EPSON SC F2000 ink price - Page 6 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

EPSON SC F2000 ink price

Like Tree8Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 21st, 2014 May 21, 2014 2:23:40 PM -   #76 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Default Re: EPSON SC F2000 ink price

Quote:
Originally Posted by haischool
Is there a particular brush that works better than others for laying down the fibers? Or just a plain soft paint brush would do?
A Wooster brand is a popular choice. Home depot usually has. If not then a very high quality paint brush. They dont leave fibers.

The Following User Says Thank You to spiderx1 For This Useful Post:
haischool (May 21st, 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2014 May 21, 2014 2:51:35 PM -   #77 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Is there a particular brush that works better than others for laying down the fibers? Or just a plain soft paint brush would do?

If you are using an automatic pretreater we find that you do not need to brush the pretreat after the garment has been sprayed. You can just go directly to heat pressing it.

_

The Following User Says Thank You to equipmentzone For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2014 May 21, 2014 3:35:16 PM -   #78 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Every little bit helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to spiderx1 For This Useful Post:

Old May 21st, 2014 May 21, 2014 4:09:41 PM -   #79 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Bryan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

While IA has a larger window for error in applying "too much" pretreat, I am very happy with the results I am getting with the EZ Speadtreater. I know the comment was mad abut not having much room but the entire system sits on a 2ft by 4ft rolling table in the shop that I just move out of the way when I am not needing it. As for using a brush... I am using the dreaded G2000s and I find that just before I press I use a semi hard ink roller to press the fibers down and it helps a lot. Tried a paint roller (Epson should reimburse us for all the shirts this has ruined) and automatic is the only way to go. IMHO

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4u2bSeen For This Useful Post:
equipmentzone (May 22nd, 2014), haischool (May 21st, 2014)
Old May 21st, 2014 May 21, 2014 4:40:55 PM -   #80 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Hai

Quote:
Originally Posted by equipmentzone
If you are using an automatic pretreater we find that you do not need to brush the pretreat after the garment has been sprayed. You can just go directly to heat pressing it.

_

Yes, thanks again harry for getting a technician to help me with the Speedtreater earlier. The thing is amazingly simple to use.

I did some prints on a few tank tops (next level 100% ringspun cotton) and there were fibers sticking up (at setting speed #50). I am still testing out different settings on the machine itself, but I set the Speedtreater to #30-#35 and the outcome was much better (i brushed it down after pretreat as well just to be sure).

will post up some pictures later when i get a chance. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to haischool For This Useful Post:
equipmentzone (May 22nd, 2014)
Old May 22nd, 2014 May 22, 2014 5:41:51 AM -   #81 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Helle

But why is the rolling bad ? the new Epson pretreatment is as thin as water? can you add to much ? if you spray it on will you not roll in the end anyway or ?

Old May 22nd, 2014 May 22, 2014 5:49:55 AM -   #82 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copenhagen
But why is the rolling bad ? the new Epson pretreatment is as thin as water? can you add to much ? if you spray it on will you not roll in the end anyway or ?
If you do not have a well ventilated area for spraying, rolling would be better so as to not create airborne particulates. The problem with rolling is it's time consuming. Spraying is much quicker and I believe helps aid you in using less pretreat, but you are limited on the physical location you can set up to spray.

Automated machines help aid in these issues and can give you the best of both applications, but if it's not in someone's budget, then it's understandable. I've tested rolling preteat on garments back in 2005 and it just was more of a time waster than anything, so I set up the appropriate spray booth with excellent ventilation.

Old May 22nd, 2014 May 22, 2014 6:37:16 AM -   #83 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Bryan

Quote:
Yes the pretreat is thin but even when you put thin paint on a roller and then try to paint a wall, you can see how blotchy it is until you put more pressure and several more coats on. Do a dozen shirts and no 2 will be the same. I was bound and determined also to use a roller as suggested by epson. Fortunately I got the chance to see auto units at the ISS show and the EZ Speedtreator convinced me to not treat this as a hobby but a business. IMHO

Old May 22nd, 2014 May 22, 2014 8:50:14 AM -   #84 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Alex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Yes, thanks again harry for getting a technician to help me with the Speedtreater earlier. The thing is amazingly simple to use.

I did some prints on a few tank tops (next level 100% ringspun cotton) and there were fibers sticking up (at setting speed #50). I am still testing out different settings on the machine itself, but I set the Speedtreater to #30-#35 and the outcome was much better (i brushed it down after pretreat as well just to be sure).

will post up some pictures later when i get a chance. Thanks

If you've got fibers sticking up, try adjusting the pressure on your heat press. Medium to medium-high pressure works best. Also, make sure your cover paper comes off the shirt cleanly and doesn't peel off.

-Alex

Old May 22nd, 2014 May 22, 2014 8:53:03 PM -   #85 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Even with the viper one I started brushing the fibers down with a paint brush and made a world of a difference. also I agree the paper comes off clean after pressing helps.

Old May 22nd, 2014 May 22, 2014 10:09:47 PM -   #86 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Sorry I don't understand the last two posts, what do you mean with the paper comes off clean ? do you mean you press after the pretreatment and the paper should be dry or ? I am a little confused, but I want to take all the advice I can get

Old May 22nd, 2014 May 22, 2014 11:56:37 PM -   #87 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Billy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Sorry I don't understand the last two posts, what do you mean with the paper comes off clean ? do you mean you press after the pretreatment and the paper should be dry or ? I am a little confused, but I want to take all the advice I can get
What they mean is that the paper should come right off without it sticking to the shirt. If you feel like your peeling the paper off the shirt, like you would a sticker, then the fibers would stick right back up and not stay flat causing fibrillation.
Jmelwak likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to lazographics For This Useful Post:
spiderx1 (May 23rd, 2014)
Old May 25th, 2014 May 25, 2014 6:31:30 AM -   #88 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

ok...still a little confused, I use teflon paper sheets and they never stick to the shirt unless they are not dry and paper are not dry.

Old May 25th, 2014 May 25, 2014 7:33:16 AM -   #89 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Thats the point. If everything is dry then it does not stick. But with kraft paper or other silicon papers if not dry then they stick when pulling off the shirt.

This is a discussion about EPSON SC F2000 ink price that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in