My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal

Like Tree24Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 14th, 2014 Apr 14, 2014 9:59:34 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal

Today we received our machine. I will post all my updates here as to how the machine is working in the daily grind.

MassThreads.com is a small to medium size screen printing, embroidery, vinyl and DTG business located in Webster, MA

We bought our Epson printer from Equipment Zone because we wanted the same support from a company that was providing both our DTG machine and Pretreater. We have been using the Pretreater they make and all has been good, no problems. Let's see how the printer does.

Here's a quick vid of us unloading the beast today. Stoked!

http://youtu.be/w08ADre80nY

Last edited by Rodney; April 17th, 2014 at 09:35 AM..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JCS2013 For This Useful Post:
allamerican (April 14th, 2014), MauiCustomTshirt (April 14th, 2014), Printzilla (April 14th, 2014), Rodney (April 17th, 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 14th, 2014 Apr 14, 2014 11:50:36 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,068 Times in 915 Posts

Default Re: My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS2013
Today we received our machine. I will post all my updates here as to how the machine is working in the daily grind.

Http://MassThreads.com is a small to medium size screen printing, embroidery, vinyl and DTG business located in Webster, MA

We bought our Epson printer from Equipment Zone because we wanted the same support from a company that was providing both our DTG machine and Pretreater. We have been using the Pretreater they make and all has been good, no problems. Let's see how the printer does.

EPSON Surecolor F2000 - How To Receive - YouTube

All good. Our tech is scheduled to be up there Wednesday and get everything going for you.

_
allamerican likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to equipmentzone For This Useful Post:
allamerican (April 14th, 2014), JCS2013 (April 14th, 2014)
Old April 14th, 2014 Apr 14, 2014 1:19:16 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Billy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

Http://MassThreads.com is a small to medium size screen printing, embroidery, vinyl and DTG business located in Webster, MA

http://youtu.be/w08ADre80nY
Haha! Nice video editing. Best of luck to you with your new Epson. Your in good hands with EZ.

The Following User Says Thank You to lazographics For This Useful Post:
JCS2013 (April 14th, 2014)

Old April 14th, 2014 Apr 14, 2014 1:46:30 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: jgabby
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Your journal is a great idea, good luck with your new toy !

The Following User Says Thank You to jgabby For This Useful Post:
Old April 14th, 2014 Apr 14, 2014 4:54:51 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Lisa-marie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

What a great idea! Love the journal notion, wish I had done that when we purchased our Anajet! Best of luck!
printerpat likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa-marie For This Useful Post:
Old April 14th, 2014 Apr 14, 2014 9:29:24 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Well, I finally had a chance to take a look at the packing list on my printer. I was shipped a "DEMO UNIT".

Do any of you dealers know the difference between model SCF2000WE vs. SCF2000DEMO ?

I don't want to jump to conclusions. Stay tuned.

Old April 15th, 2014 Apr 15, 2014 2:07:08 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Well, I finally had a chance to take a look at the packing list on my printer. I was shipped a "DEMO UNIT".

Do any of you dealers know the difference between model SCF2000WE vs. SCF2000DEMO ?

I don't want to jump to conclusions. Stay tuned.
Stay awake until 2AM? Lol. It must be really bothered you.
I am 99% sure Equipmentzone told you yours is Demo unit or written on invoice says "Demo". Has to be a Miscommunication.
They are same machine. Nothing different.
Epson Demo Rule.
Demo unit should not sell right away. Wait or demoing(shows) 4-6 months and usually sold at lower price(Epson allow us to do so because we pay less than Stock).
Chance is very slim but if yours was used as demoing and have been used at shows but Equipmentzone did not tell you about this. You have all the right to receive compensation IMO.
If it is new but it is Demo. Equipmentzone violated Epson Guide line and maybe charged you unfair price(?).
What's the Ser#? (On outside of box)
Check box. Fresh box or re sealed Taped back? Inside vinyl new?
You can tell easily used or new.
Best luck!
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

Last edited by allamerican; April 15th, 2014 at 01:59 PM..

Old April 16th, 2014 Apr 16, 2014 7:54:56 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

http://massthreads.com

Epson is out of printers, so the Epson Rep called me to confirm Harry and Equipment Zone worked hard to get me a printer NOW so I didn't have to wait for the next batch. They were able to send me a DEMO unit that was straight from the Epson distribution Hub in Plainfield, IN.

