NeoRip 2000 vs Garment Creator on Epson DTG - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

NeoRip 2000 vs Garment Creator on Epson DTG

Like Tree74Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 29th, 2014 Jan 29, 2014 5:32:08 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Default NeoRip 2000 vs Garment Creator on Epson DTG

This thread is to compare the NeoRip for the Epson DTG vs the packaged Garment Creator. It demonstrates the capabilities of the NeoRips capabilities and the vast improvement over the packaged software. Also the real abilities of the Epson F2000 DTG. Most noticeable is in the skin tones or fades and smokes. The Neo Rip produces outstanding results in both High Res and Production mode. The High res mode really is the same resolution as the production mode it just lays down more white ink in certain areas, not all. The production mode quality is almost the same in most cases. Saving approximately 35% in white ink over the garment creator. At least that is what I observed. Approximate print time for a 14x14 print in production mode from button push to eject was about 3:20. Achieving results very very very close to the award winning NeoFlex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AJ Garment Creator.jpg (37.8 KB, 482 views)
File Type: jpg AJ Neo Rip.jpg (49.8 KB, 466 views)
File Type: jpg Garment Creator.jpg (140.7 KB, 459 views)
File Type: jpg Robot Neo Rip.jpg (121.9 KB, 452 views)
File Type: jpg War Neo Rip.jpg (126.3 KB, 405 views)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to spiderx1 For This Useful Post:
23spiderman (January 29th, 2014), allamerican (January 29th, 2014), EricDeem (January 29th, 2014), Iron Jaw (January 29th, 2014), MauiCustomTshirt (February 2nd, 2014), Printzilla (February 5th, 2014), Rodney (January 29th, 2014), Smalzstein (January 29th, 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2014 Jan 29, 2014 5:40:02 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: NeoRip 2000 vs Garment Creator on Epson DTG

Randy, if you have the images, I'll print them again using Garment Creator and post the results here. There are a few things being worked on and since Garment Creator is still a beta product, it's getting better all the time and I'm 100% certain I can produce better results than what is seen here. You should have my email.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
MauiCustomTshirt (February 2nd, 2014), Resolute DTG (January 29th, 2014), Rodney (January 29th, 2014)
Old January 29th, 2014 Jan 29, 2014 6:23:35 AM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

My goal, as always, is to utilize what's in the box to the best of it's abilities. Since Garment Creator is getting better, then it only stands to reason to give it a fair shake. RIP can be advantageous in certain situations, but Garment Creator can go toe to toe with most prints.

I am not attempting to deceive anyone, just give the results. I took this file and brought it into Garment Creator and chose print. I have settings already saved, there's no need to generate a white layer etc. 2 clicks, Import, Print and this is the result. I have one image I found on the internet to compare. Again, this is beta, so profiling etc, will still get better. But I'd say this is pretty good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GCPrint.jpg (644.4 KB, 361 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 29th, 2014), Iron Jaw (January 29th, 2014), ksergentakis (August 29th, 2014), MauiCustomTshirt (February 2nd, 2014), scuba_steve2699 (January 29th, 2014)

Old January 29th, 2014 Jan 29, 2014 7:19:35 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Ok, so no longer is it owner of AA, just a copy of your RIP, no offense intended, but I'll pass.

The thread was started to show the differences between the RIP and Garment Creator. Since I do not have a copy of your RIP, I wanted to show the improvements made in GC and the final output. It was not meant to be directed towards you or your company or your RIP, simply an output to show the improvements.

In my opinion, it's not a competition between me and you or your company. Once again, I am all about using the tools at hand out of the box, if a RIP is value added, then there are options available to the buyer. If someone doesn't feel they want to spend the additional money on a RIP and Garment Creator is a good fit, this would be the purpose of demonstrating GC's capabilities. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
ksergentakis (August 29th, 2014)
Old January 29th, 2014 Jan 29, 2014 8:27:16 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Brian

Onyx ProductionHouse currently supports almost every Epson SureColor wide format printer. I wonder what it would take for them to support the SureColor DTG. That's workflow efficiency right there.

I guess a guy can dream.

The Following User Says Thank You to treefox2118 For This Useful Post:
ksergentakis (August 30th, 2014)
Old January 29th, 2014 Jan 29, 2014 8:34:14 AM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Production House is a great product. I used to own it when I had my printing business. It ran every large format printer I had with so many profiles. They do a great job for sure.

Old January 29th, 2014 Jan 29, 2014 9:32:39 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
Production House is a great product. I used to own it when I had my printing business. It ran every large format printer I had with so many profiles. They do a great job for sure.
That's a key element there -- the profiling.

Plus, with a color densitometer, you can make sure every shirt prints the maximum and proper color gamut available.

Imagine pretreating a particular garment (brand, color, etc), printing the color charts, scanning them after curing, and having exacting color standards no matter the artwork whenever you print on that same garment brand-color.

