Epson F2000 or Spectra 3000 users??? - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson F2000 or Spectra 3000 users???

Like Tree47Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 4th, 2014 Nov 4, 2014 10:22:48 PM -   #31 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson F2000 or Spectra 3000 users???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchandler52
Yes I understand about the bad post button and the admin is always deleting post that go against the spectra lol. It is information I would like to know before purchasing an EXPENSIVE ITEM. Everytime UFO PRINTER comes up the post is deleted lol. But to stay on topic since you have and sell Spectra can you tell me printer comparison of the two printers ? Is the Spectra faster than the Epson ? Print quality compared to epson ? Maybe some features that the Epson does not have ? I know i read that spectra has a pressurized ink system. Any other cool features ?
Hahaha are you saying the admin is Pro-Spectra?
Contact me, I will be more than happy to give you an overview on the Spectra, anything posted here by the seller is self promo which is not allowed. As you saw the posts were pretty negative. This would be taken down on any section.

You can find reviews on the Spectra review thread, which has "Customer" comparisons that have operated other DTG machines also. The Epson is a great machine and remember we are talking about machines with very different price points. Best advice is to schedule a demo on any machine your considering to understand the differences hands on..
I know who you are though lol at least I think I do. I'll call you tomorrow. You know I have helped you out. I won't try to sell yiu the machine, lol just talk.

Last edited by DTGPRINTERPARTS; November 5th, 2014 at 06:02 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 4th, 2014 Nov 4, 2014 11:04:54 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Does the the Spectra 3000 use the Epson DX5 print head?

If not what type of head is used?

Last edited by NZACO; November 4th, 2014 at 11:26 PM..

Old November 5th, 2014 Nov 5, 2014 5:24:04 AM -   #33 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZACO
Does the the Spectra 3000 use the Epson DX5 print head?

If not what type of head is used?
It doesn't. It uses a dx7. I will post a video today of how much control you have with it

The Following User Says Thank You to DTGPRINTERPARTS For This Useful Post:
NZACO (November 5th, 2014)

Old November 5th, 2014 Nov 5, 2014 5:37:21 PM -   #34 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
It doesn't. It uses a dx7. I will post a video today of how much control you have with it
Going to have to wait to post the video until tomorrow or Friday. Had a tech job today and had to leave the office earlier than usual. (not on the Spectra hehe)

NZACO (November 5th, 2014)
Old November 22nd, 2014 Nov 22, 2014 5:51:03 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUANISAPPAREL
I have two brother 361's and my friend just bought a spectra 3000 which he may bring to my shop to work it. It should be here in 4 to 6 weeks so I am very curious to see what all the hype is about. I have to agree with Peter that you cannot put the Spectra in the same class as the F2000 or the Brother but that does not mean it's not a great machine. I will let you know how it compares to the brother once I see it work for a few weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using T-Shirt Forums
Your right they are 2 different printers, different price points, ink cost and so on. As a Spectra owner myself the real comparison my be "how do you compare 1 Epson F2000 to 2 Spectra's?"

The Following User Says Thank You to Island Designs For This Useful Post:
DTGPRINTERPARTS (November 22nd, 2014)
Old November 22nd, 2014 Nov 22, 2014 6:37:44 AM -   #36 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Me personally I think It should of been left up. As a potential customer I would like to know facts, history etc. Not the edited version. If there was no slandering why remove ? I always see post going against certain companies removed unless ANAJET lol yall let people dog them out. This post is trying to compare the spectra to the Epson and was not removed ? Is it really comparable ? If so why not give the spectra their own thread. Also alot of these users seem fake lol ? I have nothing against spectra printer at all and it is among one of the printers that I would have liked to see in action this weekend coming in Charlotte.
Lol still haven't got a response from you. Which users were fake?

Old November 22nd, 2014 Nov 22, 2014 7:37:33 AM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Designs
Your right they are 2 different printers, different price points, ink cost and so on. As a Spectra owner myself the real comparison my be "how do you compare 1 Epson F2000 to 2 Spectra's?"
I think Island Designs is spot on and I want to expand on this a little bit. I've closely examined the F2000, and I'm also a Spectra owner.

