My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal

Like Tree24Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 22nd, 2014 Apr 22, 2014 10:55:20 AM -   #16 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,068 Times in 915 Posts

Default Re: My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS2013
I talked with Alex @ EZ today. He called to help me figure out why the Garment Creator software wasn't pulling up the sleeve platen. I booted the computer up and opened the program only to find the option now available. Not sure why the option wasn't listed before. Oh well. Thanks anyway Alex!

Note about initial ink usage:
Once the initial ink was used to bleed the tubes and get the printer setup my F2000 did say it was running low on white. However, I have printed at least 30 dark garments with good coverage since then. Alex told me today that I'll know when the printer cannot perform any longer. He also mentioned the printer may tell me there is not enough ink to perform the initial ink circulation at the beginning of the power up , but once the circulation has taken place to put the low ink cartridge back into the system so I can use all the ink possible.

No issues or fires yet. Happy.

Happy is good. Glad our support department was able to help. We have 2 Alex's here - Alex B and Alex O. Both Alex's have gotten to know the Epson software pretty well. Alex B was the one who you spoke to today. Good note on putting the low ink carts back. We want you using up as much of the ink as possible..

_

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2014 May 1, 2014 9:13:01 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I just wrote a very long post, but it got deleted damnit. I'll sum it up./

1) The printer wouldn't clear a 9 shirt job when I asked it to, froze up, and I couldn't get it to turn off without directly unplugging from the back of the machine. Any ideas?

2) I tried printing pink on a white shirt and got red. I did have the color density up high, and I wonder if thats why?

3) I am not getting good white opaque white prints. I am not sure what setting I should really have for the white and I am getting mixed results. I am wondering if that is because I am not using Epson's pretreatment. I am using fast ink pretreatment #1 for darks.

It was a disappointing day. The first I've had.

Old May 2nd, 2014 May 2, 2014 2:34:53 AM -   #18 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS2013
1) The printer wouldn't clear a 9 shirt job when I asked it to, froze up, and I couldn't get it to turn off without directly unplugging from the back of the machine. Any ideas?
What state was it in? What did it say on the front panel? You can also run a printer status report. Take an 8.5"x11" sheet of paper and when facing the printer, place it on the right side of the platen's edge closest to you and set your platen height to P. Go to your menu and choose Printer Status > Print Status Sheet. On the bottom of the page, if there truly was an error, it should give you an error code to the last error.

Quote:
2) I tried printing pink on a white shirt and got red. I did have the color density up high, and I wonder if thats why?
Most likely. When you turn the density up, it's going to lay down more ink, throwing your colors off. If you are trying to achieve colors that are more accurate, I wouldn't increase anything, just print as is. If you are trying to get more vibrancy, then increasing the density works well.

Quote:
3) I am not getting good white opaque white prints. I am not sure what setting I should really have for the white and I am getting mixed results. I am wondering if that is because I am not using Epson's pretreatment. I am using fast ink pretreatment #1 for darks. It could also be in your settings. If you are printing a Level 2 white, increase your white underbase layer to 100. If you are doing a Level 3 white, increase your underbase layer to 30.
This is always a possibility. I've tested the Epson inkset with DuPont inks and I achieved better results with the Epson pretreatment. You may also want to do wash tests. If you are using something else other than Epson's pretreatment, your prints will most likely have different wash results.[/quote]

Quote:
It was a disappointing day. The first I've had.
Sorry to hear, but today is another day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StatusSheet.jpg (436.6 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by JeridHill; May 2nd, 2014 at 02:40 AM.. Reason: Added Photo

Old May 2nd, 2014 May 2, 2014 10:12:00 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
What state was it in? What did it say on the front panel? You can also run a printer status report. Take an 8.5"x11" sheet of paper and when facing the printer, place it on the right side of the platen's edge closest to you and set your platen height to P. Go to your menu and choose Printer Status > Print Status Sheet. On the bottom of the page, if there truly was an error, it should give you an error code to the last error.

Most likely. When you turn the density up, it's going to lay down more ink, throwing your colors off. If you are trying to achieve colors that are more accurate, I wouldn't increase anything, just print as is. If you are trying to get more vibrancy, then increasing the density works well.

This is always a possibility. I've tested the Epson inkset with DuPont inks and I achieved better results with the Epson pretreatment. You may also want to do wash tests. If you are using something else other than Epson's pretreatment, your prints will most likely have different wash results.

Sorry to hear, but today is another day![/QUOTE]

The "state" was the printer was saying it was in the process of cancelling the job, but nothing happened and it was locked. Anyhow, maybe I wasn't patient enough, but I'm pretty sure I gave it like 10 mins.

I'll retry with the ink density lower for the pink, pretty sure that was the problem.

I cranked up my pretreat volume and also the density to 100 with 2 passes. I got an opaque white. I will just have to fine tune it on my end. Things sure got more expensive quick though by doing that.

Jerid, can you give me a quote on the Epson Pretreat? [email protected]

Thank you!