All is well.

Now, I am thankful to EZ for sending out their tech Ray, who has been a great person to have in our shop. He has set up our printer and gotten us up and running within just a couple hours.

My Initial Review:
THIS PRINTER IS AMAZING. It's without question the most beautiful and quietest machine I've personally viewed. I love its simplicity. I also really like the Garment Creator A LOT! Super simple and easy to use. I used Cadlink and never liked it and I like this so much more regardless of the RIP capabilities of Cadlink. We'll see if my prints suffer any from not having a "RIP". We ran some samples briefly today. Photos on White tees were great. Ran a couple of customer designs on black tees and was satisfied. I have been slammed here at our shop with screen printing orders, so I didn't get to test too much though, so I will keep you guys updated on things as I use the machine. Bottom Line, so far so good. Daily maintenance is a freaking breeze. I like the platens adjustability and versatility in different size platens. All very cool to look at and easy to use. The user interface/LCD/Buttons are great and super simple to follow as well.

I didn't have any amazing art printed today because of time constraints, but here are some examples of what I tested on the printer.
justin_86 and 23daslgi like this.

Last edited by JCS2013; April 16th, 2014 at 08:16 PM..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JCS2013 For This Useful Post:
lazographics (April 16th, 2014), MauiCustomTshirt (April 16th, 2014), Printzilla (April 16th, 2014)
Old April 16th, 2014 Apr 16, 2014 9:19:41 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Billy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Epson is out of printers, so the Epson Rep called me to confirm Harry and Equipment Zone worked hard to get me a printer NOW so I didn't have to wait for the next batch. They were able to send me a DEMO unit that was straight from the Epson distribution Hub in Plainfield, IN.

All is well.

Now, I am thankful to EZ for sending out their tech Ray, who has been a great person to have in our shop. He has set up our printer and gotten us up and running within just a couple hou
Good to see you got things resolved and are happy. Great samples!

Old April 17th, 2014 Apr 17, 2014 2:13:59 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Epson has no more printers? Already?
Wondering when next batch will arrive.
CadLink vs GC
You lift GC's hand. Can we hear any feed back? Why?
Wasn't there any ink saving?
Speed?
Final touch feeling?
Profiled? Other than Black? If so how many?
White ink layer print photo comparison?

Last edited by allamerican; April 17th, 2014 at 02:25 AM..

Old April 17th, 2014 Apr 17, 2014 3:45:37 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
Epson has no more printers? Already?
Wondering when next batch will arrive.
CadLink vs GC
You lift GC's hand. Can we hear any feed back? Why?
Wasn't there any ink saving?
Speed?
Final touch feeling?
Profiled? Other than Black? If so how many?
White ink layer print photo comparison?
Custom T Shirt Printing Worcester Webster 01570 Auburn Putnam Custom T Shirt Tees tshirts shirts Printing, Embroidery, Apparel Screen Printing, Silkscreen, Direct To Garment Printing DTG

Full Disclosure: I should say that I only used Cadlink for the VelociJet XL over the last couple months. There were a bunch of options and things that could be used to tweak the way the graphic was printed. However, within a very short time yesterday using the Garment Creator I found that it was extremely fast, simple, and BEAUTIFUL. From a pure newbie user perspective(non technical) I found myself manuervering around Garment Creator with ease and enjoyment. Now does that mean my opinion holds a ton of weight when it comes to the technical capabilities? Probably not. Just because Garment Creator looks and feels like a new BMW vs the look and feel of Cadlink(a clunky 1997 Lincoln Town Car) doesn't mean its better. BUT IT SURE FEELS LIKE IT.

I will say this, I never even tried to learn Cadlink's complete capabilities cause it seemed daunting. In a day now by myself I have completely dialed in Garment Creator to perform as I see fit. Also the ability to pick and choose what colors to print manually or change the colors you see to print different color is super helpful. Knocking out colors you don't wish to print is a breeze. Being able to save your jobs and the layout of the shirt and all specs for future use is another great feature.

CLOUD 9 is how I feel about it. I haven't ruined any shirts yet. Not the case with my last setup.

