My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal

Like Tree24Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 5th, 2014 May 5, 2014 3:59:38 PM -   #31 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Royce (not Roy)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,044 Times in 932 Posts

Default Re: My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal

I like Zorrel shirts.....Sad that they deleted so many colours for 2014.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2014 May 5, 2014 5:30:13 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Dave
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

when my printer worked, delta brand was the best and fruit of the loom

Old May 6th, 2014 May 6, 2014 12:04:19 AM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I found the Nano to be a mid range quality (not great but OK), the Gildan Ultra were terrible.

I always tell anyone, start with finding the best quality shirt you can, it makes a big difference and can save you a lot on White ink as well. So even if the shirt is more expensive, the result may be cheaper due to the less white ink required.

In the US the cotton Heritage seemed good, but the best shirts I have ever found were from a company in Denmark (but they are expensive) and have no label other than the size, so no idea where they actually come from. But they are really good.

I did some tests on the F2000 with different black shirts, With CH brand and the Denmark shirts I was able to consistently print black shirts with a 1x 1440x1440 underbase and get really good results.
With a Nano I would need to use 2880x1440 and ink back to around 70-80 % (so using about 50% more ink).
With the Ultra even at 2880x1440 and 100% white (so twice as much) it still looked terrible.

Best regards

-David
allamerican likes this.

Old May 6th, 2014 May 6, 2014 5:02:57 AM -   #34 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Good shirts choice is Not just ink saving Pretreat also. Often PT cost has been ignored.
Worse shirts = more PT.
If there are $0.50 or less different stick with better shirts.
Customer satisfaction,
Less hassle,
Save ink and PT. (Could be greater than shirts price difference)
IMO
Ink and PT. Saving should be most important to Epson choosers. While EPSON is highest ink price on the market. Save and SAVE!
$2/shirts per month is ???? You can pay nice car or rent.
Shirts saving < ink & PT saving. Lots of times. Bigger the image is chance is bigger, lot bigger. It could be couple dollars. If happens how can you compete with others while our profit gets smaller and smaller.
Ink & PT mileage will put you in strong or weak position. Pls keep remind this yourself.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

Last edited by allamerican; May 6th, 2014 at 07:02 AM..

Old May 6th, 2014 May 6, 2014 5:25:42 AM -   #35 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Shirts cost = important, can be up and down.
Ink & PT cost = important, you can make Up and Down yourself. More control in your hand.
Most important is
shirts cost + Ink &PT cost = $$$$ bottom line.
If desert is $20 and must have what good is it main dish is free?
Let's make money in smart way.

Old May 6th, 2014 May 6, 2014 6:46:20 PM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
Good shirts choice is Not just ink saving Pretreat also. Often PT cost has been ignored.
Worse shirts = more PT.
If there are $0.50 or less different stick with better shirts.
Customer satisfaction,
Less hassle,
Save ink and PT. (Could be greater than shirts price difference)
IMO
Ink and PT. Saving should be most important to Epson choosers. While EPSON is highest ink price on the market. Save and SAVE!
$2/shirts per month is ???? You can pay nice car or rent.
Shirts saving < ink & PT saving. Lots of times. Bigger the image is chance is bigger, lot bigger. It could be couple dollars. If happens how can you compete with others while our profit gets smaller and smaller.
Ink & PT mileage will put you in strong or weak position. Pls keep remind this yourself.
Hmmm.... Maybe I need to call into EZ. I'm still not getting great white opaque prints unless I bump the white ink to 2 passes + 100% density.

I am using Anvil 980. Also I use the Speedtreater and I seem to need more PT now that I have the EPSON vs. the Veloci Jet. I think it may have something to do with not using Epson's pretreat. I cannot imagine why else I would not be getting good bright white. I still see quite of bit of the fibers.

Old May 6th, 2014 May 6, 2014 7:06:06 PM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Alex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The 980s do tend to take a lot of pretreatment. Of course just give us a call if you have any questions.

-Alex

Old May 6th, 2014 May 6, 2014 9:23:11 PM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by equipmentzone1
The 980s do tend to take a lot of pretreatment. Of course just give us a call if you have any questions.

-Alex
Thanks Alex, We are just about to launch our brand Black Dog Threads and we expect to receive at least 20 orders a day. We plan using American Apparel 2001's for most of the designs. Can you tell me your experience printing on these types of garments?

