Epson F2000 or Spectra 3000 users??? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson F2000 or Spectra 3000 users???

Like Tree47Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 9th, 2014 Oct 9, 2014 11:36:35 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson F2000 or Spectra 3000 users???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale
What are the expected ink costs for cleaning and maintenance on the Spectra? How long can you leave it without the white ink plugging up? We have a small shop and will not run a DTG everyday.

The Epson F2000 requires a white ink tube flush every month at a cost of about $125. If you leave it off for 2 to 3 days at a time, does that have any effect on how often you have to do the white ink tube flush?

Hale
Hogwild Imprints
You can leave the Spectra sitting for a few days without maintenance and have tested this out but with any DTG we don't recommend doing this. You can set the printer to do auto head cleanings more frequent intervals if you are not running it but you would also need to clean out your wiper and capping station at least once out of those 3 days...

Cost depends on the frequency of the head cleans based on the cost of ink .. contact me for specifics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2014 Oct 10, 2014 6:49:41 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Hale
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

We shut down between Christmas and New Years. Looks like the Epson would probably be okay for 10 days, but the Spectra would need to have the white ink removed.

Old October 10th, 2014 Oct 10, 2014 9:05:39 AM -   #18 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
We shut down between Christmas and New Years. Looks like the Epson would probably be okay for 10 days, but the Spectra would need to have the white ink removed.
I really don't recommend cmyk sitting for long on our Spectra and the ink that is in the lines to head isn't much so you can probably use flushing or cleaning solution in the lines. I think its about $15 in ink that's in the lines (I've been estimating) so its not much to get it back.

Old October 25th, 2014 Oct 25, 2014 7:37:57 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that the Spectra website has nothing in the About Us tab?

The DTG market is all about manufacturer support and even if i can buy 2 of them for the price of 1 Brother or Epson that's a large amount of money to lose. Trust is everything.

The Following User Says Thank You to ericdata For This Useful Post:
tchandler52 (October 25th, 2014)
Old October 25th, 2014 Oct 25, 2014 9:35:17 AM -   #20 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdata
Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that the Spectra website has nothing in the About Us tab?

The DTG market is all about manufacturer support and even if i can buy 2 of them for the price of 1 Brother or Epson that's a large amount of money to lose. Trust is everything.
Spectra has been focusing on the product, we will be updating the website. We held off on the site update because we will be adding additional accessory product line and we will revamp every thing at once. Read the spectra reviews on the forum and this should ease any concerns with the website short comings, the product and customer service is spectra,s main focus. Your always welcome to come in person to demo the machine hands on at either the east or west coast location. Here's is one of many customer reviews.

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/direct-...ml#post2487218

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/direct-...ml#post2205818

and don't worry you can find any info on the west coasts branch's site. We're always available. People have the trust of the Young Gun! I am making both sites as we speak.

Last edited by Rodney; November 25th, 2014 at 08:47 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to DTGPRINTERPARTS For This Useful Post:
allamerican (October 27th, 2014)
Old November 2nd, 2014 Nov 2, 2014 4:59:30 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
What are the expected ink costs for cleaning and maintenance on the Spectra? How long can you leave it without the white ink plugging up? We have a small shop and will not run a DTG everyday.

The Epson F2000 requires a white ink tube flush every month at a cost of about $125. If you leave it off for 2 to 3 days at a time, does that have any effect on how often you have to do the white ink tube flush?

Hale
Hogwild Imprints
i have one of these machines as long as you clean it and jay has a very good way to make it not clog up call the guys at spectra tell jay TIMAL hi he very good at what he does or call ANTHONY these guys will help you in any way possible .