Answers:

The Epson F2000 I have has not laid down a super OPAQUE white yet. I still need to play with the settings. It looks good, just not perfect. The VelociJet I had before was super opaque. I also think I may have not been using enough pretreat the last couple of days, but I will say I know its still not as opaque based on the same settings I had for the VelociJet XL.

No comparison photos, but I will take some photos of just the white layer on a job I do sometime soon.

Final Touch is just as good as I had before. I do notice when I use more pretreat the feeling of the print is a tad, tad more rough feeling than the smaller amount of pretreat. This obviously only pertains to prints with white underbase. White shirts are completely no hand feel. Regardless, extremely acceptable either way.

Speed is great compared to what I am used to. Press blue button and go. I would say my dark shirts with underbase are usually done before my last shirt is being cured, so less than 3 minutes. I'll confirm next job.

Minor Annoyances: The startup of the machine and the circulation of the white ink takes a few minutes before you can do anything. However, I haven't had to do a head cleaning at all. I always had to do a head cleaning each day with the VelociJet, so maybe its a wash on time, but it feels longer.

Overall quality in print with this printer vs. the Velocijet? Well, I cannot say that I ever printed actual pictures on the Velocijet, but the clipart prints are about the same between the two. The one picture I printed using the F2000 was excellent.

Best Parts so far: I love how simple the LCD interface is on the Epson F2000. I love how clean and beautiful the printer is. I love how easy it is to adjust the height on the platen. I love how easy it is to switch platen sizes. I love how extremely easy it is to take care of this machine and the daily maintence it requires. I love how quiet it is, and I love how durable the machine seems to be. Did I mention how beautiful it is?

Lastly, I literally hugged my machine last night. It was weird, but I think we bonded.

The Following User Says Thank You to JCS2013 For This Useful Post:
allamerican (April 18th, 2014)
Old April 18th, 2014 Apr 18, 2014 3:22:39 AM -   #12 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

To get a bright white you would need to do a level 3 white with your white ink density at about 20%. If your shirt was a high quality ring spun and your pretreating was good, you would need to increase your white to 100% ink density and print at a level 2 white.

A level 3 white is two passes of white but would be equivalent to a 1440x1440 single pass white with a RIP.

After you choose all the settings, you can save them as preset.
JCS2013 likes this.

Old April 18th, 2014 Apr 18, 2014 3:22:57 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Great and Thank You.
You should be a Writer than Printer, lol.
RIP should be easy to use as GC.
RIP's one of main purposes are make a life easier and save INKs.
I am sure there will be another reports will come up soon.
AA could not send out any RIPs because FEX lost package. Lol.
All AAEpsonFamily(8) are screaming on my ear every day.
Cheers! Now time to make MONEY! Serious ONE.

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
JCS2013 (April 18th, 2014)
Old April 18th, 2014 Apr 18, 2014 8:16:28 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Today I attempted installing my sleeve platen and all went well until Garment Creator didnt "see" the platen. I have the ability to choose 16x20, 14x16 or 10x12(I think), but not the sleeve platen.

I guess I need to call down to EZ Monday.

Quick note: The height ring must be manually removed and about 5 screws must be un-installed which is easy, yet a little tedious if you're in a rush just to do a sleeve. Either way, not too big of a deal considering you get to DTG a sleeve, another badass feature.

Jerid, I will play with the settings, but yes, I am pretreating correctly and at different levels just to make sure, so I hope your advice works to get better opaqueness. I hope I won't need a RIP darnit.

Old April 22nd, 2014 Apr 22, 2014 10:44:30 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I talked with Alex @ EZ today. He called to help me figure out why the Garment Creator software wasn't pulling up the sleeve platen. I booted the computer up and opened the program only to find the option now available. Not sure why the option wasn't listed before. Oh well. Thanks anyway Alex!

Note about initial ink usage:
Once the initial ink was used to bleed the tubes and get the printer setup my F2000 did say it was running low on white. However, I have printed at least 30 dark garments with good coverage since then. Alex told me today that I'll know when the printer cannot perform any longer. He also mentioned the printer may tell me there is not enough ink to perform the initial ink circulation at the beginning of the power up , but once the circulation has taken place to put the low ink cartridge back into the system so I can use all the ink possible.

No issues or fires yet. Happy.

This is a discussion about My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in