I would choose a Spectra for my business every time. Looking at cost, not only is the Spectra much cheaper (two Spectras vs one F2000), but you have to consider the continuing cost of ownership. The F2000 isn't saving you any money, it actually costs more in the long term. Ink is more expensive for the F2000. You also have to buy into a maintenance plan the second year if you want to maintain warranty coverage. Etc.

That's not to say the F2000 isn't a great printer. It is. And it does offer some advantages over the Spectra. Chiefly, I think the difference is ease-of-use. Most people would probably find the F2000 a bit more user friendly which might be helpful in a large shop with many operators. That said, the Spectra's learning curve is not difficult, and I'm hard pressed to see why the F2000 is worth $10,000+ more than the Spectra. Print quality and speed will be very similar on both units on a one for one basis, but if you look at it as two Spectras vs one F2000, it's no contest. I don't see any reason why a competitive print shop would choose the F2000.

I don't mean to discredit the F2000, as it's a phenomenal printer, but I'd definitely be cautious about spending that amount of money right now. In my opinion, the Spectra is a game changer and since it's introduction we've seen DTG competitors pricing dropping like a rock. As the Spectra brand becomes more well known I would think they stand a good chance of forcing Epson to lower their price as well.

[edited this post for clarity]
Sparkie likes this.

Last edited by Emortal; November 24th, 2014 at 08:36 AM..

Old November 23rd, 2014 Nov 23, 2014 11:23:01 AM -   #38 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Me personally I think It should of been left up. As a potential customer I would like to know facts, history etc. Not the edited version. If there was no slandering why remove ? I always see post going against certain companies removed unless ANAJET lol yall let people dog them out. This post is trying to compare the spectra to the Epson and was not removed ? Is it really comparable ? If so why not give the spectra their own thread. Also alot of these users seem fake lol ? I have nothing against spectra printer at all and it is among one of the printers that I would have liked to see in action this weekend coming in Charlotte.
Still waiting... saw you were posting on other threads. Still wondering why I haven't got an answer.... Crickets

Old November 24th, 2014 Nov 24, 2014 7:42:25 AM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I think I understand now why allamerican is so confused. My original post may have been unclear, especially to someone who is not a native English speaker. I did not say that I sold the Epson or that I am an Epson dealer. These words have only come out of his mouth. My post was that I am a MELCO dealer, and Melco, the company, sells the Epson. Not me. I finally understand that Peter is angry because he thinks I'm trying to say I sell the Epson but believe in Spectra. I do not sell the Epson. What I wanted to imply was that I've thoroughly checked out the Epson, and as I stated in my post, I think it's a fine printer. I just don't see the advantage of it versus two Spectra 3000's.

As far as allamerican's response, it's still incredibly inappropriate despite any confusion he may have had. I totally agree with you Island Designs, he posts like he is master of the universe. It's only just now that he starts mentioning print quality, ease of use, service, etc. Those would have all been fine talking points that we could have an intelligent discussion about. Instead he only makes petty insults and accusations based on his misunderstanding.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emortal For This Useful Post:
allamerican (November 24th, 2014), DTGPRINTERPARTS (November 24th, 2014), Island Designs (November 24th, 2014)
Old November 24th, 2014 Nov 24, 2014 7:06:31 PM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I chose Epson f2000 over a Modified Epson(Spectra) because Spectra does not even have machines built yet. They want $3500 and you to wait 6 weeks for again, something that is not even built yet. I am sure they have modified a Epson real nice, but again, when you actually have a product to sell, let us all know...
If it costs 3-4k to modify a Epson at cost, go get a freakin business loan for 50-100k and build as many as possible. Sell them all, and build more. Not the other way around.....

I did not even consider Neoflex lol They are outdated, and the person who posts under there company name comes off as a money hungry loser who uses this forum as there own playground to simply peddle there product at every chance they get while trying to disguise it as "helping people" Your Aaeoon machine looks like a piece of junk, I would purchase a Kornit over it any day of the week.

I am from Toronto Canada and have no affiliation to any of these companies I mentioned.

