Is the Epson SureColor DTG printing at SGIA? Any photos/videos? - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Is the Epson SureColor DTG printing at SGIA? Any photos/videos?

Like Tree11Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 26th, 2013 Oct 26, 2013 4:46:37 PM -   #31 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: Is the Epson SureColor DTG printing at SGIA? Any photos/videos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderx1
When speaking to Larry, the senior Epson rep at SGIA, I ask about the rip, his answer was that the Epson comes with a driver that acts as a minimal rip, he said it really was not a rip but an art program/driver. He also stated that there would be several 3rd party after market rips for the printer.
Again, without speaking to them about this, there would still be a support issue with a third party RIP. So essentially it sounds like if someone wanted a 3rd party RIP, they would pay extra, and the company supplying the RIP would be responsible for the support. I don't want to speculate too much so I'll be sure to get this answered as to who is responsible for support of a 3rd party RIP.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2013 Oct 26, 2013 4:54:22 PM -   #32 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Sounds correct. All indications were that the 3rd party rip would be outside the scope of epson's support. But epson expects them to be available as they have been ask for info from several software companies. They do not seem to be opposed to the idea but it will not be offered by epson! As I understand it.

Old October 27th, 2013 Oct 27, 2013 3:24:53 AM -   #33 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderx1
When speaking to Larry, the senior Epson rep at SGIA, I ask about the rip, his answer was that the Epson comes with a driver that acts as a minimal rip, he said it really was not a rip but an art program/driver. He also stated that there would be several 3rd party after market rips for the printer.
Good discussion was shared. You are the man~.
All Six dealers will have all different RIPs. Cadlink(equipmentzone) iProof(Belqute), Kathari(All Ameican), Auxium(one of above but not Kathari), Lawson(same), Stahl(????, since they are new in this industry but have to have one)
RIP will be one of key components who will be ahead than others.
Training, bundle package, First defense service(major service will care by Epson). I hope all racer will reach to finish line.
All Six will going to have different print outs from same EPSON F2000 at ISS show Jan 2014. I am 100% sure all SIX will be there at every corner because that is the day of real race begins. Like Brother used to be and now. Quo Vadis Brother and Anajet.
Let the Game start
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Last edited by allamerican; October 27th, 2013 at 03:39 AM..

Old October 27th, 2013 Oct 27, 2013 4:27:38 AM -   #34 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

It is my understanding that each of the resellers have XX amount of printers they can sell within the first several months due to a limited supply. So I would think it's not much of a competition, race or a game. We are all on equal footing, and we are all aiding in advancing the industry.

With Epson entering the market, they chose to position themselves as setting a standard others should follow. After spending some time in their booth at SGIA, I'd have to agree. The printer is clean, easy to use and easy to maintain. From here on out with new printers, anything less than that isn't following that guideline. How it's done and implemented, that is where I see the real race being run, not among those selling the Epson product.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
allamerican (October 27th, 2013), red514 (October 31st, 2013), Rodney (October 28th, 2013), scuba_steve2699 (October 28th, 2013)
Old October 27th, 2013 Oct 27, 2013 11:09:35 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Valdez
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This is just my opinion but I really like the idea behind DTG machines. I like the idea of doing full color prints on any color garment. However, I believe the company that revolutionize DTG technology where you can print whenever you like without wasting inks, or having to worry about clogs is a winner in my book.

Old October 27th, 2013 Oct 27, 2013 2:50:47 PM -   #36 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,073 Times in 920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy_1
This is just my opinion but I really like the idea behind DTG machines. I like the idea of doing full color prints on any color garment. However, I believe the company that revolutionize DTG technology where you can print whenever you like without wasting inks, or having to worry about clogs is a winner in my book.

Every printer that is on the market or coming to the market will require attention to maintenance. It is not difficult to do and it all comes down to treating the printer as a business, not a hobby. A business requires attention to the details in order to succeed. Preventive maintenance of your equipment is one of those details.
_

The Following User Says Thank You to equipmentzone For This Useful Post:
Rodney (October 28th, 2013)
Old October 27th, 2013 Oct 27, 2013 3:19:25 PM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Valdez

Harry, let's not sit here and act like that there's no such thing as running a business part time while working a full time job. There are plenty of people doing it. I know people with fully automatic screen printing equipment that they use part time while working. You act as if the DTG machines are not being used full time, then it's a HOBBY. Let's not discourage people with false information. I have the epson Wf 7010 with an attached CIS system and I do not print on it everyday. But when it's time to print on inkjet paper for lights and dark garments, it works every time. We know maintenance will be a key with any equipment, but let's stop it with the HOBBY comments because DTG equipment can be utilize on a part time basis as well. Besides, I don't think anyone in there right mind would consider a 20k investment for Hobby purposes.

