Epson SureColor DTG Purchasing Questions - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson SureColor DTG Purchasing Questions

Like Tree6Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 28th, 2013 Nov 28, 2013 9:32:43 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Talking Epson SureColor DTG Purchasing Questions

I need to know what the bottom line is for this new EPSON DTG.

All questions are Espon F2000 Vs. GT-361
Is it better or worse than the Brother GT-361?
Ink Costs Vs. GT-361?
Maintenance vs...?
Warranty?
Image Quality?

We are buying our first DTG now and don't want to Beta Test, is the Epson legit? Or Should we go with the proven GT-361?

Excited and very nervous all at the same time. We're ready to put down$$$ tomorrow.

Regards,

Joshua
(Moxie Printing)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2013 Nov 28, 2013 10:21:54 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: jgabby
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default Re: Purchasing Questions

Could be dangerous to be a beta tester.
In Italy almost 2 years ago the first delivered aeoon had many many issues. (all solved by now)

this thread should interest you
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/direct-...g/t187192.html
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to jgabby For This Useful Post:
allamerican (November 30th, 2013)
Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 2:34:28 AM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,068 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS2013

Ink Costs Vs. GT-361?
Maintenance vs...?
Warranty?
Image Quality?

We are buying our first DTG now and don't want to Beta Test, is the Epson legit? Or Should we go with the proven GT-361?

Excited and very nervous all at the same time. We're ready to put down$$$ tomorrow.

Regards,

Joshua
(Moxie Printing)

Good questions. Both are good printers. The Epson does offer some differences.
Epson has spent several years developing the F2000 Printer. It has been beta tested at different printing companies over a long period of time. As for image quality, you can find quite a few threads on the Forums on the print quality of Epson based direct to garment printers versus Brother printers. The overall feeling is that the Epson ones produce superior looking prints. Ink costs will be less with the Epson. You can see that by just checking the price of the inks from the 2 companies.

The Epson will also come with a better warranty. It includes free onsite service if needed. The warranty also covers the printhead. By comparison, this is not included in the Brother warranty.

_
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to equipmentzone For This Useful Post:
red514 (December 2nd, 2013)

Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 2:54:17 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
We can all make guesses, but until the end users have the Epson in hand, there is no way to really compare the two outside of the beta users. Since beta is not a finished product, it's not a fair comparison.

Quote:
Ink Costs Vs. GT-361?
It's my understanding that the color inks are still more expensive on the Brother, but they have reduced the white ink pricing that falls more in line with the Epson.

Quote:
Maintenance vs...?
I'm not sure about the Brother, but there should be some talk on these forums. The maintenance for the Epson can be found here: https://www.t-shirtforums.com/epson-s...s/t267401.html

Quote:
Warranty?
As already mentioned, the warranty on the Epson will cover all parts and labor, including the printhead for 1 year (extended up to 5) and a tech will be on site the next business day (within 24 hours) to address any issues that couldn't be taken care of over the phone.

Quote:
Image Quality?
Image quality is relative. I've seen great prints on both.

Quote:
The Epson has been beta tested for quite some time, but with all products, as it hits the market to a broader user base, it's inevitable that there will be things needing addressed. My guess is it would be more software and not hardware, but time will tell. I don't believe it will be a deal breaker. It will depend on what level of comfort you have with working with a new product on the market.

I don't have additional answers for the Brother printer(s), but I'm sure others can fill in the gaps I left in answering.

Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 4:56:26 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:

Regards,

Joshua
(Moxie Printing)
Your nervous is sign of intelligent.
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/epson-s...t280505-2.html
Look into deal until last moments.
Shipping?
Training?
Is there any package?
What RIP? And how much?
Does RIP the must? Really will make different?
If you can make your bet on 4th quarter on football will you do that or not? You will be rich in short time. Let the game start first now we are having tail gate party
So simple but we as human can't do this always. Lol.
So you won over your nervous and be the Brave(?) man then what will you have? If your awards are big I will match that rewards. Get more answers is the key of success.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Last edited by allamerican; November 29th, 2013 at 05:39 AM..

Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 8:04:25 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Well Epson white ink dosen't really have to be lover since the lower viscosity and drople't it maybe nessecary to lay more ink for good white coverage (If my understanding is wrong please correct me).
allamerican likes this.

Old November 30th, 2013 Nov 30, 2013 4:48:38 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Bryan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

(Moxie Printing)
Too few people talking about this printer right now. Mostly comments from dealers with their own product being in the cross hairs. I was set to buy a 381 until the Epson was announced. I printed on a 541 for almost a year (1000's of prints I designed). Met with Brother a couple weeks ago and could not get them to budge on their 90 day head warranty.... even though they kept claiming it to be the best in the industry. Doesn't make sense. Let's see.... many use an Epson print head in their printer designs.... great prints.... so as an end user, why not go with Epson at a lower price (compared to some) but with a warranty that NONE can touch. JMHO.
JCS2013 likes this.

