EPSON SC F2000 dtg real price not 20k - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

EPSON SC F2000 dtg real price not 20k

Like Tree17Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 20th, 2014 Jan 20, 2014 7:10:01 PM -   #31 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Default Re: EPSON SC F2000 dtg real price not 20k

Cadlink is good RIP. Dave is very knowledgable person. I always have respect toward him.
iProof also. EK rip is most popular on Epson modified field. I am 99% sure all will come up with F2000 rip. exactly same as Modified field now.
However, isn't it little cute Harry saying "find such as this while what I am offering(not saying)" that was funny. I meant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by equipmentzone
Also find out what if any additional services are available such as **onsite training**
Quite a salesman
Was Nobody but him but now all are. Harry made us. Lol.
On site training is going to be social meeting on site. Too easy.
Cheers!

Last edited by allamerican; January 21st, 2014 at 06:14 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2014 May 12, 2014 5:29:36 PM -   #32 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Kurt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi folks, I'm new here and just looking up some info on all this DTG printing, I just bought an Epson SC F2000 and am already very happy with the extra busyness it has brought me.

Here is a link to a youtube post I did with the printer:

http://youtu.be/JtF_wQoW-n4

I wenth for the CMYK+W but I can still reverse it to dual CMYK if I want to, you just need to clean the tubes and reset the machine and it will print CMYKYK.

The only downside for the epson is ink consumtion and not the consumption for printing but for maintanance.
Already did 3 tube washings and several cleanings ( just following epson's instructions on the printer)
After 3 weeks I already flushed two whole white ink cartridges ( 170Euro each) down the drain!!!!

Any one else having this problem with their DTG printers?

Epson's sales rep told me that this is normal if I didn't print to much shirts but it has been running each day and in 3 weeks we printed 804 prints with it!

Old May 12th, 2014 May 12, 2014 6:08:45 PM -   #33 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Did you turn off the auto cleaning for your white ink when powering on? If you didn't, this will do a Medium Cleaning on your white every time you power on the printer. You can manually clean it with a Light cleaning after you power on the printer, saving quite a bit in ink.
JCS2013 likes this.

Old May 12th, 2014 May 12, 2014 6:18:21 PM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Billy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleyweertbvba
Hi folks, I'm new here and just looking up some info on all this DTG printing, I just bought an Epson SC F2000 and am already very happy with the extra busyness it has brought me.

Here is a link to a youtube post I did with the printer:

http://youtu.be/JtF_wQoW-n4

I wenth for the CMYK+W but I can still reverse it to dual CMYK if I want to, you just need to clean the tubes and reset the machine and it will print CMYKYK.

The only downside for the epson is ink consumtion and not the consumption for printing but for maintanance.
Already did 3 tube washings and several cleanings ( just following epson's instructions on the printer)
After 3 weeks I already flushed two whole white ink cartridges ( 170Euro each) down the drain!!!!

Any one else having this problem with their DTG printers?

Epson's sales rep told me that this is normal if I didn't print to much shirts but it has been running each day and in 3 weeks we printed 804 prints with it!
The ink consumption seems to be the biggest concern for some owners of this printer. Epson knew what they were doing with this printer. Ink sales is what they really want, IMO.

A local customer of mine just purchased an F2000 and I will be taking it for a test drive tomorrow. I'm anxious to finally get familiar with one and curious to hear what his thoughts are on it thus far.

Old May 12th, 2014 May 12, 2014 6:33:20 PM -   #35 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
Did you turn off the auto cleaning for your white ink when powering on? If you didn't, this will do a Medium Cleaning on your white every time you power on the printer. You can manually clean it with a Light cleaning after you power on the printer, saving quite a bit in ink.
Yep turned it off last week, first two weeks it was turned on but I found this option in the printer menu and turned it off as this indeed saves us some ink.

thanks for the info anyway :-)

Old May 12th, 2014 May 12, 2014 6:39:39 PM -   #36 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazographics
The ink consumption seems to be the biggest concern for some owners of this printer. Epson knew what they were doing with this printer. Ink sales is what they really want, IMO.

A local customer of mine just purchased an F2000 and I will be taking it for a test drive tomorrow. I'm anxious to finally get familiar with one and curious to hear what his thoughts are on it thus far.
I knew that they did this for my R1800 and R2100 printers but on a 20K printer I would think they would at least help their customers save on ink!

