Epson SureColor DTG Purchasing Questions - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson SureColor DTG Purchasing Questions

Like Tree6Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 5th, 2013 Dec 5, 2013 7:54:37 AM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Bryan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson SureColor DTG Purchasing Questions

[QUOTE=loloxa;1616377]
Quote:
Originally Posted by erka

Point 5: Here I disagree, maintenance wise I think Epson have gone towards capitalizing on maintenance with consumables, a point that is my only thumbs down, although the prices are not ridiculous, it still more expensive to buy a cleaner roller for the F2000 than it is to clean your wiper.

until next time.
I may be wrong but I believe that the maintenance items on the Epson are all snap in and snap out. Yes they may be more expensive but I think it is a great step forward not to have an employee (or owner) have to take a tool to the machine for normal periodic maintenance. I have watched videos on other machines necessitate a dozen screws being removed just to get to maintenance items. It seem that rather than eliminating procedures epson is just making them easier(and quicker). That was a positive in my decision to go with the F2000.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 5th, 2013 Dec 5, 2013 8:09:45 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill

I was told different by the person who is in charge of this project. I asked this specifically and they told me you cannot convert one to the other. I wouldn't say your point is fact until we get some clarification.
Straight from the epson literature.....I might be reading it wrong tho.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f2000.jpg (139.7 KB, 48 views)

Old December 5th, 2013 Dec 5, 2013 8:11:06 AM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

[QUOTE=4u2bSeen;1616465]
Quote:
Originally Posted by loloxa

I may be wrong but I believe that the maintenance items on the Epson are all snap in and snap out. Yes they may be more expensive but I think it is a great step forward not to have an employee (or owner) have to take a tool to the machine for normal periodic maintenance. I have watched videos on other machines necessitate a dozen screws being removed just to get to maintenance items. It seem that rather than eliminating procedures epson is just making them easier(and quicker). That was a positive in my decision to go with the F2000.
I don't need to use a single tool to clean My printer. Others might differ.

Old December 5th, 2013 Dec 5, 2013 9:19:06 AM -   #34 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Straight from the epson literature.....I might be reading it wrong tho.
This should be the initial setup. Once you do this, it cannot be changed, that is why you need to decide which one you want to purchase ahead of time.

Old December 5th, 2013 Dec 5, 2013 9:51:58 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
This should be the initial setup. Once you do this, it cannot be changed, that is why you need to decide which one you want to purchase ahead of time.
100% sure you cannot go from YMCKWW <> YMMCCK, but pretty sure you can choose to go from YMCK-CLCL(cleaning fluid) <> YMCK-WW, ALAS from the GT3 341 <> 361 <> 381 ( isn't this the whole point of this post? comparing the two printers?).

So if someone wants to start slow choose the white mode but buy only 4 color and 2 cleaning cartridges( which are much cheaper) and then eventually load the white when they feel comfortable,they could, no matter what the sales pitch is.

Old December 5th, 2013 Dec 5, 2013 10:01:45 AM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jim

We once owned a very expensive DTG printer brand new on the market. Serial number 13 I think.

That, and this thread, are the reason that I am going to hold off on purchasing this new machine.

I do think it looks very cool.

As to DTG machines being to expensive... We have printed almost 150,000 t-shirts on our two GT-541 printers. They are cheap.

Old December 6th, 2013 Dec 6, 2013 7:56:54 AM -   #37 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
but pretty sure you can choose to go from YMCK-CLCL(cleaning fluid) <> YMCK-WW
I don't have confirmation of this, but it does make sense. It's my understanding that you cannot switch over between white and a non-white printer. I would consider the cleaning fluid a white printer because the slots would be designated for white when someone wanted to move forward with white ink printing.

Old December 6th, 2013 Dec 6, 2013 8:08:02 AM -   #38 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,068 Times in 915 Posts

[QUOTE=4u2bSeen;1616465]
Quote:

You are correct. The maintenance parts on the F2000 were designed to make them all easily installable by the user. It should be snap out, snap in.
_

This is a discussion about Epson SureColor DTG Purchasing Questions that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in