Epson SureColor F2000 Deposit Made - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson SureColor F2000 Deposit Made

Like Tree8Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 26th, 2013 Nov 26, 2013 8:23:22 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Bryan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Epson SureColor F2000 Deposit Made

First thing, I am really looking forward to the day when fellow F2000 owners can populate this forum and ask/answer our questions and share concerns. Not that the dialog among dealers isn't interesting... there just seems to be a lot of drama from time to time.

Not sure what demographic I fit in concerning Epson but I plan to be in their medium to high volume target market within a year or so. I am a start up and this will be my first printer. It has not been without months of research though. I even worked 10 months for a DTG printer to see if this is what I want to do when I grow up. (Now at 52, I know it is and at 52 I can now finally afford to do so!)

It has been my 18 month goal to purchase a printer by the end of this year. Up until a month ago was set to pull the trigger and then found out about Epson. Glad the business plan was in pencil. Making a $20k purchase of something unseen and unproven might sound as though I am a perfect target for a telemarketer. But that isn't so. But with the Epson name "and" the attention the industry leaders are giving it, I think it was a wise business decision.

Many of the Epson dealers have reached out to me but I chose to go with Equipment Zone.(Thank you Harry and Terry!) The offer of "at my site install and training" was important to me. Others are talking about rip's and so on that they will offer, but with my background in graphics and printing I would probably end up doing it on my own anyways.

So with a delivery date in January, I will keep everyone updated as to what I hear. Still setting up my shop but I am in the "hurry up and wait mode." Would be great to hear from others on the list.

Last edited by 4u2bSeen; November 27th, 2013 at 08:16 AM..

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 4u2bSeen For This Useful Post:
allamerican (November 26th, 2013), ASID Clothing (November 27th, 2013), Rodney (November 27th, 2013), Smalzstein (November 26th, 2013), spiderx1 (November 29th, 2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 26th, 2013 Nov 26, 2013 9:12:54 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: jgabby
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default Re: Epson SureColor F2000 Deposit Made

So many mess around this printer... for what ? see reseller fighting on the forum lol

The only think I see is ink is more expansive, printing time like others, you can not touch anything without voiding guarantee, definitely not for me...

Good luck with your purchase maybe I will got one used in 5 years ^^
allamerican likes this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jgabby For This Useful Post:
allamerican (November 26th, 2013), mrdean78 (November 26th, 2013), Smalzstein (November 26th, 2013)
Old November 26th, 2013 Nov 26, 2013 10:40:27 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Love to see brave man~.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Old November 26th, 2013 Nov 26, 2013 11:46:55 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Good Luck! I hope you made a good choice

You will be one of the first so keep us updated.

Old November 26th, 2013 Nov 26, 2013 6:58:15 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
Love to see brave man~.
Not much confidence from an Epson distributor... I think this was a good decision on my part.

Question? I know what the overall dimensions of the printer are from the literature, but does anyone know what the dimensions of the feet are? I'm trying to order a work table and need to know if 30" or 36" is deep enough. My thinking is to get a 30" x 60" table and put a dedicated networked laptop next to it to print from. Something like this Series HG - Three Shelf Mobile Table - DC Graves Co., Inc.

Old November 27th, 2013 Nov 27, 2013 3:11:40 AM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2bSeen
Not much confidence from an Epson distributor... I think this was a good decision on my part.

Question? I know what the overall dimensions of the printer are from the literature, but does anyone know what the dimensions of the feet are? I'm trying to order a work table and need to know if 30" or 36" is deep enough. My thinking is to get a 30" x 60" table and put a dedicated networked laptop next to it to print from. Something like this Series HG - Three Shelf Mobile Table - DC Graves Co., Inc.
The dimensions of the bottom rubber feet are 28" apart. Obviously you need space behind it, so if it's a 30" table, it would need to set out from the wall a little. The weight needs to hold 220 pounds, which the cart you showed, obviously can. I'd just make sure if it's on wheels, you can lock them so the cart doesn't move around.

