Epson Garment Creator Software - Page 6 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson Garment Creator Software

Like Tree76Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 11th, 2014 May 11, 2014 5:03:50 AM -   #76 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson Garment Creator Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
You did open possible Argument points and you aimed someone without Named.
Now you want to this disappear. Typical~
Let me clarify my statement in my original post for you Peter, so that perhaps you can understand that it wasn't some under handed comment.
I don't need to make digs at you, you are not on my radar.

I said
"You also have more control in a RIP on how much white you put under dark areas (and on Color shirts black areas), so in theory you can always save on white with a RIP vs GC, but according to Epson if you don't put white between a color and a pre treatment then it will fade more in when washed. So beware."

In our RIP the Cadlink Digital Factory Apparel we have a (a slider) called underbase strength so that users can control how much white is used in dark areas. This is also covered in our videos.
The Beware was letting customers know that if you reduce the amount of white under dark areas it may affect how well they wash, that's the message I was trying to get across.

FYI. If you don't believe me, go to youtube and search for Digital factory Apparel and watch the
Digital_Factory_Apparel_Queue&Job_options
The underbase strength is covered approx 6mins into the video.

I really hope this puts a line under this area of the discussion.

Now you can add me to my own Beware list that you seem to be keeping for me......LOL

Best regards

-David

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cavedave For This Useful Post:
api (May 11th, 2014), Resolute DTG (May 11th, 2014), scuba_steve2699 (May 11th, 2014), Smalzstein (May 11th, 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2014 May 13, 2014 3:59:03 AM -   #77 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Heading to EU this afternoon. Portugal-Austria- Germany(FESPA) for 2 weeks.
I hope we will meet there. Beers are on me always.
I know Katari RIP saves INK cost 40-60% on every print without do any tricks on PhotoShop.
I don't know about your RIP but I am sure it is near.
I put my man's honor on line.
There are no one saying this on forum except me.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

Old July 28th, 2014 Jul 28, 2014 5:51:58 AM -   #78 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Steven
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Heading to EU this afternoon. Portugal-Austria- Germany(FESPA) for 2 weeks.
I hope we will meet there. Beers are on me always.
I know Katari RIP saves INK cost 40-60% on every print without do any tricks on PhotoShop.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.
I would like to see real data and prints that can be physically tested that show a 60% ink savings. There has to be a point where the low amount of ink will affect wash ability or the image itself. Please provide something that we as a group can see and physically test to prove this claim.

Old July 28th, 2014 Jul 28, 2014 5:54:51 AM -   #79 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Also - you claim this on every print. Black shirts and white shirts? I would find it hard to believe such an extraordinary claim as even 40% ink less on a white shirt much less up to 60%.

Please clarify and provide real data to support your claims.
idiver likes this.

Old July 28th, 2014 Jul 28, 2014 6:39:02 AM -   #80 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Most ink savings occur when printing on a black shirt and the black of the shirt replaces the black ink. This is readily apparent in a print that has smokes or fades and a lot of black in the art.such as shadows. Same on white using the white of the shirt. The underbase will look like a black and white photo. I have some extreme cases where it reduces ink cost by several 100% over basic GC settings.not to say that with practice u cannot reduce ink cost in GC, just its a lot more difficult and smokes and fades do not measure up.IMHO.

Old July 28th, 2014 Jul 28, 2014 7:13:13 AM -   #81 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderx1
Most ink savings occur when printing on a black shirt and the black of the shirt replaces the black ink. This is readily apparent in a print that has smokes or fades and a lot of black in the art.such as shadows. Same on white using the white of the shirt. The underbase will look like a black and white photo. I have some extreme cases where it reduces ink cost by several 100% over basic GC settings.not to say that with practice u cannot reduce ink cost in GC, just its a lot more difficult and smokes and fades do not measure up.IMHO.
Thank you Randy for replying to this. I understand what you are saying with the fades and lighter ink coverage and can get the same effect and savings using other RIP software. I use both Garment Creator and Imageworx(Cadlink) and have seen the ink savings between these two. It is very easy to do with the built in black ink reduction and other utilities in the Imageworx or other similar custom RIP software.

I am trying to clarify how Peter is claiming to get such a high ink reduction with his RIP software Kothari(NeoRIP).