Old October 27th, 2013 Oct 27, 2013 3:45:13 PM -   #38 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,073 Times in 920 Posts

I am afraid you misunderstood what I was saying. By definition, a part time business is not a hobby. In fact, a large part of our customer base are people running their direct to garment printers as a part time business while holding full time jobs elsewhere. The beauty of direct to garment printing is that you can do it as a full time business or you can start off successfully as a part time one. What I was referring to is that you need to pay attention to the regular maintenance of the printer and that any printer, no matter which one, will require some degree of following the maintenance instructions. We have seen instances where some people treat the printer almost as a hobby and ignore even the most elementary steps to keeping their units running well. This occurs both in full time and in part time businesses.

_

Last edited by equipmentzone; October 27th, 2013 at 03:50 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to equipmentzone For This Useful Post:
Smalzstein (October 27th, 2013)
Old October 27th, 2013 Oct 27, 2013 6:09:38 PM -   #39 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy_1
Harry, let's not sit here and act like that there's no such thing as running a business part time while working a full time job. There are plenty of people doing it. I know people with fully automatic screen printing equipment that they use part time while working. You act as if the DTG machines are not being used full time, then it's a HOBBY. Let's not discourage people with false information. I have the epson Wf 7010 with an attached CIS system and I do not print on it everyday. But when it's time to print on inkjet paper for lights and dark garments, it works every time. We know maintenance will be a key with any equipment, but let's stop it with the HOBBY comments because DTG equipment can be utilize on a part time basis as well. Besides, I don't think anyone in there right mind would consider a 20k investment for Hobby purposes.
Lol, glad we never stand opposite yet. I hope it will never come.
Interesting, Harry position him in defense mode very quick. I read what you read.
Epson claims.
1. You do not need to use everyday and do not need daily or weekly maintenance. Machine will tell you when.
2. Anything goes wrong replace all. Include Printhead.($400-500) during warranty time. 1yr.
3. All services will be done in 24hours.
4. No training necessary, plug and go unless Buyer want to.
Etc. is this too good to be true? These are what I heard. I never BS any.
So can I mark you as my 2nd Sold after Chad? Lol. Jk.

Last edited by allamerican; October 27th, 2013 at 06:17 PM..

Old October 27th, 2013 Oct 27, 2013 10:41:31 PM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
2. Anything goes wrong replace all. Include Printhead.($400-500) during warranty time. 1yr.
3. All services will be done in 24hours.
ofc they will..... look at ink price lol

machine not working = we are not using ink = no money for them

now we know why they charge outrageous price on ink..... its a cover for all sparepart / printhead warranty lol

Old October 28th, 2013 Oct 28, 2013 5:14:52 AM -   #41 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Consumables are how all mfg make money after the equipment is sold to the consumer.

Old October 28th, 2013 Oct 28, 2013 5:29:59 AM -   #42 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madfenix
ofc they will..... look at ink price lol

machine not working = we are not using ink = no money for them

now we know why they charge outrageous price on ink..... its a cover for all sparepart / printhead warranty lol
Brother ink price is way higher but many of those are on field. Go figure
People just not research enough as you? Or they have own answers ~? LOL. Love this industry. Meet all kind of people.

Old October 31st, 2013 Oct 31, 2013 1:07:45 AM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
All Six dealers will have all different RIPs. Cadlink(equipmentzone) iProof(Belqute), Kathari(All Ameican), Auxium(one of above but not Kathari), Lawson(same), Stahl(????, since they are new in this industry but have to have one)
RIP will be one of key components who will be ahead than others.
Is that true? Six different RIP packages? It can be hard enough to select a DTG printer for many, now one would have to not only choose to make an investment in Epson, but also have to hope they get the best RIP and that it will be well supported? Will this be an additional cost outside of the F2000?

...Donovan

Old October 31st, 2013 Oct 31, 2013 1:21:56 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dono
Is that true? Six different RIP packages? It can be hard enough to select a DTG printer for many, now one would have to not only choose to make an investment in Epson, but also have to hope they get the best RIP and that it will be well supported? Will this be an additional cost outside of the F2000?

...Donovan
hope it doesnt,

what will happen to other country outside us?

since most of them just reseller not a dtg manufacture

Old October 31st, 2013 Oct 31, 2013 4:03:30 AM -   #45 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dono

...Donovan
This reminds me of the Android market and how segmented it became when there were so many different versions of the operating system. IMO, it would be in Epson's best interest to standardize their offerings. They say these are your packages to choose from and leave it at that. Competition drives innovation, but to offer 6 different RIP packages because there are 6 different (current dealers) isn't wise. Not only that, what happens when Epson opens up the floodgates and begins allowing more distributors. If there are 50 distributors, are there going to be 50 different packages? How we handle the rollout of this printer will determine how every other dealer will do the same. I believe the absolute best is way to go is to simply follow Epson's guidelines and get out of the pricing and wars between each of the dealers and simply offer the product to those interested. Unfortunately, the way it's already going, it's proving to be very segmented already and the first machines aren't even delivered yet.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
allamerican (October 31st, 2013)

This is a discussion about Is the Epson SureColor DTG printing at SGIA? Any photos/videos? that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in