F2000 or Spectra 3000 ??? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

F2000 or Spectra 3000 ???

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 24th, 2014 Jul 24, 2014 5:16:14 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Default Re: F2000 or Spectra 3000 ???

Actually I have small role in the machine. there are others involved- transport person, conversion person/s, electronic engineer and jay (owner of Spectra) print engine and electronic engineer are the main components

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2014 Jul 24, 2014 5:36:28 PM -   #17 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Brian
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I'd go with 2 or 3 Spectras over an F2000, personally.

The cost for Epson ink is prohibitive in *my* market, which competes with a lot of online shops as well as local shops. If I was in a mall or in a heavy traffic area, the lower maintenance of the Epson would be important to me. But I have a lot of available space and I'd take the Spectra in a heart beat. It's fast, too.

Note: I'm a Neoflex owner and recommend it highly because of the *support* of All American, but for someone choosing between these two, Spectra for sure.

Old August 27th, 2014 Aug 27, 2014 11:12:00 PM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Greg
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

After extended research and many phone calls to sale reps and tech support, We decided to buy the F2000. We actually pulled the trigger on July 29th just before the mail in rebate and free ink would end on July 31th.

The printer shipped August 13th from Epson in Canada and arrived on the next day with fedex ground. If you buy this printer make sure you measure your doorways the printer is pretty big it barely fit to our 34" door. We had to pick it up 4 guys and tilt it side way to make it fit thru the door.

We been printing for 10 days now. Prints counts as of Today is 695 that includes the nozzle check we make every morning.

As of today there is 0 issues prints very fast on light t-shirt when set to high speed mode. On dark it take a little longer depending on how many pass of white you make.

1 little think that is pretty annoying ( maybe there is a way around this ) is that the printer will make an auto cleaning every 24 prints you make. I guess is to keep the nozzle and head clean. The problem is that this waist ink for nothing especially if you are printing white t-shirt with only CMYK there is no need for the white channel to clean, but the printer will automatically clean all color every 24 prints even if 1 color is never used. If anyone has a way around this please let me know. it would be much appreciate.

There is also the "on power up" cleaning that the printer does every time you turn on the printer fortunately that one can be turned off to save on ink if the nozzle check comes out OK.

If you like to see what the printer prints just follow us on facebook we post almost everyday new prints. You can find us by searching etshirt.

We are very happy with our purchase, very easy to use maintenance free "almost" (just shake the white ink once a day ), Very good investement for someone like us that don't have the time to baby the printer every day for 30 mins to 1 hour.

You basically turn on the printer in the morning print all day and shut off at night start the next morning. If you want a trouble free printer this is the one to buy.

Also as a side note we just figure out that even if you have the best printer out there with the best ink if your artwork is not made a certain way it wouldn't print nice. The setting we use when we make and artwork are

Illustrator makes the best quality prints. We make the vector file and then we save as a png 24 in 360dpi

Photoshop works good also but you need to make sure when you start a new file it is set to 360dpi.

Images from Google: if you take any images they will be 72dpi you can use these but you need to make sure that the file is at least 1440px wide or tall.

These are the setting we use at the moment and they seam to work very well

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etshirt For This Useful Post:
ASID Clothing (August 30th, 2014), scuba_steve2699 (August 28th, 2014)

Old August 28th, 2014 Aug 28, 2014 1:36:41 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Little of topic but I'm curios, why 360 DPI and not 300 (suposed standard) ?

Old August 28th, 2014 Aug 28, 2014 4:55:58 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalzstein
Little of topic but I'm curios, why 360 DPI and not 300 (suposed standard) ?
yeah why, whiterip also suggests 360 dpi. did we miss something?

Old August 28th, 2014 Aug 28, 2014 4:58:15 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Steven
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

i would suspect that using 360 ppi output would be to match the 360 dpi of the printhead.

The Following User Says Thank You to scuba_steve2699 For This Useful Post:
JeridHill (August 28th, 2014)
Old August 28th, 2014 Aug 28, 2014 5:28:21 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Greg

the 360dpi is because it prints 1440 or 720

Old August 28th, 2014 Aug 28, 2014 7:39:44 AM -   #23 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba_steve2699
i would suspect that using 360 ppi output would be to match the 360 dpi of the printhead.
This is my understanding of why EPSON prefers 360dpi for the graphic. There are 360 nozzles in a linear inch, so matching it should give you a quality print.

Old August 28th, 2014 Aug 28, 2014 7:42:46 AM -   #24 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

360dpi reduces moire pattern risk somewhat. I tested this on Epson desktops a few years ago, and assuming the printhead isn't all that different over the years, should still be the case.

The file size difference for 360dpi versus 300dpi is significant -- almost 45% larger, I believe.

Old August 28th, 2014 Aug 28, 2014 7:49:27 AM -   #25 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etshirt
If you like to see what the printer prints just follow us on facebook we post almost everyday new prints. You can find us by searching etshirt.
Those just look like graphically edited tshirts on your facebook page, where are the pics of the actual prints from the F2000??

