Epson set up is~ - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson set up is~

Like Tree19Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 20th, 2014 Jan 20, 2014 12:28:10 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Default Epson set up is~

Epson setting up is same as you buy paper printer from OfficeMax. Just read manual before set up. Easy written, i can even understand, lol. AA found out there are absolutly no professional assistance required at all. Worse case is Skype.
Don't get me wrong. Pro on side is always better but it can be or big possibility of waste time and money. Software using can be by Video all day. 100 times easier than Photoshop or Corel.
However, go to nearest Demo available place and spend 30minutes and you are the Pro. it is not even essential too.
Pretreat? Skill? IA or Epson PT are so forgiving. On Manual too.
Few test shirts later you are on the way. Dry shirts 60sec 330F.
Epson (Mark: big boss) said "Plug and Go" from beginning. I was wondered but THEY WERE RIGHT. I know it is bold statement but I do believe it. IMHO.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Last edited by allamerican; January 20th, 2014 at 03:11 PM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2014 Jan 20, 2014 1:25:54 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Brian
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Default Re: Epson set up is~

I'm guessing the market Epson is targeting isn't the contract print shop, though. Whenever I see a DTG at the mall, they're always printing on white cotton (read: Dual CMYK market). The manager and owner aren't present most of the time, so a printer with little manual maintenance is key here.

Speed isn't a huge issue, either. People pay their $30-40 for one T-shirt for grandma, go shopping, and come back in an hour to snag it.

On the flip side, a low maintenance printer for the contract shop makes sense, too, even if ink is more expensive per square inch. Less maintenance => lower labor costs => covers the higher ink price.

The day will come (mark my words) that some smart company will literally give away the printer if they can get vendor lock-in for ink. How will they do it? Online RIP and print mechanism.

Charge $0 for the printer and setup and warranty. Charge $0 for access to the web-based RIP (large bandwidth internet access required). Provide free artwork help, even (online). Track ink usage automatically and have credit-card based auto-fulfillment of ink. Even allow for auto-fulfillment of pretreated shirts to be drop shipped to replenish order inventory.

Upcharge on ink (vendor lockin) and pretreated garments (vendor lockin) by 20%.

Epson could have done this, and maybe they still will. If I had a few million in the bank, I'd do it -- the mall kiosk owners would be all over it in a heartbeat.
allamerican likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treefox2118 For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 20th, 2014), Smalzstein (January 20th, 2014)
Old January 20th, 2014 Jan 20, 2014 1:32:05 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Very informative in depth analysis. BTW there is an online RIP already

Old January 20th, 2014 Jan 20, 2014 1:38:57 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Smalzstein: I'm sure there is! I haven't played with one, but I'm familiar with the technology. Even if most of the RIP is Java based (client-side), the vendor can absolutely estimate ink and garment usage and make sure the end user isn't buying generic or non-OEM ink.

Even better, imagine if the vendor took care of licensing deals. Are you in the mall? Want to print Mickey Mouse or Iron Man? No problem -- when we restock the shirt you use, we'll just add $1 on there to pay for the licensing agreement of the artwork you downloaded pre-rendered for your print.
allamerican likes this.

Old January 20th, 2014 Jan 20, 2014 3:53:57 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Going back home. Very tired. 35000 feet high now.
I look at it this way.
Epson modify training is focus on Trouble shot, maintenance, part changing, how to PT and, how to use Softwre. Warranty is most parts except consumables. Head and damper.
While EPson F2000 does not require to this in depth. Epson is very minimal/next to none maintenance. Epson does not want end users changing parts while warranty is in effect.
Actuall if anyone trying warranty can be in danger. No Touch! They will.
But some time warranty will be expire unless keep buying on next 4 years.
Many DTGs are way older than 4 years old. and they are working as a tank now.
What is Epson owners solution? When warranty is expired? Lol!!!!! Scare you?
I never read anyone post on this matter seriously yet. Do we think time will stop if we buy Epson? Never. Lol. Will we going to depends on Epson service center? Can we buy parts and DIY? Who will be capable for this? Is there any training center for maintenance and part replacing to who are out of warranty? Or you do not want to buy warranty any more? Scare you?
Install EPSON is same as ABC. So will we have so many competitors? Anyone can hands on DTG machine which was some what discret to common public. Lol, Scare you?
LOL and LOL
I have my own answers on your concerns but I want to hear TSF members opinions first as above posts. I am bad.
Again, install assistance is not must, no~not necessary unless handicap kicks in.(no English, worse than mine. Nerverse(if you are give a shot first and ask help here. I will be here as all other dealers).
Plug and Play..
There are many business tactics. One of tactics which I want to talk about is create Fear and deliver fear to Buyers. Not the nice way to gain benefit.
Let's talk about it no fear?( Samurai?) Or fear? Worry? Don't care? Be happy everything will be alright?

