Epson F2000 or Spectra 3000 users??? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson F2000 or Spectra 3000 users???

Like Tree47Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 24th, 2014 Jul 24, 2014 8:12:12 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Epson F2000 or Spectra 3000 users???

We currently have a brother gt541 and love it. We have been thinking about getting into white ink for awhile now and just am wasn't happy with all the maintenance and expense with the white ink machine that were available. However I think the Epson F2000 has changed all of that but the price even with all the rebates I still think is little pricey for the amount of shirts we will be doing. We will not be mass producing. I double that we will do orders over 40-50 shirts. Large orders will be done with our screenprinting equipment.

Spectra 3000 price is great however it is a new machine out and uses an Epson head. I really haven't heard of anyone that has had much luck with any of the Epson based print heads besides Epson themselves. Plus also heard that Epson wasn't going to allow dtg manufacturers to buy their print heads since they are now selling them also.

Would love to hear from anyone that has the spectra and if there is anyone in the Midwest with one of these machines. Thx again
MzLayD likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2014 Jul 24, 2014 12:51:31 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts

Default Re: Epson F2000 or Spectra 3000 users???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometownshirts
We currently have a brother gt541 and love it. We have been thinking about getting into white ink for awhile now and just am wasn't happy with all the maintenance and expense with the white ink machine that were available. However I think the Epson F2000 has changed all of that but the price even with all the rebates I still think is little pricey for the amount of shirts we will be doing. We will not be mass producing. I double that we will do orders over 40-50 shirts. Large orders will be done with our screenprinting equipment.

Spectra 3000 price is great however it is a new machine out and uses an Epson head. I really haven't heard of anyone that has had much luck with any of the Epson based print heads besides Epson themselves. Plus also heard that Epson wasn't going to allow dtg manufacturers to buy their print heads since they are now selling them also.

Would love to hear from anyone that has the spectra and if there is anyone in the Midwest with one of these machines. Thx again
Hello Hometown.

you can find some info on the Spectra 3000 here https://www.t-shirtforums.com/direct-...ml#post2245601

Also there are some other threads in the general below. Hopefully the moderators will add spectra to the manufacture list so that the questions don't leak over into other manufacturer threads
allamerican likes this.

Old July 24th, 2014 Jul 24, 2014 1:16:32 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I see u are from Chicago. Do u have a spectra there?

Old July 24th, 2014 Jul 24, 2014 1:47:01 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometownshirts
I see u are from Chicago. Do u have a spectra there?
sent you a pm, but your box is full.. pm me

Old July 24th, 2014 Jul 24, 2014 1:55:53 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Sorry it should work now. I deleted some messages

Old August 7th, 2014 Aug 7, 2014 9:10:20 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

How is the platen bed driven on a Spectra 3000?

Old August 8th, 2014 Aug 8, 2014 3:40:39 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudsuds
How is the platen bed driven on a Spectra 3000?
It uses a precision positioning Industrial grade motor designed for heavy use and high torque. Driven by Spectra's proprietary motor control electronics system with encoder feedback..

Old August 8th, 2014 Aug 8, 2014 4:14:28 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Ok Ill take your word on that :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to spudsuds For This Useful Post:
german13 (August 8th, 2014)
Old August 8th, 2014 Aug 8, 2014 6:19:22 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudsuds
Ok Ill take your word on that :-)
Lol Its nothing new, actually a proven technology very common in cnc milling machine applications that are run in much harsher environments milling parts all day ! the key is the electronics to drive this application on a printer with finesse along with the other controls.. Its really over kill for only moving a platen.. There are very few "modified" dtg machines that use an upgraded motor/drive application the only ones I know of are the NeoFlex and Mod1 - both great engineering.. The new Epson f2000 is a Incredible Machine as well, Epson is the king of this technology and will be..

Old August 8th, 2014 Aug 8, 2014 6:22:36 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: John

So here we are with the 3rd Gen DTG's
In this corner Epson at $19K and $380.00/Liter for their ink in 600ml Carts
OR
The Spectra 3000 (utilizing an Epson 3000) mounted to the most simply elegant shuttle system I've ever seen PLUS a Pressurized Closed Loop Bulk Ink Delivery System that utilizes IV Bags. Truly amazing!
And a RIP that allows you to lay down White AND CMYK in ONE PASS!!! Yes, one pass, even Epson can't do that. James Crockett, inventor and boy genius just posted a video on YouTube, watch it. BTW this puppy sits comfortably on a 30" x 60" Table, with room to spare...