Old August 28th, 2014 Aug 28, 2014 8:02:57 AM -   #26 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar2001ca
Those just look like graphically edited tshirts on your facebook page, where are the pics of the actual prints from the F2000??
I think their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/etshi...31037866956867 but can't confirm.

Old August 28th, 2014 Aug 28, 2014 8:12:15 AM -   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefox2118
I think their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/etshi...31037866956867 but can't confirm.
that's better! the other one just had graphics on shirts...not actually printed ones. Thanks TF!

Old August 30th, 2014 Aug 30, 2014 1:50:30 PM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by etshirt
After extended research and many phone calls to sale reps and tech support, We decided to buy the F2000. We actually pulled the trigger on July 29th just before the mail in rebate and free ink would end on July 31th.

The printer shipped August 13th from Epson in Canada and arrived on the next day with fedex ground. If you buy this printer make sure you measure your doorways the printer is pretty big it barely fit to our 34" door. We had to pick it up 4 guys and tilt it side way to make it fit thru the door.

We been printing for 10 days now. Prints counts as of Today is 695 that includes the nozzle check we make every morning.

As of today there is 0 issues prints very fast on light t-shirt when set to high speed mode. On dark it take a little longer depending on how many pass of white you make.

1 little think that is pretty annoying ( maybe there is a way around this ) is that the printer will make an auto cleaning every 24 prints you make. I guess is to keep the nozzle and head clean. The problem is that this waist ink for nothing especially if you are printing white t-shirt with only CMYK there is no need for the white channel to clean, but the printer will automatically clean all color every 24 prints even if 1 color is never used. If anyone has a way around this please let me know. it would be much appreciate.

There is also the "on power up" cleaning that the printer does every time you turn on the printer fortunately that one can be turned off to save on ink if the nozzle check comes out OK.

We are very happy with our purchase, very easy to use maintenance free "almost" (just shake the white ink once a day ), Very good investement for someone like us that don't have the time to baby the printer every day for 30 mins to 1 hour.

You basically turn on the printer in the morning print all day and shut off at night start the next morning. If you want a trouble free printer this is the one to buy.

Also as a side note we just figure out that even if you have the best printer out there with the best ink if your artwork is not made a certain way it wouldn't print nice. The setting we use when we make and artwork are

Illustrator makes the best quality prints. We make the vector file and then we save as a png 24 in 360dpi

Photoshop works good also but you need to make sure when you start a new file it is set to 360dpi.

Images from Google: if you take any images they will be 72dpi you can use these but you need to make sure that the file is at least 1440px wide or tall.

These are the setting we use at the moment and they seam to work very well
Glad you have decided to make the epson purchase! I am an epson owner myself.

I have seen that you said there is a problem with the machine doing an auto clean every 24 prints. Do you have power head cleaning setting set to off?

Also, is your environment consistent? As in temperature etc? Your machine should not do a cleaning every 24 prints.

I myself have printed 40 prints 50 prints etc without an auto cleaning. I used to have a problem with auto cleaning if temperature gets high in the room (summer time). But besides this, I do not experience auto head cleanings every 24 prints. I just feel something has to be up to be honest for it to do this. That is wasting both ink and time.

Hope this helps!

Old September 16th, 2014 Sep 16, 2014 3:21:13 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

i don't understand this one guy goes into business for himself and the world ends why are you all bashing the spectra machine and confusing everyone that want one all i see is recommended is the epson f2000 why not neo flex ,fast jet, and alot of other dtg printers that were there before this machine came into the market all of these printers are not made for dtg other than brother and epson the rest of them are modified to work with dtg inks come on you dealers keep your problems to yourself and let the customers have good review of all the machines the spectra is cheap and people are taking a second look at it and that makes every one nervous and when you look up all the other printers on here you will see that none of them are trouble free come on guys just honest reviews not who was working for whom and what machine is an older version and business might close down in six months equipment zone machines have a lot of problems and they are still selling them they have iron out problems and their machines are working anyone who want to buy these machines should find out about the after sales and if you can get parts for the printers .

Old September 16th, 2014 Sep 16, 2014 12:52:01 PM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by timal
i don't understand this one guy goes into business for himself and the world ends why are you all bashing the spectra machine and confusing everyone that want one all i see is recommended is the epson f2000 why not neo flex ,fast jet, and alot of other dtg printers that were there before this machine came into the market all of these printers are not made for dtg other than brother and epson the rest of them are modified to work with dtg inks come on you dealers keep your problems to yourself and let the customers have good review of all the machines the spectra is cheap and people are taking a second look at it and that makes every one nervous and when you look up all the other printers on here you will see that none of them are trouble free come on guys just honest reviews not who was working for whom and what machine is an older version and business might close down in six months equipment zone machines have a lot of problems and they are still selling them they have iron out problems and their machines are working anyone who want to buy these machines should find out about the after sales and if you can get parts for the printers .
I just ordered the Spectra although I did consider the F2000 it seems amazing, but since I'm just starting out in DTG and have screen printing, embroidery experience also having some mechanical abilities the Spectra has a lower risk dollar wise. I could buy 2 Spectra's, a pretreater and have a lower ink cost.

This is a discussion about F2000 or Spectra 3000 ??? that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in