Epson set up is~ - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson set up is~

Like Tree19Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 27th, 2014 Jan 27, 2014 2:36:22 AM -   #46 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson set up is~

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
Look same but function are so much different. 4900 has many drop size while F2000 does not to achieve lots of ink deposit. 4900 uses 10 channels F2000 uses 8 channels.
They are cars but different cars. Too many "know how's involve to review comparison". Secrets? Lol.
Cheers! From Aeoon Austria where snows and skis everywhere. Ski outfit is their everyday wear. Lol.
I would have to agree with Peter not because he is NeoFather and my friend lol but because of my wide format background. The viscosity in paper and textile are different and would not be able to function well in a traditional 4900 print head. If it were the same I don't think Epson would tell anyone and if it were then they would have to modify like they did with the dx5 heads to push textile ink through. Like Smalzstein said could be a manifold change also
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to DTGPRINTERPARTS For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 27th, 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 27th, 2014 Jan 27, 2014 6:42:34 AM -   #47 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 1,113 Times in 847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
What were you displaying at the show?
i was helping the guys in the All American booth, and was primarily working with the NeoFlex.

Old January 27th, 2014 Jan 27, 2014 6:55:22 AM -   #48 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw

And again I would agree with David. Drop size controll like R1900 vs 4880 c'mon gyus this is common knowlege.

I maybe wrong on this but if I would have to place the bet I would say that they are virtualy the same in the actual printhead area.

Or dx5 vs dx7 different electronic layout on the PCB, different manifold but heads virtually the same.

Old January 27th, 2014 Jan 27, 2014 7:31:20 AM -   #49 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

I think it is kinda splitting hairs. Hard to say that the print head was specifically built for this printer because why would Epson spend the extra money for 2 extra channels in the middle of the head that are not being used at all. It is also hard to say that nothing in the inside of the head has not been altered to make the flow of the dtg ink better than their standard print heads used in the modified printers. At the end of the day, the real test will come down to whether it works or not in the hands of actual users.

Mark

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DAGuide For This Useful Post:
JeridHill (January 27th, 2014), jim55912 (January 28th, 2014), Smalzstein (January 27th, 2014)
Old January 27th, 2014 Jan 27, 2014 8:01:09 AM -   #50 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I would probably have to agree with that one. Millions of dollars it would take to develop one for DTG and it's a test printer right now, meaning if it doesn't get good feedback well no machines will be sold. I'm curious to see how it does in production. Prints look great

Old January 27th, 2014 Jan 27, 2014 2:22:16 PM -   #51 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGuide
At the end of the day, the real test will come down to whether it works or not in the hands of actual users.
Mark

That really is what it is all about, in the end. Whatever original or modified head design is involved, it does seem to work. There are beta F2000 units out there at large print operations that have been running for months without any problems. Various users, including dealers, that have left units sit for almost 2 weeks unused have them starting up again with no clogging issues at all. The warranty included covers the printhead. I agree, it is always interesting to discuss the intricate details behind the design and origins of the printer components. But I think what the majority of people looking to possibly buy the F2000 are most interested in is does the F2000 work and work well. By all indications - it does.

_

Old January 27th, 2014 Jan 27, 2014 2:27:24 PM -   #52 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

This thread started with "how easy set up would be" "not necessary on professional person to Epson set up" and going different direction. Beauty of open forum.
All you need is read manual.
Learn Pretreating. Waste few shirts.
RIP users: seller will send RIP ahead a time to give users have enough time to learn.
If end user need social meeting with Sellers at buyer's location all Sellers will be at End users place.
When and If any dealers offer specials all others will be the same. Guarantee!!!! Just ask and you will get it.
On site train or PT machine at cheap price or on RIP or Heat Press or 3rd party PT at lower price or extra discount rate on other(not epson product) suppliers or etc. When 6 are compete You are the only winner.LOL. Congrat!!!!!!! I am ready as others are.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Last edited by allamerican; January 27th, 2014 at 02:34 PM..

Old January 27th, 2014 Jan 27, 2014 3:12:32 PM -   #53 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

True, did go in a different direction. Not like that hasn't happened on the forums before though
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to DTGPRINTERPARTS For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 28th, 2014)
Old January 28th, 2014 Jan 28, 2014 7:33:56 AM -   #54 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Getting training on operating any direct to garment printer is always a good idea.

Especially for those who have never printed before, it helps getting started so much easier and more trouble free, plus shows many procedures that new users would not have been aware of.

There are many posts here on the Forums with this message - "Proper training is a must".

_

Old January 28th, 2014 Jan 28, 2014 1:51:15 PM -   #55 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Training is essential to getting the most out your equipment in the shortest time. The learning curve can be quite daunting in DTG printing...any advantage one can take is a wise decision.

This is a discussion about Epson set up is~ that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in