I find Belquette is the only DTG company doing things right. There products look 10 years ahead of anyone elses, especially there pre treatment machine, and there videos have been so much help and fun to watch, and I am not even a customer!!! There logo, website, everything they do is ahead of there time, and all other companies should be taking notes, or you will get left behind. I will for sure be purchasing a pre treatment machine from them, and keeping up with whatever they do.

The Following User Says Thank You to Marc101 For This Useful Post:
DTGPRINTERPARTS (November 24th, 2014)
Old November 24th, 2014 Nov 24, 2014 8:30:14 PM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

[
Quote:
Still waiting... saw you were posting on other threads. Still wondering why I haven't got an answer.... Crickets
LOL I just noticed these post and I just got off the phone with you a couple of hours ago Anthony. As you've noticed I was posting in the other threads about my printer going through its issues with the main board and print head. I haven't had time to look at the debates here.

As I have mentioned during our conversation, I am very much considering the spectra also.

Things I have noticed about the spectra from these videos. It seems to print fast. I am looking for a fast printer. Another thing is I will be able to continue using dupont ink. That is a major factor because I need competitive prices for my shirts. Now print quality this is a big factor.

As we talked about on the phone. I told you that using speed mode on the anajet also prints very fast, but I get Streaks when using it making that mode useless. I asked you does that happen with the spectra, You said that the spectra also has that same issue currently but you are about a week away from correcting it.

lol, As far as who has dummy accounts on TSF, only Rodney knows. He can look at the users I.P's.

Also I read a statement that compared 2 printers to one. Me personally and not everyone will think like me but If the print quality is better with one printer than the other two than I would choose the one printer over 2 printers with less quality any day, Unless everything with the one printer was so expensive I wouldn't be able to profit selling t shirts.

Not saying who's print quality etc is better because I personally don't know. I have not seen either printers capabilities in person. I would only imagine that since Epson made the f2000 specifically for DTG and have their own specialized inks for it, that their print quality and build quality will be very hard to compare to when the spectra is using it's parts from one of its desktop printers, but so are majority of the other DTG's not saying that they don't do their job and make you money. My anajet has been making me money. That is why I am still very interested in the spectra but still very interested in the Epson also.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to tchandler52 For This Useful Post:
allamerican (November 25th, 2014)
Old November 25th, 2014 Nov 25, 2014 7:52:51 AM -   #42 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
[

LOL I just noticed these post and I just got off the phone with you a couple of hours ago Anthony. As you've noticed I was posting in the other threads about my printer going through its issues with the main board and print head. I haven't had time to look at the debates here.

As I have mentioned during our conversation, I am very much considering the spectra also.

Things I have noticed about the spectra from these videos. It seems to print fast. I am looking for a fast printer. Another thing is I will be able to continue using dupont ink. That is a major factor because I need competitive prices for my shirts. Now print quality this is a big factor.

As we talked about on the phone. I told you that using speed mode on the anajet also prints very fast, but I get Streaks when using it making that mode useless. I asked you does that happen with the spectra, You said that the spectra also has that same issue currently but you are about a week away from correcting it.

lol, As far as who has dummy accounts on TSF, only Rodney knows. He can look at the users I.P's.

Also I read a statement that compared 2 printers to one. Me personally and not everyone will think like me but If the print quality is better with one printer than the other two than I would choose the one printer over 2 printers with less quality any day, Unless everything with the one printer was so expensive I wouldn't be able to profit selling t shirts.

Not saying who's print quality etc is better because I personally don't know. I have not seen either printers capabilities in person. I would only imagine that since Epson made the f2000 specifically for DTG and have their own specialized inks for it, that their print quality and build quality will be very hard to compare to when the spectra is using it's parts from one of its desktop printers, but so are majority of the other DTG's not saying that they don't do their job and make you money. My anajet has been making me money. That is why I am still very interested in the spectra but still very interested in the Epson also.
(tchandler52) I think you misunderstood our conversation, print quality is excellent in speed mode "720" resolution but we do have specific rip settings we recommend for the spectra. You can see the print quality easily in the videos that were run in 720 which is excellent." If you come to NJ or Cali and demo the unit you will see the printer speaks for itself. After talking to you though I don't think your interest is in our machine think would be better fit with the Epson.