Last edited by allamerican; January 20th, 2014 at 04:08 PM..

Old January 20th, 2014 Jan 20, 2014 4:09:17 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

The less a product can be self-maintained and repaired, the less a profit-seeker will want it.

How many nuts-and-bolts entrepreneurs really want to use an iPhone over an Android device? Few. We want to tear our machines down to hacker ROMs if we can. Many of us are anti-Apple, unless that's our design platform.

The same is true for DTG. We who buy "non-serviceable" printers will realize we could have made more money if we paid less for a machine that will require factory service after the warranty.

Again, I feel the Epson DTGs have a huge market that the third party Epson-printhead DTG manufacturers don't want to touch: the same crowd who buys an iPhone "because it works", but doesn't want to bother looking under the hood, ever. Mall kiosks and high price retail will be best suited for Epson. Contract printers and people who don't mind having rainbow colored hands will go with third party Epson printheads.

I'd be more worried if I was Brother than if I was Neoflex, Viper or Belquette.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to treefox2118 For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 20th, 2014)
Old January 20th, 2014 Jan 20, 2014 4:22:44 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefox2118
I'd be more worried if I was Brother than if I was Neoflex, Viper or Belquette.
LOL, you really made me LAUGHing hard. If you are saying I am worried. Or similar.
Do you read my worry? NEVER.
You will read my posts later which will say on EPSON buyers are safe and they are in Good hand. I will explain why. My post is trying to say Pro Epson.
PS: someone asked here "wondering how many Epson were sold in ISS"
My answer is if all 6 are sold same. 120-150 are sold. Because I know only AA's number. We sold more NeoFlex in ISS than Epson. Feel better? AA is not bottom of totem pole. Lol. Maybe top.

Last edited by allamerican; January 20th, 2014 at 04:29 PM..

Old January 21st, 2014 Jan 21, 2014 4:19:04 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
LOL, you really made me LAUGHing hard. If you are saying I am worried. Or similar.
Do you read my worry? NEVER.
That's what I was saying -- I don't think the third party Epson manufacturers are worried, I think Brother might be worried.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to treefox2118 For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 21st, 2014)
Old January 21st, 2014 Jan 21, 2014 11:48:16 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek

LOL this is why it is good to have contract with Epson. Brother is industrial machine so is on a different ball game

Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 7:50:18 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

How do you consider the Brother an industrial machine and the Epson not? Sounds like you have been drinking the Brother marketing department's kool-aid.
allamerican likes this.

Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 7:54:46 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 846 Posts

"Epson" isn't industrial??? c'mon now, we aren't printing with $80 paper printers! i'd much rather pay $xxx per head (all 8 channels in one head) than $x,xxx per head with the Brother having 8 separate heads. in addition, i still have yet to see the Brother inkset produce as vibrant a print as the Espon/DuPont ink or Epson/Epson ink combo. and my consumables are less $$$ as well. Brother does make great machines, but so does Epson and the modifiers that use Epson components.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to 23spiderman For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 22nd, 2014)
Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 8:36:27 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

@Dekay317 Industrial meaning can produce high volume shirts per hour. Last time I checked can print dark shirts in almost the same amount of time as normal DTG's. Totally different playing field. Not in same category and no I'm not sucking up Brother's marketing. I don't sell anything Brother or own a printer. @23spidermanDo you own the Surecolor? As far as I know they've only released to dealers and high volume users. You are correct about print quality. You get better with Epson based DTG's than brother but we're talking about the Surecolor printer itself and print time. I went to the show and its pretty close to the same print time as normal DTG's that were Epson based.

Last edited by DTGPRINTERPARTS; January 22nd, 2014 at 08:49 AM..

Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 8:47:30 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
Last time I checked can print dark shirts in almost the same amount of time as normal DTG's.
what does this mean? what is "normal"? which model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
@23spiderman, do you own the Surecolor?
no, i do not, but i was with two of them over the weekend at the ISS show in Long Beach, CA.

Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 8:49:43 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

DX5 based like Viper, Neo, etc.
What do you think about the print time? About the same no?

Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 8:57:31 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

the RIP that AA uses speeds the print up a little bit, i think. also, the ink chemistry is a bit different, so we were able to get a nice print without using the highest resolution. i would own a Surecolor driven with the AA RIP over the Brother any day.
EricDeem likes this.

This is a discussion about Epson set up is~ that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in