That's the future, if someone can get Onyx to create the basic profile for that printer-ink.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treefox2118 For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 30th, 2014), ksergentakis (August 30th, 2014)
Old January 29th, 2014 Jan 29, 2014 9:40:06 AM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
I'm 100% certain I can produce better results than what is seen here.
Let me clarify. I was talking about creating better results with Garment Creator vs the prints here done with Garment Creator. I wasn't saying my prints would be better than the RIP, that's subjective to the viewer. Although I believe the results of either are excellent.
allamerican likes this.

allamerican (January 29th, 2014)
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 9:09:46 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: David

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefox2118
That's a key element there -- the profiling.

Plus, with a color densitometer, you can make sure every shirt prints the maximum and proper color gamut available.

Imagine pretreating a particular garment (brand, color, etc), printing the color charts, scanning them after curing, and having exacting color standards no matter the artwork whenever you print on that same garment brand-color.

That's the future, if someone can get Onyx to create the basic profile for that printer-ink.
Profiling Black shirts is not the same as profiling vinyl or paper, I think you would find that Onyx would have some work to do.

But we actually do have all these features and more in the Cadlink product.
Unlimited queues (Onyx gives you limited queues) and while we are not currently offering the profiling feature or devicelinks to end users in the Epson version, its a sales decision.
The Brother version does have these as an option.

To be honest having done lots (and I mean lots) of digital apparel profiles, the biggest problem is getting consistency on the underbase. pretreament and other factors play havoc with this.

But I think you will find that our color matching is very good.

Best regards

-David

The Following User Says Thank You to cavedave For This Useful Post:
Smalzstein (January 30th, 2014)
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 9:13:20 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: David

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderx1
This thread is to compare the NeoRip for the Epson DTG vs the packaged Garment Creator. It demonstrates the capabilities of the NeoRips capabilities and the vast improvement over the packaged software. Also the real abilities of the Epson F2000 DTG. Most noticeable is in the skin tones or fades and smokes. The Neo Rip produces outstanding results in both High Res and Production mode. The High res mode really is the same resolution as the production mode it just lays down more white ink in certain areas, not all. The production mode quality is almost the same in most cases. Saving approximately 35% in white ink over the garment creator. At least that is what I observed. Approximate print time for a 14x14 print in production mode from button push to eject was about 3:20. Achieving results very very very close to the award winning NeoFlex.
Can I ask, did you remove the black from the image in Garment creator or do this first in Photoshop.

It looks to me like it was done in Garment Creator and certainly in the version I have it gives you the hard edge, but if you do it first in Photoshop and save as a PNG it does a much better job and would be a more comparable test.

Best regards

-David

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cavedave For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 30th, 2014), Smalzstein (January 30th, 2014)
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 10:26:12 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Photoshop:

color range - select black RGB 000 pixel - fuzzines 65 - 120 % - deleted selection - save PNG

Print

I bet that difference would be minimal between RIP and GC (assuming that GC has control over underbase contrast).
allamerican and joe83 like this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Smalzstein For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 30th, 2014)
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 12:42:40 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,029 Times in 3,228 Posts

Just as a quick heads up to those reporting this thread as self promotion: Yes, Randy, @spiderx1, has helped out in the All American booth at some trade shows, however he is not an employee there. He didn't receive any kind of compensation, he paid for his own travel and accommodations and has never spent a dime with All American. He's just trying to help out and share information as a DTG user and machine owner I've met him personally and can tell you he's a pretty straight shooting guy.

Sorry for the thread interruption. Thank you to everyone for helping to keep this community a friendly, helpful source of information. I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread
allamerican likes this.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 30th, 2014), german13 (January 30th, 2014), ksergentakis (August 30th, 2014), MauiCustomTshirt (February 2nd, 2014), Smalzstein (January 30th, 2014), spiderx1 (January 30th, 2014)
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 1:31:15 PM -   #13 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

For all the nerds out there. This was printed on the Epson using GC.
Appx size 16"x18"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DrWho_GC.jpg (3.04 MB, 365 views)

ksergentakis (August 29th, 2014)
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 1:35:58 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Looks solid!

I, for one, am excited about GC -- I believe more professional RIP software will put pressure on the current RIP leaders to come out with better features and efficiency. I spoke at length with a well known RIP maker about 3 important workflow features, and they had no desire to add them.

If Epson can learn from the shortcomings of the other big names, the added competition should actually help all of us.

On the other hand, I have been dealing with Epson's professional lines of printers for a decade now, and I always end up with a third party RIP.

My guess is that Epson will have far more problems with end-users pretreating than with end-users having color issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to treefox2118 For This Useful Post:
ksergentakis (August 30th, 2014)
Old January 30th, 2014 Jan 30, 2014 1:38:17 PM -   #15 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

And for whatever reason, people like to see watches printed on shirts, so here you go (Roughly 14"x20")! Again using GC with no editing in Photoshop. Hopefully next week I'll post maybe images using Digital Factory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Watch.jpg (724.4 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg WatchGears.jpg (1.09 MB, 262 views)
idiver likes this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
ksergentakis (August 30th, 2014), MauiCustomTshirt (February 2nd, 2014), Smalzstein (January 30th, 2014), spiderx1 (January 30th, 2014)

This is a discussion about NeoRip 2000 vs Garment Creator on Epson DTG that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in