(Marc101) Spectra is continually working on production improvements. It is not affected/limited as you suggest financially, it is affected by skilled labor in the assembly process (which is the commodity of dtg machines) . We wish we could pull skilled techs off the street that know everything from electronics to the rip software,but this is impossible without extensive training on the system and dtg machines in general. Every machine is unique to the manufacturer. We added production upgrades to the process both electronically and logistically that where just completed this week, which will increase production further starting after the holidays. Like everyone has stated there's a machine for everyone's business model and I wish you great success no matter your choice. The Epson F2000 is a great machine choice and everyone at spectra will tell you the same. I do agree with the majority of your statement though!

Old November 25th, 2014 Nov 25, 2014 8:49:28 AM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
(tchandler52) I think you misunderstood our conversation, print quality is excellent in speed mode "720" resolution but we do have specific rip settings we recommend for the spectra. You can see the print quality easily in the videos that were run in 720 which is excellent." If you come to NJ or Cali and demo the unit you will see the printer speaks for itself. After talking to you though I don't think your interest is in our machine think would be better fit with the Epson.

(Marc101) Spectra is continually working on production improvements. It is not affected/limited as you suggest financially, it is affected by skilled labor in the assembly process (which is the commodity of dtg machines) . We wish we could pull skilled techs off the street that know everything from electronics to the rip software,but this is impossible without extensive training on the system and dtg machines in general. Every machine is unique to the manufacturer. We added production upgrades to the process both electronically and logistically that where just completed this week, which will increase production further starting after the holidays. Like everyone has stated there's a machine for everyone's business model and I wish you great success no matter your choice. The Epson F2000 is a great machine choice and everyone at spectra will tell you the same. I do agree with the majority of your statement though!
I did not mean to say or imply Spectra was limited financially, so I am sorry if I did. I actually like the buzz around the Spectra, and the people running it. I would also strongly consider getting one, again they seem really interesting, and I will be following along closely like many others to see where it gos.
I just think if they get the 6 week wait under control however they can, it will go a long long way for a certain market of buyers, but I understand this is how they work right now, and there is training involved anyway to avoid problems in the future, so I doubt they would want to just start sending printers out to random buyers anyway.

I follow along with everything DTG, so this is not bandwaggon riding lol and DTG gets more exciting and better all the time

Old November 25th, 2014 Nov 25, 2014 10:36:51 AM -   #44 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc101
I did not mean to say or imply Spectra was limited financially, so I am sorry if I did. I actually like the buzz around the Spectra, and the people running it. I would also strongly consider getting one, again they seem really interesting, and I will be following along closely like many others to see where it gos.
I just think if they get the 6 week wait under control however they can, it will go a long long way for a certain market of buyers, but I understand this is how they work right now, and there is training involved anyway to avoid problems in the future, so I doubt they would want to just start sending printers out to random buyers anyway.

I follow along with everything DTG, so this is not bandwaggon riding lol and DTG gets more exciting and better all the time
Lol I know and understood completely buddy and no worries. In January we will be kicking it into high gear. I do recommend Belquette too. You are absolutely correct on it all buddy. Couldn't have agreed with someone so much..... and if I didn't no biggie, we all have our own opinions!

BQMatt (November 25th, 2014)
Old November 26th, 2014 Nov 26, 2014 4:22:33 AM -   #45 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Like others visiting this topic, I am considering purchasing either an F2000 or Spectra. They both seem to have their pros and cons and the biggest difference is the price and support of each machine. The cost of 2 Spectras for the price of 1 F2000 and cheaper ink for the Spectra against support is a conundrum - especially in the UK.

I would be interested to know if there is a figure for waste garments tolerance for each machine. For example, if I print 100 t-shirts, what is the number of garments that will likely be wasted due to machine error? Personally, I don't mind paying more for a machine if its garment and ink wastage is low. What I have found in garment decoration is that without any 'real' support then you take a massive risk. Is there any support/resellers for the Spectra in the UK?

An interesting point on Epson's website video gallery is the story of 'tshirts & sons' using the F2000. However, when I visit 'tshirts & sons' website their DTG section states that they use 4 Kornit DTGs!

This is a discussion about Epson F2000 or Spectra 3000 users??? that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in