Excellent video of the new Epson DTG printer - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Excellent video of the new Epson DTG printer

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 29th, 2013 Dec 29, 2013 11:20:12 AM -   #16 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: Excellent video of the new Epson DTG printer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb57
I see this as a game changer, in the not so distant future, they'll be selling these at major retailers nationwide, and you guys are going to lead the charge and shoot your self's in the foot every step of the way ? They are simply using you...
Johnny, we've been in this industry before the first printer ever hit the open market (maybe all but Kornit). We know the direction of the industry and I believe the EPSON is a good fit. The reality is, it's not a fit for every company. I did a demo Thursday of both the F2000 and the Mod1. With these particular customers, they could go either way, but it's my opinion they will purchase the Mod1. For their needs, the Mod1 may have slightly edged the EPSON, but not by leaps and bounds. Others simply want the EPSON or it's a better fit, and that's what they purchase. Since it's debut and we've been allowed to sell it, we've sold both ours and the EPSON.

We understand EPSON does not know this industry and in a sense, one could say they are using us. I look at it as we are partnering together and we are helping them while they are helping us. I don't believe there is anything malicious in their intentions. They don't know the industry and we do. They recognized it and wanted us to help them grow their product line. At the same time, we will continue to move forward with studying, designing, engineering and manufacturing our own product line. I believe we can all work together.

I'd also make mention of my previous comment about what happens if we lower our price on the printers. Adding to what I said before, if we lower our printer, we also instantly devalue the price of everyone else's Mod1 printer. If they wanted to resell it, and we dropped our price, they instantly lose several thousands of dollars in equity. Our goal is to continue to advance the industry, not devalue it.

Who knows where the industry will end up, but we have no plans of leaving any time soon.

Last edited by JeridHill; December 29th, 2013 at 11:27 AM..

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
allamerican (December 30th, 2013), clippernate34 (January 2nd, 2014), erka (December 29th, 2013), johnnyb57 (December 29th, 2013), Smalzstein (December 29th, 2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2014 Jan 4, 2014 7:07:26 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Dante
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
Fancy video I like that their software works with Macs.
Agreed!

I still don't understand why Brother didn't create a Mac print driver. I asked a rep at one of the shows and he looked at my like I was nuts.

Me - "Why do you not offer a Mac print driver when so many designers use Macs"

Him - "What makes you think that many people design with a Mac"

I was a little . Ummm...because they do.

Old January 4th, 2014 Jan 4, 2014 9:34:27 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante2004
Him - "What makes you think that many people design with a Mac"
Hahahhahahah

Old January 4th, 2014 Jan 4, 2014 10:02:49 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

I feel one hung bat epson has to work on is their drop size. It's a it's a fixed size and can't be changed. Images that have a lot of fades or bright colors looks grainy instead of smooth.i believe the drop size is about 5x larger than the Neoflex. Not sure how small mod1 can go but guessing it's smaller than epson also. I believe they are keeping larger for speed purposes but it's still not that quick either, with it's one shirt loading.

Old January 4th, 2014 Jan 4, 2014 10:11:01 AM -   #20 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I wonder if utilizing a RIP will help to control ink usage and bring down some of the costs from the stock Garment Creator. Time will tell.

Old January 4th, 2014 Jan 4, 2014 4:24:25 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Rip helps some but they ink still up their. They have some fixed features that can't be changed right away with a rip.

Old January 4th, 2014 Jan 4, 2014 4:35:30 PM -   #22 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 846 Posts

i'll know more after i see this printer in action at the Long Beach show, but after seeing the specs and the prints, this printer doesn't interest me in the least. higher ink cost, one shirt at a time, prints that don't look anywhere as good as what is already out there, and the printer costs more to purchase. so far, i just don't get it.

Old January 7th, 2014 Jan 7, 2014 12:13:29 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23spiderman
i'll know more after i see this printer in action at the Long Beach show, but after seeing the specs and the prints, this printer doesn't interest me in the least. higher ink cost, one shirt at a time, prints that don't look anywhere as good as what is already out there, and the printer costs more to purchase. so far, i just don't get it.
Spiderman I am going to Long Beach as well to make my decision on which DTG to get. I have not seen any samples in person yet of this machine. I am a newbie so looking for big company I know for sure will stand behind it. So was mainly looking at the brother 381 and this epson. I will be bringing my own artwork and want to see who looks the best!! Very excited to go!!

The Following User Says Thank You to clippernate34 For This Useful Post:
allamerican (January 7th, 2014)

This is a discussion about Excellent video of the new Epson DTG printer that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in