Old December 1st, 2013 Dec 1, 2013 6:34:54 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

We will not know until Epson shows prices of their printhead if the warranty is really so great.

I would preffer to change the head in an hour myself than wait even 24 hours for technitian.

The Following User Says Thank You to Smalzstein For This Useful Post:
ksergentakis (March 30th, 2014)
Old December 1st, 2013 Dec 1, 2013 6:12:53 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Epson SureColor DTG Purchasing Questions

If post was Brother Vs Epson is more intresting.
1.Brother.
it is upgradable.So if you buy smyk model then no need to buy another machine again for white ink model.Brother advantage.!!!
Brother Gt361 first introdused about 2 years before !!!!.no betta test.!!!
It is first "Lower Maintenance" machine on the market and only customer trusted printer.See in this forum.If you are looking for an " experience" it is brother advantage.
Brother ink now lowered.And final per print cost is about same to Epson.But you can use other ink on brother.for example FIREBIRD ink.
Near future it is possible=per print cost is much lower than Epson.about 2-3 times.For epson you cant use other chepper ink.So if you are experienced on Brother=it is your future.

For printer price Brother Gt 381 is now about 25k.But by trade in programm =20k.same to Epson. Brother Gt 381 is more faster printer than Epson.Brother Gt 361 equal to epson and cheapper than epson.Epson can forced Brother downized they ink and printer price.It is good thing!!!epson Wins.!!!!!!!!!!!!.lol

For warranty Epson wins as "claimed".But for Brother no need such "warranty".because it is tank like built.never heard broke down or big issue.1 year print head warranty is nt surprise.Even modifers printers now have 1 years warranty on print head.!!!!!!.If you going to epsons warranty it is 5-6K.

For print quality both are same.most Brother's dont use RIP as epson. If you prints Lot of photoralistic image then you can buy RIP extras.But most people liked only GRAPHIC design.NOT FULL COLOR.SEE round your people .What shirt are they wear?.Even people Who tried "quality" is number 1 =wear no full color shirt.!!!!!!!!.If you remove the RIP from such "quality" printers then they even cant print anything.Brother,Epson both can print without RIP.
At last brother can did Epson's doing now 2 years before.So Brothers next toy will be of caurse a head ahead epson.
2.Epson.
If i was modifer ,only thing i can Copy is some maintenace function.white ink recycle+FILTER, and automatic "toliet" paper.
at last ofcaurse Epson is big thread to Brother.it is best thing for endusers.
allamerican likes this.

Last edited by erka; December 3rd, 2013 at 04:25 PM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erka For This Useful Post:
allamerican (December 2nd, 2013), Rodney (December 2nd, 2013)
Old December 2nd, 2013 Dec 2, 2013 7:41:14 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Agree with most of part.
Good point. I like your Beta vs. Real True. More over on Service too.
Epson presents made Brother drop the Ink price. If Epson wasn't here Price will the same.
Brother ink replace by Firebird is very possible. Once they sold as refill. Brother made some move on ET (firebird) become quite for while. I think worked with Spectra cartridge company in MW.
Once AA was offered to sell to Brother owners but passed. Didn't want to step on Brother's toe.
Q1. Don't you see someone will crack Epson ink chip soon? When demands are build? While Chinese did to all printers exist on earth?
Q2. Epson makes head, Brother buys head from Kyocera. Who's will be lower?
Q3. If you want to eat Steak will you go to Outback or Red lobster? Who is more oriented on printing industry?
Q4. Brother can extend warranty on head is very possible. Also, Epson can lower the ink price too. Impossible?
Q5. Who's quality will be better while speeds are neck to neck? Epson, cuz DPI majorly.
You gave up on quality because your customers are not asking High Quality(HQ), Fade or perfect colors but believe or not there are many customers who wants HQ. So, when HQ customers come in your shop will you say "I am no good on this than Other printer owner?" None sense IMO. Do well on both world is the sense.
More to come, meeting to go in.