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
Rodney (November 27th, 2013)
Old November 27th, 2013 Nov 27, 2013 4:16:20 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
I think he has A LOT of confidence in you and your decision. You are the first publicly known buyer of the new printer and that takes guts. To survive this industry you need guts and you proven you have what it takes!
4u2bSeen likes this.

Old November 27th, 2013 Nov 27, 2013 7:03:58 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekay317
I think he has A LOT of confidence in you and your decision. You are the first publicly known buyer of the new printer and that takes guts. To survive this industry you need guts and you proven you have what it takes!
If that is what he meant then I appreciate his confidence and your kind words. Ready to go to work and there is still lots to do.

Thanks Jerid. 36" wide might be a safer choice. If I put the printer at an angle in the corner of the room there should be enough usable space behind it. The cart is 30" high which I think should be ok.

Last edited by 4u2bSeen; November 27th, 2013 at 07:16 AM..

Old November 28th, 2013 Nov 28, 2013 3:05:18 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Peter

I recently watched the printer in action at the Graphics Canada Show.
It was getting lots of attention.
A Brother dealer was also there displaying and a Anjet dealer too.
I think these Epson units is going to change the game.

Stahls is taking deposits on the printer. Delivery in 2014.

Mmmm!?

Peter

Old November 28th, 2013 Nov 28, 2013 3:06:55 PM -   #10 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimagedesign
Stahls is taking deposits on the printer. Delivery in 2014.
Actually all the dealers have been since October.

Old November 28th, 2013 Nov 28, 2013 3:47:00 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
Actually all the dealers have been since October.
Oh!?

I guess it's been awhile since i was on their site last.
Time fly's.

This DTG printer stuff is a head spinner.... well for me!

I guess in the scheme of things DTG business is still in it's infancy.
And compared to other apparel decorating options.

Apart from Brother this (Epson) is the only other established brand.

Do you think the Epson will be a game changer?

Old November 28th, 2013 Nov 28, 2013 3:52:29 PM -   #12 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I believe Epson entering the market is setting the bar to the bare minimums of what DTG should be. Their technologies will advance as they continue, but they already started with some new technologies for the market, so my guess is, they'll do well.

Old November 28th, 2013 Nov 28, 2013 8:22:22 PM -   #13 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Charles
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,353 Posts

I think the F2000 will change things because until now we have companies taking another company's product, modifying it to do a function which was not intended with ink that was different from the OEM ink.now we have only the manufacture to deal with...one source for the product...no modifications..ink intended for the machine etc..seems more simple to deal with...time will tell.....added that the brother and the very high end units..the over 30 k plus printers may be different.

Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 3:01:29 AM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles95405
with ink that was different from the OEM ink
I agree with your other points, but in this case, one has to remember, the inks that are used in the Epson heads today are created to be used in these heads. It's how the ink is processed before it enters the head that makes a difference. DuPont has been doing this for a long time and Epson has just started. At first glimpse, it appears Epson has done a great job with their inks and if they prove to wash well with vibrant colors and the white ink isn't problematic, then I suspect DuPont would step up their R&D to provide an even better ink.

So even though I don't think Epson inks are better simply because they are the OEM, I do believe it will force all ink suppliers to get aggressive and offer even better products.
allamerican likes this.

Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 3:09:20 AM -   #15 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,068 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:

It has been my 18 month goal to purchase a printer by the end of this year. Up until a month ago was set to pull the trigger and then found out about Epson. Glad the business plan was in pencil. Making a $20k purchase of something unseen and unproven might sound as though I am a perfect target for a telemarketer. But that isn't so. But with the Epson name "and" the attention the industry leaders are giving it, I think it was a wise business decision.

Many of the Epson dealers have reached out to me but I chose to go with Equipment Zone.(Thank you Harry and Terry!) The offer of "at my site install and training" was important to me.

Bryan,

Thank you for your order. The new F2000 has been extensively beta tested by Epson so you made a safe business move.

_

This is a discussion about Epson SureColor F2000 Deposit Made that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in