Epson set up is~ - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson set up is~

Like Tree19Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 9:01:09 AM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson set up is~

Yeah I think that you're right, print quality is King to me. Brother's stuff does wash out. Did you get a shirt sample from the Surecolor?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 9:07:04 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23spiderman
the RIP that AA uses speeds the print up a little bit, i think. also, the ink chemistry is a bit different, so we were able to get a nice print without using the highest resolution. i would own a Surecolor driven with the AA RIP over the Brother any day.
As most of us - but the question is would you chose Sure Color over two neoflexec for example. You get same speed, lower ink cost, similar quality.

The Following User Says Thank You to Smalzstein For This Useful Post:
DTGPRINTERPARTS (January 22nd, 2014)
Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 9:09:00 AM -   #18 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalzstein
As most of us - but the question is would you chose Sure Color over two neoflexec for example. You get same speed, lower ink cost, similar quality.
Thank You Smalzstein, that's the answer I was trying to get from someone!

Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 9:27:21 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

My opinion Anthony's watch was broke if Brother was faster or he is pure joking.
Faster or same(381) if Stop Watch was good one.
Industrial? Who is more industrial on Printing? Epson or Embroidery company Brother? 541, 782 and 3xx line. Only experienced on few products while Epson has countless printers models on the market. Huh
All Brother head is old Kyocera head. Epson Head is self made for only just DTG. Most modern technology.
Regardless, quality of printout out is Un-comparable. Will top most of all Dtg. Include yours.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Last edited by allamerican; January 22nd, 2014 at 09:35 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 9:52:29 AM -   #20 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
The decision on what printer to buy really depends on your business model and experience within the DTG industry.

Both are SOLID printers and I would be happy with either in my shop!!

Epson = Minimal maintenance, easy to use, single platen, awesome warranty, small foot print, excellent prints (Especially when using NeoRip 2000). This printer is more for small shops, as an add-on to an existing garment decorating business or for someone just getting into the DTG industry but wants a commercial grade printer.

NeoFlex
= Slightly more attention needed for maintenance, 3 platens, best tech support in industry, best prints in industry, proven platform, larger footprint. This printer is best for people who are already experienced in the DTG industry and looking for a more production friendly and versatile printer.

JMHO

Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 10:01:06 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jim
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefox2118
The less a product can be self-maintained and repaired, the less a profit-seeker will want it.

How many nuts-and-bolts entrepreneurs really want to use an iPhone over an Android device? Few. We want to tear our machines down to hacker ROMs if we can. Many of us are anti-Apple, unless that's our design platform.

The same is true for DTG. We who buy "non-serviceable" printers will realize we could have made more money if we paid less for a machine that will require factory service after the warranty.

Again, I feel the Epson DTGs have a huge market that the third party Epson-printhead DTG manufacturers don't want to touch: the same crowd who buys an iPhone "because it works", but doesn't want to bother looking under the hood, ever. Mall kiosks and high price retail will be best suited for Epson. Contract printers and people who don't mind having rainbow colored hands will go with third party Epson printheads.

I'd be more worried if I was Brother than if I was Neoflex, Viper or Belquette.
I am in the "I just want it to work" crowd.

We had a big fancy $230,000 dollar DTG machine. It was quite impressive, it made you proud to show it to people. Better yet, you could spend HOURS with your sleeves rolled up, tweaking this, tweaking that. It was a hackers paradise. Me... I sell shirts.

We have two Brother 541's with a combined 150,000 prints on them. Total service = 1 service call and two new heads.

We run the two brothers through a conveyor drier. Combined output of 120 shirts per hour at 4.00 per print.

My only regret is that they are not "industrial" It is kind of bummer to just push a button.

I am going to look into the Epson, and well... I carry an iPhone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jim55912 For This Useful Post:
DTGPRINTERPARTS (January 22nd, 2014), Smalzstein (January 22nd, 2014)
Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 10:06:55 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Lol Peter too funny but yeah I'm talking about the old Brother machines like 541, 782. I think the new ones need some tweaking.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to DTGPRINTERPARTS For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 22nd, 2014)
Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 5:36:07 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Josh
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
My opinion Anthony's watch was broke if Brother was faster or he is pure joking.
Industrial? Who is more industrial on Printing? Epson or Embroidery company Brother? 541, 782 and 3xx line. Only experienced on few products while Epson has countless printers models on the market. Huh
All Brother head is old Kyocera head. Epson Head is self made for only just DTG. Most modern technology.
Regardless, quality of printout out is Un-comparable. Will top most of all Dtg. Include yours.
Brother also builds office and personal use inkjet printers, fax machines, all in one's, and laser printers. I actually believe they have quit manufacturing embroidery machines.

I really don't want to start anything here, just sharing my experiance/opinion. The Epson looks like a very impressive machine. We own a brother GT381 and it has been an awesome machine. In nine months we've had zero service calls, zero tech issues, zero clogs. We've printer days on end, and also had the machine sit for 2 weeks without use and no issues either way. Not to say things can't change, and the surecolor may have the same attributes or better, but don't count the Brother out. It's been great for us and has made us money without stressing us out. We took the time to dial the machine in and it turns out very nice looking prints that wash great (no wash out)

Last edited by apipromo; January 22nd, 2014 at 05:47 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to apipromo For This Useful Post:
Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 6:31:13 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefox2118
I'm guessing the market Epson is targeting isn't the contract print shop, though. Whenever I see a DTG at the mall, they're always printing on white cotton (read: Dual CMYK market). The manager and owner aren't present most of the time, so a printer with little manual maintenance is key here.