Obviously I know AA is great for screen printing and general quality, but I haven't heard too many talk about them for DTG.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to JCS2013 For This Useful Post:
allamerican (May 7th, 2014)
Old May 7th, 2014 May 7, 2014 2:27:32 AM -   #39 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS2013
Obviously I know AA is great for screen printing and general quality, but I haven't heard too many talk about them for DTG.
LOL,
I am sorry. I will talk about Epson more.
I am so busy on NeoFlex DTG forum. My name is NeoFather and I have thousands kids to play with there, So much fun! We call NeoFamily.
First step I recommend is try any RIP out there.
Garment Creator is getting better day by day but still it is not up to Par yet. In my book, safe distance is still there. Especially on saving White ink typically 40% plus minus. Using white ink is our bread and butter.
Comparison with white ink print only. If you have precision(0.1g) scale weight ink include shirts. You will find out 40plus minus depends on design.
I think you are the right person who will awaken some Epson users. I wish your best and success.

Last edited by allamerican; May 7th, 2014 at 03:00 AM..

Old May 7th, 2014 May 7, 2014 2:38:02 AM -   #40 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Here is few pictures to you to see.
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/epson-s...t312857-4.html
I just cannot understand some Epson buyers. Bought most expensive machine on market but do not pay attention much on Return On Investment. Unless it is just a toy.
Sell high is making money.
Produce low also a same profit and dollars.

Old May 7th, 2014 May 7, 2014 2:44:46 AM -   #41 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

My issue on Epson Garment Creator was (yesterday new version was introduced)
Less white ink(possible to archive) does not give crispy final print after CYMK applied. Whole lot white ink make design looks nice. (Better than most out there, not the Top).
1. Choose good shirts to fit you best.
2. Save Pretreat and Inks. Maximize your profit. Just think this way "I am making $2 more than competitors on every print" "I can sell $2 cheaper at same profit as others will have" if I print 30 shirts/day i will make $21,900 more than others" be positive.
Think this way, you went to work and boss said you salary raised $22,000. Lol.
22000/12=$1825. What can you do with this money Monthly?
Dream Car? Dream House? Dream Vacation?
3. Print best image as you can.
4. Smile and count money.
Cheers! Inks are on me always. Enough posts for today. 3 in a roll. Lol.

Last edited by allamerican; May 7th, 2014 at 03:18 AM..

Old May 7th, 2014 May 7, 2014 4:45:37 AM -   #42 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS2013
Thanks Alex, We are just about to launch our brand Black Dog Threads and we expect to receive at least 20 orders a day. We plan using American Apparel 2001's for most of the designs. Can you tell me your experience printing on these types of garments?

American Apparel (AA) 2001's print great. Gerald won the DTG Battle Royale using the AA 2001. The best printing shirts that I have seen so far are Cotton Heritage.

Old May 7th, 2014 May 7, 2014 4:53:24 AM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Alex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal

While I haven't use them personally, I would expect the American Apparel shirts to print well. We use Cotton Heritage to print our samples.

-Alex

Last edited by equipmentzone1; May 7th, 2014 at 06:25 AM..

Old May 7th, 2014 May 7, 2014 7:05:43 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I use AA occasionally as yes the print amazing and are a very good feel comfortable tshirt. Only the cost ($5-$6) makes them a bit unpractical for larger orders. We do mostly promotional stuff and not many 1 off's. It's been somewhat difficult to find a perfect tshirt that's in the middle between quality and cost. I'm thinking a good midweight 8-10oz (Canada) ring spun that's not too expensive would be ideal. Some Hanes/Anvil are ok and cost in the $3.00 range. Bella Canvas arent bad either and in the $3.50-$4.00 range. Done with Gildan and FOL. For what we do I guess Im looking for a $3.00 - $3.50 t-shirt that's as good a a AA (if it exists). Thought it might be the Anvil but as it was pointed out in this thread, they seem to need more pretreat. So many more choices for you Americans, I'm a bit jealous.

Old May 7th, 2014 May 7, 2014 7:25:34 AM -   #45 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Royce (not Roy)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 1,044 Times in 932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford
I use AA occasionally as yes the print amazing and are a very good feel comfortable tshirt. Only the cost ($5-$6) makes them a bit unpractical for larger orders. We do mostly promotional stuff and not many 1 off's. It's been somewhat difficult to find a perfect tshirt that's in the middle between quality and cost. I'm thinking a good midweight 8-10oz (Canada) ring spun that's not too expensive would be ideal. Some Hanes/Anvil are ok and cost in the $3.00 range. Bella Canvas arent bad either and in the $3.50-$4.00 range. Done with Gildan and FOL. For what we do I guess Im looking for a $3.00 - $3.50 t-shirt that's as good a a AA (if it exists). Thought it might be the Anvil but as it was pointed out in this thread, they seem to need more pretreat. So many more choices for you Americans, I'm a bit jealous.
Have you used any of the new FOL HD shirts?....They have both a 8.5 oz and 10.1 oz (Canadian weights)....If you catch them on sale they are about the same as Zorrel or less.....But they nail you on 2XL & up...

This is a discussion about My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in