Epson SureColor F2000 warranty - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson SureColor F2000 warranty

Like Tree9Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 29th, 2014 Jan 29, 2014 6:05:18 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Bryan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Epson SureColor F2000 warranty

I subscribe to Google alerts and I have the Epson printer as one of my searches. Today I got a hit on the warranty for the F2000. Here is the link https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd40255.pdf
The extended warranty is puzzling. Am I correct when it says that if you purchase the extension it is only good for 2 service calls max per year and only "one" head exchange... regardless? Interesting.
allamerican likes this.

Last edited by 4u2bSeen; January 29th, 2014 at 06:15 PM..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4u2bSeen For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 30th, 2014), MauiCustomTshirt (February 2nd, 2014), Rodney (January 31st, 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2014 Jan 29, 2014 9:35:19 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brandon

Default Re: Epson SureColor F2000 warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2bSeen
I subscribe to Google alerts and I have the Epson printer as one of my searches. Today I got a hit on the warranty for the F2000. Here is the link https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd40255.pdf
The extended warranty is puzzling. Am I correct when it says that if you purchase the extension it is only good for 2 service calls max per year and only "one" head exchange... regardless? Interesting.
Yes I just read this as well. I thought the warranty extending would be just as good as the first year of warranty. I guess this is not the case, and I am rather disappointed that it does not. I hope this means price will be reasonable for the warranty for extended years.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to ASID Clothing For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 30th, 2014)
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 1:34:52 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

That surprise me also. We always skip little prints.
Two calls? $$$ what is call Phone? Visit?
Tech phone call should be unlimited. IMHO
Two time visit is great
One head? $$$$
I will read when time allows me.
Cheers! From Austria. Night time Ski ramp. Right front of hotel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (314.7 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Rodney; January 31st, 2014 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: removed self promotion

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 4:51:17 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Brian
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

The previous warranty disclosure said "Printhead (first year only)" but nothing about only 1 swap.

Will definitely need to see some technical costs for self-repairs. I know someone quoted the capping station on another thread, but my other concern is that everyone is saying the Epson is built like a tank. Coming from pulling apart other tank printers in my past, I hope Epson hasn't made the tank non-user serviceable in the long run.

What are the extended warranty costs?

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 5:57:00 AM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

There are no self service parts on this product. You can purchase the Print Head Cleaning kit which consists of the print head fabric wiper, print head capping station, and the print head flushing pad. These would be considered more of an accessory, but outside of this, there really isn't other parts you can swap out on your own.

The way I read the warranty is the same, if you buy the extended warranty, if you had not used a print head replacement, it gets carried over to the next year with a maximum total of 2 print head replacements in any given 1 year warranty period.

As for the warranty cost, it's $1,950 per year, and the additional year must be purchased within the valid warranty period. You would not be able to purchase it after your warranty expires.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
MauiCustomTshirt (February 2nd, 2014), Rodney (January 31st, 2014)
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 6:00:06 AM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Am I correct when it says that if you purchase the extension it is only good for 2 service calls max per year and only "one" head exchange... regardless? Interesting.
These are 2 on-site service calls.

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
MauiCustomTshirt (February 2nd, 2014)
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 6:00:08 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
The way I read the warranty is the same, if you buy the extended warranty, if you had not used a print head replacement, it gets carried over to the next year with a maximum total of 2 print head replacements in any given 1 year warranty period.
Hmm, I'm reading your reply two different ways.

Do you think (off the record?) that it would allow for 2 printheads per year over 3 years if one extended the 1 year warranty 2 more years, for a total of 6 printheads? Or 2 printheads permanently, forever, no matter what?

$1950 per year is a very reasonable warranty price, for next business day service. $7.50 per work day only?

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 6:01:43 AM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

It states that only 1 print head replacement can be carried over to the next year. So the third year, if you hadn't used any of the replacements, would have 2 available. After your warranty expires, any head replacements you would have had would no longer be valid, which would be considered a standard warranty policy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
MauiCustomTshirt (February 2nd, 2014), Rodney (January 31st, 2014)
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 6:13:02 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

It's a bit more confusing, still.

From what Epson's brochure states, you do NOT get a printhead in the basic warranty, right? Read this:

Quote:
One-Year Preferred Plus Option —
EPPSCF2KB1

Provides one year of coverage or two on-site service calls, whichever occurs first; in either case the print head will be replaced only once.
This is an option for one year enhanced warranty. And you get "either/or" but the explanation is bizarre. So I am assuming if I bought this warranty (during the first year), I get either one year of technical support, OR I get 2 onsite visits?
allamerican likes this.

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 6:18:47 AM -   #10 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I'll get clarification and post it here when I have it.

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 6:28:48 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Things are getting more and more interesting here

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 6:29:38 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
I'll get clarification and post it here when I have it.
Appreciate that. I'm pretty good at reading legal jargon, but in this case, their jargon isn't very clear.

Still, I do believe that the standard warranty would preclude the onsite service and printhead, based on the text of this new document. And that could cause some concern for you retailers who may have specified on your website different promises. I'd...consider removing such text, if you're such a retailer, until there's clarification from Epson to you.
allamerican likes this.

Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 6:37:28 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Epson's own marketing PDF on their website DOES say "Standard 1-year next-business-day on site service - includes print heads" -- http://www.epson.com/_alfresco/proim...%20Preview.pdf

But now this document is contrary.
allamerican likes this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to treefox2118 For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 30th, 2014), ETA (January 30th, 2014), Rodney (January 31st, 2014)
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 6:59:00 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Bryan

It is also noted that any repair is only warranted until the end of the warranty... so if something needs replacement on the last day of warranty, no further coverage is allotted. Don't get me wrong. Epson I believe still has the best coverage amongst the field of manufactures. ( I did get a call from my Brother sales rep telling me that all Brother heads now include a one year warranty...?)

Regardless of all the legal dribble the lawyers put down, I am thankful to this forum because it really does force the manufactures (and dealers) to take care of their customers. A hundred great comments can be whiped out by one bad (valid) treatment.

The Following User Says Thank You to 4u2bSeen For This Useful Post:
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 7:09:39 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
It is also noted that any repair is only warranted until the end of the warranty... so if something needs replacement on the last day of warranty, no further coverage is allotted. Don't get me wrong. Epson I believe still has the best coverage amongst the field of manufactures. ( I did get a call from my Brother sales rep telling me that all Brother heads now include a one year warranty...?)
As I've mentioned here many times, Epson is a competitor more to Brother than to any of the third party Epson-based DTG manufacturers.

Brother now HAS to match the warranty of Epson. And if Epson does a good enough job during the launch stage, I think Brother is going to permanent lose some long time customers. I know a few Brother shops who are ready to jump ship because Brother mistreated them.

A lesson to learn in this market like any other one: if someone can make a profit with your equipment, treat them well, or someone else will.

The Following User Says Thank You to treefox2118 For This Useful Post:

This is a discussion about Epson SureColor F2000 warranty that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in