2014 material types printed on - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

2014 material types printed on

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 2nd, 2014 Jun 2, 2014 10:30:13 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default 2014 material types printed on

What material type is commercially printed on in the 2014 T-shirt industry i.e. 50% cotton, 25% nylon, 25% polyester.

It would be good to see research information along with personal experience information.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2014 Jun 2, 2014 10:43:38 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: 2014 material types printed on

James, if you are speaking of the t-shirt industry in general, all of the above! If you are speaking of direct to garment only, then 100% cotton is always preferred, but the Epson SureColor F2000 does print on 50/50 and tri-blends using white ink. You can print on 100% polyester with a pretreatment, although it is not compatible with white ink.

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
NZACO (June 2nd, 2014)
Old June 2nd, 2014 Jun 2, 2014 3:48:33 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

James,
Poly 100%(50/50 is piece of cake) light is already arrived and doing very well on wash and touch. This is matter of Pretreat not Ink (Epson, Brother of DuPont 3000 or 5000 series).
Most famouse now is IA pretreat. ULTRA. Worth to try it.
Nylon? There are so many different kinds. Not sure until try it.
I witnessed umbrella printed. Huh!!!!
Dark poly 100% is on the way to us. I also witnessed to see working real good. NDA was signed so I cannot reveal yet. Stay tune. Will distribute by selected distributors.(they said)
DTG revolution is getting closer and closer.
Faster, Cheaper and more items to print.
Whew~ hard to keep if up.
Cheers! Pretreats are on me always.

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
NZACO (June 2nd, 2014)

Old June 2nd, 2014 Jun 2, 2014 9:20:30 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Hai

Hey Jerid,

Which triblend fabrics have you printed on and did it look good & wash well?

Peter,
From what I've seen IA light pretreat will work with Epson on 100% polyester right? What did you mean by Dark Poly is on its way to us?

I have also tried to print on 94% cotton and 6% Spandex. Overall quality and washability was okay. I think i could have used a bit more pretreatment and it would have came out better.

Thanks

Old June 7th, 2014 Jun 7, 2014 10:59:09 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Question Re: 2014 material types printed on

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
James,
Poly 100%(50/50 is piece of cake) light is already arrived and doing very well on wash and touch. This is matter of Pretreat not Ink (Epson, Brother of DuPont 3000 or 5000 series).
Most famouse now is IA pretreat. ULTRA. Worth to try it.
Nylon? There are so many different kinds. Not sure until try it.
I witnessed umbrella printed. Huh!!!!
Dark poly 100% is on the way to us. I also witnessed to see working real good. NDA was signed so I cannot reveal yet. Stay tune. Will distribute by selected distributors.(they said)
Faster, Cheaper and more items to print.
Whew~ hard to keep if up.
Cheers! Pretreats are on me always.
Peter as always your comments are interesting and for the week I have sat and thought about this part of your response:

"Dark poly 100% is on the way to us. I also witnessed to see working real good. NDA was signed so I cannot reveal yet. Stay tune. Will distribute by selected distributors.(they said)
Faster, Cheaper and more items to print."

I like to keep track of changes in DTG and know about the dark poly not been a problem and printing white ink without pretreat is soon here but I can't think what the "revolution"will be?

Please, please pass me more of your insider knowledge of what are the main points of the DTG revolution and what firms are going to drive the progress.

p.s. I am not taking the mickey but am genuinely interested

This is a discussion about 2014 material types printed on that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in