Quote:
60% seems very high and for someone to state and that no one else is talking about ink savings seems a bit out of line to me. I have stated along with others on this forum that you can get ink savings by using a custom RIP. I think it is a forgone conclusion that anyone would agree you can do this over Garment creator with little or no interaction other than using the custom RIP software as a drag and drop program. What I am hoping to get is some real data and physical prints showing the 60% savings and subsequent wash testing of those garments to ensure the print is not adversely affected by this huge reduction in ink use.

BTW - I think I may be reading you wrong on this but your claim of:
Quote:
I have some extreme cases where it reduces ink cost by several 100% over basic GC settings.
seems a bit off. If I used 2.3 ml of ink costing $0.87 on a shirt in Garment creator and then saved 100% cost, then I would have used 0 ml of ink at a cost of $0.0. I am sure this is not what you meant and I am reading it wrong though.

Old July 28th, 2014 Jul 28, 2014 7:49:38 AM -   #82 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Steve u are right. Really talking about going the other direction where ink cost were say .70 cents in Neorip then 3.50 in GC. I find that while there is saving in photos or areas of solid coverage such as spot colors it may not be to an extreme. Like everything else, it depends. I do find on the average that ink savings using a third party rip are significant. It really comes down to how they handle smokes, fades, shadows, skin tones and color profiles that reproduce the correctly designed image saving time by not having to do multiple test prints.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiderx1 For This Useful Post:
idiver (August 2nd, 2016), scuba_steve2699 (July 28th, 2014)
Old July 28th, 2014 Jul 28, 2014 8:46:56 AM -   #83 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Steve u are right. Really talking about going the other direction where ink cost were say .70 cents in Neorip then 3.50 in GC. I find that while there is saving in photos or areas of solid coverage such as spot colors it may not be to an extreme. Like everything else, it depends. I do find on the average that ink savings using a third party rip are significant. It really comes down to how they handle smokes, fades, shadows, skin tones and color profiles that reproduce the correctly designed image saving time by not having to do multiple test prints.
That makes more sense on the ink cost

Old October 11th, 2014 Oct 11, 2014 2:31:35 AM -   #84 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

question about garment creator,

i have uploaded 3 images, 1=preview of setting for white ink only. 2=preview of white underbase for dark shirt setting
3= original image (random image from internet)

how can i get the the white layer quality like in image 1, for setting dark shirt.
it seems now i need to do print first with white ink setting , than resend the job as if printing on white shirt.

does garment creator have a setting where the underbase looks like the white ink only setting?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (76.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (79.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 3.JPG (79.4 KB, 54 views)

Old October 11th, 2014 Oct 11, 2014 3:45:55 AM -   #85 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

What you are explaining is currently the correct way to do this. EPSON had a beta of Garment Creator that would do what you are asking but it's my understanding they will not be releasing that one. There were issues with it they did not want to release but are aware of the need for this feature.

The only other way to do it without sending two prints is removing the black in Photoshop.

Old October 11th, 2014 Oct 11, 2014 5:35:03 AM -   #86 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Thanks. Its needed indeed so I hope Epson will work on this. I find the output of garment creator better than apparel studio from cadlink ( sorry Dave). ( very grainy dot pattern VS smooth colors in garment creator)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Old October 11th, 2014 Oct 11, 2014 5:51:47 AM -   #87 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Helle
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Has any one tried to make their own colour profiles for Garment creator ? I stated but need to try again. But Garment creator can easily import RGB profiles (I have tested some Adobe profiles).
I really love the program and the fact I can print directly from Illustrator on my MAC, but I do have some issues especially with the light green colors. And I DONT want to use RIP I want to get Garment creator to work and find a way eliminate dithered colors....

Old October 11th, 2014 Oct 11, 2014 7:02:25 AM -   #88 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

how do you print from illustrator to the rip, via the script file? gc_plugin_for_illustrator_v105

ctr+f12 and select script or should i copy the file to the adobe folder. i tried but doesnt work that way

Old October 11th, 2014 Oct 11, 2014 7:41:13 AM -   #89 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Helle

yes, script.... you have to place the script in the right folders, there is one for Photoshop and one for Illustrator....they should NOT be placed in the plug-in folder but script folder, I had it wrong the first time..... when you use it it opens garment creator.....however, I don't think the script work when you print with white ink on dark, there you need to save it as a png file.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copenhagen For This Useful Post:
allamerican (November 14th, 2014)
Old November 13th, 2014 Nov 13, 2014 4:26:59 PM -   #90 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

@ JeridHill could you send me something or anything on how you made your prints come down to 2$ something using gc? And also how to set it? Thnx

This is a discussion about Epson Garment Creator Software that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in