Old May 2nd, 2014 May 2, 2014 11:18:29 AM -   #20 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Pretreat quote is not necessary all are listed. All are selling at same price. Less shipping cost should be a your choice. Same PTs.
I think EZ is closest to you. And that's where you bought from isn't it? AA is second closest. Lol.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
JCS2013 (May 2nd, 2014)
Old May 2nd, 2014 May 2, 2014 2:00:33 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Alex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I would recommend setting the SpeedTreater to between 50 and 60, depending on the type of shirt you're using. For Garment Creator, you'll get the best results at White Print Quality: Level 2 or 3 and by raising white density higher up. I wouldn't recommend touching the density on the color.

-Alex

The Following User Says Thank You to equipmentzone1 For This Useful Post:
JCS2013 (May 2nd, 2014)
Old May 3rd, 2014 May 3, 2014 5:54:12 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: JB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have also ordered a F2000 from EZ so should be going in next couple of weeks. MY QUESTION, what type to shirts are you using and having the best luck with? have you tried 50/50 blends? Experimented with White polyesters? Any other thoughts?

THX
JBS

Old May 3rd, 2014 May 3, 2014 8:34:48 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

50/50 works but not near as well 100% ring spun cotton. I Have Had Excellent Results On 100% poly, White Shirts only, Using IA pretreat I had not been able to verify this with the Epson pretreat as of yet. The Epson consumable prices are all posted on the epson site. These are fixed by Epson.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

Old May 3rd, 2014 May 3, 2014 1:43:44 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Hai

Talking Re: My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsproductions
I have also ordered a F2000 from EZ so should be going in next couple of weeks.

THX
JBS
I ordered from Jerid @ Belquette on May 1st. Shipped May 2nd. Arrives May 5th. From Clearwater to Houston. Couple of weeks is quite a long time.

Old May 3rd, 2014 May 3, 2014 5:13:43 PM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsproductions
what type to shirts are you using and having the best luck with?
For my bread and butter I am printing on Gildan Ultra Cotton and Beefy T's. I can not go to a landscaper or plumber and show them a 4 oz tight weave ring spun high density shirt. They want a heavy tee. Yes I need to put a little more pretreat on them but so far I am very pleased with the results both with and without white. When I got the F2000 I ordered 6 shirts each from several manufacturers to test. (60 total) But like I said, some that printed great had little color choices and the sizing would only fit anorexic American Apparel models. Frankly, for me at least, these are not priceless museum works of art. These are shirts to wear on the cancer walk, to Disneyland, to protest the latest tax and for a small business to hand out to customers. For a sub $20 full color shirt... it's pretty darn cool.
printerpat likes this.

Old May 3rd, 2014 May 3, 2014 8:34:38 PM -   #26 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Sounds like u done your homework. Be aware that last year it appeared that Gildan began to add a chemical treatment to their shirts that resulted in poor wash. Both Image Armour and Epson pretreat have large windows of application, unlike Dupont. If using to much Dupont you will get a great print for the first few washes then it flakes off. Keep us posted on your continued experiences.

Old May 5th, 2014 May 5, 2014 3:00:06 PM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderx1
Sounds like u done your homework. Be aware that last year it appeared that Gildan began to add a chemical treatment to their shirts that resulted in poor wash. Both Image Armour and Epson pretreat have large windows of application, unlike Dupont. If using to much Dupont you will get a great print for the first few washes then it flakes off. Keep us posted on your continued experiences.
I will have to agree with spiderx1, I have been testing tshirts for about 4 years, and the Gildan problem persists. I have found the the Hanes tagless to print well for a regular heavy cotton. Ringspun is better but not all ringspun. Lately I have tested Anvil (lightweight) and Zorrel (heavyweight) ringspun and found the Zorrel to print really good and they are less expensive that Gildan 2000! (here in Canada anyway) I've attached a sample print on a $2 ringspung from Zorrel. PS they have more colors than are shown on their website.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (516.6 KB, 111 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockford For This Useful Post:
JeridHill (May 5th, 2014), spiderx1 (May 5th, 2014)
Old May 5th, 2014 May 5, 2014 3:02:03 PM -   #28 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Cool design and nice print!

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
Rockford (May 5th, 2014)
Old May 5th, 2014 May 5, 2014 3:20:41 PM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I find it surprising how much of a difference the tshirt can make. With all the debate on the best printer, best rip, best ink etc, the quality of the shirt is just as important. My choices are limited where I live, and if I do want to try something better I usually have to order them by the cases. Wondering if anyone is familiar with the Hanes Nano Ringspun?? I know they're relatively expensive but how do they print? My supplier has a 5 case minimum.

Old May 5th, 2014 May 5, 2014 3:24:01 PM -   #30 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I've been using Nano tees with success. You may want to try Loftees HD and Hanes Beefy Tees as we'll.

This is a discussion about My Epson F2000 Surecolor Journal that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in