Any way I might have made a bad choise between the Brother and the Epson, maybe I should have gone for the brother but the softer white underbase is why I opted for Epson, The Brother had a thick white underbase that reminded me of our TTRH (Roland Eco-Max printable flex) prints that realy where to think for large graphics and did not have a good feel. The epson has a soft touch for the white but I need to hurry to get some shirts printed as white ink seems to run out realy fast with the tube cleanings :-)

Old May 12th, 2014 May 12, 2014 6:59:10 PM -   #37 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Unless you print large volumes on the Brother, it's my understanding both the Brother and EPSON use about the same amount of ink waste monthly. I'm sure if in wrong, I'll be corrected.
JCS2013 likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
spiderx1 (May 13th, 2014)
Old May 13th, 2014 May 13, 2014 3:49:54 AM -   #38 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

No woman/man is perfect. Same as DTG printers.
They all have pros and cons. But we all have our partner.
If there are printer under 10K$ and ink price is $100 and warranty is good forever and maintenance easy and maintenance cost is near Zero. Gives good quality print out.
I will buy that all day long. Aren't you?
Where is this woman? LOL
Study her before get marry. Safe sex please
No matter what Epson/she has it's own nice Space where I want to stay over.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
JCS2013 (May 13th, 2014)
Old May 13th, 2014 May 13, 2014 7:06:21 PM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
I have to admit, I'm really nervous about blowing my ink into the drain. I wasn't really advised of how much ink would be lost for general maintenance. The only thing I can think of that makes me feel better is I haven't scrapped any shirts because of the printer. Matter of fact only 2 out of at least 50 prints or so because of a bad pretreat. So maybe the savings in shirts will go towards flushing ink down the drain.

Jerid how do you modify the printer settings as you mentioned above? I clicked around the settings and didn't see anything?

Old May 13th, 2014 May 13, 2014 7:22:44 PM -   #40 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I don't have access to a printer at the moment, but I believe it's Menu > Printer Settings > Auto On Cleaning (something like this) > Off

As for the waste, what I tell people is it's $126 per month. If you are printing 125 shirts a month, it's roughly $1 extra per shirt. If you are at 500 shirts, it's roughly $0.25 per shirt, but if it's 50, then it's $2.50 per shirt. So be sure you want to use white ink or at least have the jobs for it. If you do not, the build up then business and use cleaning cartridges in the meantime. This gives you the ability to print without the extra cost. When the business builds up enough, then introduce white ink.

Old May 13th, 2014 May 13, 2014 8:20:27 PM -   #41 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
No woman/man is perfect. Same as DTG printers.
They all have pros and cons. But we all have our partner.
If there are printer under 10K$ and ink price is $100 and warranty is good forever and maintenance easy and maintenance cost is near Zero. Gives good quality print out.
I will buy that all day long. Aren't you?
Where is this woman? LOL
Study her before get marry. Safe sex please
No matter what Epson/she has it's own nice Space where I want to stay over.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.
lol you need a printerwoman hybrid, half woman half printer. They're easy to find lol

Old May 13th, 2014 May 13, 2014 8:26:42 PM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I cannot wait to start using mine should be here from aa on Monday! Already drumming up business and this is gonna change a lot for our little shop

Old May 13th, 2014 May 13, 2014 8:32:34 PM -   #43 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmelwak
I cannot wait to start using mine should be here from aa on Monday! Already drumming up business and this is gonna change a lot for our little shop
Just don't get into the trap of taking orders before you know how to pretreat and print properly. That can usually break you if you don't already know how. There is a bit of a learning curve. I am not trying to be negative, just saying from experience. I did the mistake of taking orders when I didn't know how to do anything AND didn't help that my machine was wired wrongly so didn't even turn on, and manufacturer out of biz week after. I'm sure that you're covered with AA though as far as training. Oh wait, we're you talking about the Epson or Peters printerwoman hybrid?

The Following User Says Thank You to DTGPRINTERPARTS For This Useful Post:
haischool (May 15th, 2014)
Old May 13th, 2014 May 13, 2014 8:39:26 PM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Hybrid lol I wish . I know it's gonna be something that will take time , wouldn't be where I'm at now without all great info on this forum! I chose the viper one so I'm sure it will be an interesting endeavor figuring that out....

Old May 13th, 2014 May 13, 2014 8:49:46 PM -   #45 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

lol hahaha, yeah the forum is great. Just beware of some though. Some people have no idea what they are talking about sometimes

The Following User Says Thank You to DTGPRINTERPARTS For This Useful Post:
Jmelwak (May 13th, 2014)

This is a discussion about EPSON SC F2000 dtg real price not 20k that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in