For the price of one Epson, you can have two Spectra 3000's PLUS 2 GeoKnight 20 Heat Presses PLUS a Pre-Treater AND Rhe ink from Spectra is $150.00 / Liter versus Epson's 600ml Carts at $380.00 / Liter Finally, even Epson can't lay down White and CMYK SIMULTANEOUSLY. Their RIP versus EK Print Studio Customized for Spectra is plug n play. I know, I ran one myself last week having never run a DTG before. Send me an email and I'll send you the pics.
john e.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnleisenberg For This Useful Post:
DTGPRINTERPARTS (October 9th, 2014), MzLayD (October 10th, 2015)
Old August 8th, 2014 Aug 8, 2014 6:32:21 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleisenberg
So here we are with the 3rd Gen DTG's
In this corner Epson at $19K and $380.00/Liter for their ink in 600ml Carts
OR
The Spectra 3000 (utilizing an Epson 3000) mounted to the most simply elegant shuttle system I've ever seen PLUS a Pressurized Closed Loop Bulk Ink Delivery System that utilizes IV Bags. Truly amazing!
And a RIP that allows you to lay down White AND CMYK in ONE PASS!!! Yes, one pass, even Epson can't do that. James Crockett, inventor and boy genius just posted a video on YouTube, watch it. BTW this puppy sits comfortably on a 30" x 60" Table, with room to spare...

For the price of one Epson, you can have two Spectra 3000's PLUS 2 GeoKnight 20 Heat Presses PLUS a Pre-Treater AND Rhe ink from Spectra is $150.00 / Liter versus Epson's 600ml Carts at $380.00 / Liter Finally, even Epson can't lay down White and CMYK SIMULTANEOUSLY. Their RIP versus EK Print Studio Customized for Spectra is plug n play. I know, I ran one myself last week having never run a DTG before. Send me an email and I'll send you the pics.
john e.
That is just awesome.... Great work by the Specta 3000 Team.

Old August 8th, 2014 Aug 8, 2014 6:35:03 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13
Lol Its nothing new, actually a proven technology very common in cnc milling machine applications that are run in much harsher environments milling parts all day ! the key is the electronics to drive this application on a printer with finesse along with the other controls.. Its really over kill for only moving a platen.. There are very few "modified" dtg machines that use an upgraded motor/drive application the only ones I know of are the NeoFlex and Mod1 - both great engineering.. The new Epson f2000 is a Incredible Machine as well, Epson is the king of this technology and will be..
And here I am trying to figure out how to get linear guides mounted to replace my drawer guides...

Old October 9th, 2014 Oct 9, 2014 4:59:04 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Hale

What are the expected ink costs for cleaning and maintenance on the Spectra? How long can you leave it without the white ink plugging up? We have a small shop and will not run a DTG everyday.

The Epson F2000 requires a white ink tube flush every month at a cost of about $125. If you leave it off for 2 to 3 days at a time, does that have any effect on how often you have to do the white ink tube flush?

Hale
Hogwild Imprints

Old October 9th, 2014 Oct 9, 2014 5:23:50 PM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale
If you leave it off for 2 to 3 days at a time, does that have any effect on how often you have to do the white ink tube flush?
No, it's on a 30 day timer.

There is something that you can do to help extend it a little more.

If the printer gives you the tube flush reminder, what until the work week is over. So if it's on a Wednesday and your last day of the work week is Friday, skip over the message. On Friday, instead of doing a tube flush, do a replace white ink. You will put the cleaning cartridges in instead and then afterwards, power off the system. At the beginning of your work week, do the same thing, but this time add the white ink. You've bought yourself a little more time by doing this.

EPSON doesn't want to interrupt your work week and a few extra days helps.
jts2005 likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
jts2005 (December 21st, 2014)
Old October 9th, 2014 Oct 9, 2014 5:58:20 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Glad I caught this post. Thanks for the info in the other one about Anajet german. The spectra really intrigues me with that price point. I was really curious about the platen feed and the stand setup.

This is a discussion about Epson F2000 or Spectra 3000 users??? that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in