48 hours at no charge at all. We've put in many units around the country and simply do not hear back from customers with any issues on the F2000. If you want a printer that you do not have to leave on 24/7 or have to worry about clogging or breakdowns then you should take a look at the F2000.

If you do not get many F2000 users answering you on this thread please contact me and I will be happy to send you some names to call.

_

Last edited by equipmentzone; August 18th, 2014 at 12:06 PM..

Old August 18th, 2014 Aug 18, 2014 7:48:44 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog50000

Cheers
Well, long story short, you can get a great deal on the machine this month, so get it now if you're on the fence. In the past I have used a modified Epson DTG and now we use the Epson F2000 now for all our DTG. I am not a super busy DTG shop, so letting the machine sit for up to a week at a time at some points has never given me an issue. I try to circulate the ink at least every couple days however. I have had absolutely no misprints since I have owned the machine and I have printed at least 750-1000 shirts.

Lastly, I am confident that I save more money with the Epson F2000 by not ruining blanks and wasting ink on misprints. It justifies the extra cost of Epson ink for us. I haven't had the opportunity to try any 3rd party RIPs either, but plan to soon.

Bottom line is that it has to be one of the best machines on the market, so if you're in the market for a top tier single platen machine, look no further. The Anajet is wicked expensive and they tried to sell me a used M10 for over 20k. Brother seems to be the only other brand close, but they can't go up to a 16x20 platen.

Oh and I love the sleeve platen. So much easier than screen printing small runs.

Old August 18th, 2014 Aug 18, 2014 9:09:48 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I agree with all the above. I have never had a dtg machine before and 3 months almost 8000 prints later this machine has not given me one problem. I was new to dtg and never had any training before this machine. Only thing I had going wad being a graphic designer for years before. The maintenance is so easy and it prints perfect every time. I love the Neo rip and am very happy with my choice. My customers are amazed at the quality and color I can produce I was almost going to buy an anajet but waited.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jmelwak For This Useful Post:
allamerican (August 21st, 2014)
Old August 19th, 2014 Aug 19, 2014 12:55:40 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Hai

same here. this was my first DTG machine. Love it. low maintenance. turn it on. circulate ink. light head cleaning. the whole process takes less than 10 minutes, and then you're ready to print.

clean head cap about once a week. flush the white ink once a month.

most of this stuff the LCD will prompt you.

i chose the epson f2000 over the brother because of its ease of use. and low maintenance.

Old August 19th, 2014 Aug 19, 2014 9:25:12 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Hai

I just did my first head set cleaning! It was the only thing i was afraid i was going to screw up on, but it was SUPER EASY. Nothing about this machine is complicated. l'm not DTG expert, so if i can work this thing, im sure anyone could.

This is a discussion about Is it as good as they claim ? that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in