Speed isn't a huge issue, either. People pay their $30-40 for one T-shirt for grandma, go shopping, and come back in an hour to snag it.

On the flip side, a low maintenance printer for the contract shop makes sense, too, even if ink is more expensive per square inch. Less maintenance => lower labor costs => covers the higher ink price.

The day will come (mark my words) that some smart company will literally give away the printer if they can get vendor lock-in for ink. How will they do it? Online RIP and print mechanism.

Charge $0 for the printer and setup and warranty. Charge $0 for access to the web-based RIP (large bandwidth internet access required). Provide free artwork help, even (online). Track ink usage automatically and have credit-card based auto-fulfillment of ink. Even allow for auto-fulfillment of pretreated shirts to be drop shipped to replenish order inventory.

Upcharge on ink (vendor lockin) and pretreated garments (vendor lockin) by 20%.

Epson could have done this, and maybe they still will. If I had a few million in the bank, I'd do it -- the mall kiosk owners would be all over it in a heartbeat.
God, I really hope that doesn't happen.

Old January 22nd, 2014 Jan 22, 2014 9:05:24 PM -   #25 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by apipromo
Brother also builds office and personal use inkjet printers, fax machines, all in one's, and laser printers. I actually believe they have quit manufacturing embroidery machines.

I really don't want to start anything here, just sharing my experiance/opinion. The Epson looks like a very impressive machine. We own a brother GT381 and it has been an awesome machine. In nine months we've had zero service calls, zero tech issues, zero clogs. We've printer days on end, and also had the machine sit for 2 weeks without use and no issues either way. Not to say things can't change, and the surecolor may have the same attributes or better, but don't count the Brother out. It's been great for us and has made us money without stressing us out. We took the time to dial the machine in and it turns out very nice looking prints that wash great (no wash out)
Hey Amanda, how fast can you print a dark shirt with your machine? I know some happy owners of the Brother machines

Old January 23rd, 2014 Jan 23, 2014 12:44:53 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
Peter, This isn't quite true, the Brother print head is there own ink jet head and Epson print head isn't a purpose built head for Apparel inks, its the same head used in the 4900, 7900, 9900 and 30600, 50600 and 70600 machines.

I would never get into which one is better than the other, but I don't think people on the forum should be mislead either.
But I am sure its just your mistake and wasn't done deliberately.

Best regards

-David

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cavedave For This Useful Post:
Belquette (January 23rd, 2014), DTGPRINTERPARTS (January 23rd, 2014), Smalzstein (January 23rd, 2014)
Old January 23rd, 2014 Jan 23, 2014 3:21:08 AM -   #27 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I am relay exact word Epson said.
Peter "Mark, Printhead looks like Epson 4900. Isn't it?"
Mark who is in charge of Epson DTG "We develope this head for only F2000"
"This is Epson's history which is one head was developed for only one printer"
I will stand by for my word about I heard. He did not fool me.
I will come back for proven with 4900 vs F2000 differences after talk with Mark.
Mark is very straight forward guy. He will never create words for any reason.
Dave, you are right. If there are any none fact exist that is my believing and trust company i choose to work with no intention of deliver lie. Not my style.

Last edited by allamerican; January 23rd, 2014 at 04:23 AM..

Old January 23rd, 2014 Jan 23, 2014 3:27:48 AM -   #28 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Also,
There are two different Printhead systems
Thermal and Inkjet.
Many desk tops are thermal. Fax, label--etc. many brother's little printers. Does Printhead was manufactured by Brother? While current DTG is not.
What we are dealing with is Piezo Inkjet. Epson is the company who is mastered on Inkjet.
Cheers! Love forum.

Last edited by allamerican; January 23rd, 2014 at 03:54 AM..

Old January 23rd, 2014 Jan 23, 2014 4:14:09 AM -   #29 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw

And anajet still instists that Sprint is not R1900 but their own developed engine. I don't belive sales talk. If the rep says so ask him kindly Peter what is the difference.
allamerican likes this.

Old January 23rd, 2014 Jan 23, 2014 4:48:41 AM -   #30 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
And anajet still instists that Sprint is not R1900 but their own developed engine. I don't belive sales talk. If the rep says so ask him kindly Peter what is the difference.
LOL,
Anajet and Epson are different animal.
Mark is not a salesman. He is higher up who manage whole product and market. Lead Dog. I already shoot email. I hate bother Epson but hey my reputation is on line. I Will never bothered them with common senses and never did except this one.
Cheers! Do you need demo to test since you are very vocal here. Lol. Have 11 demos.

Last edited by allamerican; January 23rd, 2014 at 05:05 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
Smalzstein (January 23rd, 2014)

This is a discussion about Epson set up is~ that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in