The Following User Says Thank You to timal For This Useful Post:
DTGPRINTERPARTS (November 2nd, 2014)
Old November 2nd, 2014 Nov 2, 2014 1:29:07 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Nader

I have two brother 361's and my friend just bought a spectra 3000 which he may bring to my shop to work it. It should be here in 4 to 6 weeks so I am very curious to see what all the hype is about. I have to agree with Peter that you cannot put the Spectra in the same class as the F2000 or the Brother but that does not mean it's not a great machine. I will let you know how it compares to the brother once I see it work for a few weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using T-Shirt Forums

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TUANISAPPAREL For This Useful Post:
DTGPRINTERPARTS (November 2nd, 2014), tchandler52 (November 2nd, 2014)
Old November 2nd, 2014 Nov 2, 2014 1:31:34 PM -   #23 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUANISAPPAREL
I have two brother 361's and my friend just bought a spectra 3000 which he may bring to my shop to work it. It should be here in 4 to 6 weeks so I am very curious to see what all the hype is about. I have to agree with Peter that you cannot put the Spectra in the same class as the F2000 or the Brother but that does not mean it's not a great machine. I will let you know how it compares to the brother once I see it work for a few weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using T-Shirt Forums
Thanks man and nobody out here is saying that. None of us at Spectra said anything like that. The Epson is in its own league and it was made well.
allamerican likes this.

Old November 2nd, 2014 Nov 2, 2014 3:38:37 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

i am a square peg in a round hole but spectra would be out of their minds to say anything bad about epson after all spectra is base on epson but i own one of the spectra machines i saw it print and it was just great fast and the support was there for the printer and everyone was helpful and where i am from service counts just too bad that epson joined the market and they are pricey and guys like jay can put together a printer that won't break your pocket and still get the job done and when i first checkout the printer they did not tell me that the printer was better than the epson jay just told me that he design the printer from epson base and it worked great so i got a flight from south america to see for my self and i bought .

DTGPRINTERPARTS (November 2nd, 2014)
Old November 3rd, 2014 Nov 3, 2014 6:05:18 AM -   #25 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,032 Times in 3,228 Posts

Off topic posts have been moved out of this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
DTGPRINTERPARTS (November 3rd, 2014)
Old November 3rd, 2014 Nov 3, 2014 6:07:00 AM -   #26 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
Off topic posts have been moved out of this thread.
Thanks Rodney this was a circus or should I say jungle

Old November 3rd, 2014 Nov 3, 2014 6:39:01 AM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

wonderful i don't have to see that anymore

DTGPRINTERPARTS (November 3rd, 2014)
Old November 4th, 2014 Nov 4, 2014 4:04:59 PM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Me personally I think It should of been left up. As a potential customer I would like to know facts, history etc. Not the edited version. If there was no slandering why remove ? I always see post going against certain companies removed unless ANAJET lol yall let people dog them out. This post is trying to compare the spectra to the Epson and was not removed ? Is it really comparable ? If so why not give the spectra their own thread. Also alot of these users seem fake lol ? I have nothing against spectra printer at all and it is among one of the printers that I would have liked to see in action this weekend coming in Charlotte.

Old November 4th, 2014 Nov 4, 2014 4:21:17 PM -   #29 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchandler52
Me personally I think It should of been left up. As a potential customer I would like to know facts, history etc. Not the edited version. If there was no slandering why remove ? I always see post going against certain companies removed unless ANAJET lol yall let people dog them out. This post is trying to compare the spectra to the Epson and was not removed ? Is it really comparable ? If so why not give the spectra their own thread. Also alot of these users seem fake lol ? I have nothing against spectra printer at all and it is among one of the printers that I would have liked to see in action this weekend coming in Charlotte.
Usually when things get taken off its because someone hits the "Report Bad Post" button.

Nobody was offended by anything though out here. We will take any competition head on if we can call it that.

We should though keep the thread about what it is though just for people to compare the printers. They are 2 different printers though.

Do you mean users are fake on the forums or Spectra users? (don't worry I won't get offended if you think so lol)

We won't be at Charlotte this year unfortunately.

Last edited by DTGPRINTERPARTS; November 4th, 2014 at 05:07 PM..

Old November 4th, 2014 Nov 4, 2014 8:27:19 PM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yes I understand about the bad post button and the admin is always deleting post that go against the spectra lol. It is information I would like to know before purchasing an EXPENSIVE ITEM. Everytime UFO PRINTER comes up the post is deleted lol. But to stay on topic since you have and sell Spectra can you tell me printer comparison of the two printers ? Is the Spectra faster than the Epson ? Print quality compared to epson ? Maybe some features that the Epson does not have ? I know i read that spectra has a pressurized ink system. Any other cool features ?

This is a discussion about Epson F2000 or Spectra 3000 users??? that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in