Last edited by allamerican; December 2nd, 2013 at 07:55 AM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
NZACO (December 2nd, 2013), Smalzstein (December 2nd, 2013)
Old December 2nd, 2013 Dec 2, 2013 8:05:03 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erka
If i was modifer ,only thing i can Copy is some maintenace function.white ink recycle+FILTER, and automatic "toliet" paper.
at last ofcaurse Epson is big thread to Brother.it is best thing for endusers.
As an Modifier IMHO is I posted so may times on circulation system.
Attachment device is on he market for less $150. All modifiers can buy this and attach it.
Majority of troubles coming from Head and Damper.
This system WILL NOT effects these area. INK line only where next zero issues.
Why do they need filter in system? Because while circulate TI02 will build up on all corner, valve, connector --etc. they have to filter out these otherwise head and damper will go so fast.
So~, why create something to filter out? None sense? Or Have Sence?
Basic never changes in my book while I am sure there are someone who disagree.

Last edited by allamerican; December 2nd, 2013 at 10:23 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
erka (December 2nd, 2013)
Old December 2nd, 2013 Dec 2, 2013 5:31:10 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Ok.Who made everything isnt always Number 1.Epson too.There are too many big competitors on the market who cant or dont want to make all thing including print head/ sublimation,desktop,larg format UV printer etc./.Japanese can do all needs to make a car.Koreans cant all things ,they buy engine from german.But who can say korea isnt big car manufacturer.

I understand All Epson RESELLERS.But i cant belive THAT epson can do boommm.!!!.Because all Biggers always divide smallers /buyers/ each other.See former poland,see korea,see whole global history.They never match each other.
Brother marketing is now DEFENCE strategy.

So All his former buyers is enough for them..So dont want Brother users to move to Epson.And all "Richer"users allready buyed Brother machine. .
Only former epson modifer users will go to epson.But production shops dont.Only some resellers.Why some?.All they experinced epson modifecated machine enough.Daily maintenance is no more difficult for them.So they maybe dont want to move more expensive ink machine.Because they ink price cruzy dropped!!!!.and 2-3 ink company ready to lunch.Modifecatad printer price also downized.
And some production=modifer companies like DTG,Anajet etc will do new function maintenance field and to move to non epson printhead.This reason is stop they wish to buy epson dtg.
What do you think How many Neoflexers to buy epson near future?.I think not many.Dtg Kiosk and Anajet sprint,T-jet owners will go to Epson.But to many reasons i wrote above cant buy Epson.
See some post allready=waiting,intresting your and Resolutes entry level A3 printer.
And Epsons only advantage is some maintenance.But it has cost!!!!!.And modifers can go this way very easy.At last Brand name and tooo many "servisman" left for Epson,Nobody choice Epson only this reason.for superior Warranty is folk!!!!.
Yes there are thousands of epson service center round the world.And you really belive that Epson servicman going to your home for only change anything under 24 hours?.Yes will be.But you pay his cost.How much?

Last edited by erka; December 3rd, 2013 at 05:23 PM..

Old December 2nd, 2013 Dec 2, 2013 6:33:37 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
As an Modifier IMHO is I posted so may times on circulation system.
Attachment device is on he market for less $150. All modifiers can buy this and attach it.
Majority of troubles coming from Head and Damper.
This system WILL NOT effects these area. INK line only where next zero issues.
Why do they need filter in system? Because while circulate TI02 will build up on all corner, valve, connector --etc. they have to filter out these otherwise head and damper will go so fast.
So~, why create something to filter out? None sense? Or Have Sence?
Basic never changes in my book while I am sure there are someone who disagree.
Yes i agree this.
One time you wrote exellent example about circulation system as our blood system.Filter is more important than others.So I wrote White ink recirculation+Filter.

Filter will one of key thing other modifers maintenance function.
If you and others can install Recirculation system / yes some modifers allready have it /on own printer and put THE FILTER one of key position ,then no need to afrade or to "praise" Epson.

Filter is soooo cheapper,and can do many diffrent ways....no break others patient.Filter is epsons best conception.And Epsons another exellent thing is print head Wiper.i named it automatic "toilet" paper.everyone can do it diffrent ways.No need more technical knowledge.But very usefull.No afrade to take good example..This is right way.No secret.No need Big company such as Epson to do this .

Yes "quality" is imortant success.So add some easy functions.
competition is always good to endusers.So i cant see epsons absolute advantage.

Last edited by erka; December 3rd, 2013 at 04:35 PM..

Old December 2nd, 2013 Dec 2, 2013 6:41:29 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Smile Re: Epson SureColor DTG Purchasing Questions

Quote:
Q1. Don't you see someone will crack Epson ink chip soon? When demands are build? While Chinese did to all printers exist on earth
Why someone? You can crack it.But who will go to police?

Last edited by erka; December 3rd, 2013 at 04:14 AM..

Old December 3rd, 2013 Dec 3, 2013 3:02:20 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Epson is legit, cheaper ink, cheaper printer, better prints.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to loloxa For This Useful Post:
allamerican (December 4th, 2013)

This is a discussion about Epson SureColor DTG Purchasing Questions that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in