Epson DTG printer hits the market and what does it mean for Epson based printers? - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Epson DTG printer hits the market and what does it mean for Epson based printers?

Like Tree37Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 26th, 2013 Aug 26, 2013 12:56:09 PM -   #61 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Default Re: Epson DTG printer hits the market and what does it mean for Epson based printers?

Nothing is on stone. Ink: In Epson's history, they will never married anyone. So~ easy to predict.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 26th, 2013 Aug 26, 2013 1:42:32 PM -   #62 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: C
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default Re: Epson DTG printer hits the market and what does it mean for Epson based printers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymike
That is why he is setting up more NEO Centers around the USA and has the AEOON.
Are you comparing the Aeoon to the new Epson printer being debuted? I say being debuted simply because it's all speculation on what this printer can do or can not do, when it will be ready and when it will be shipped.

I have known Peter for a few years now. He isn't gonna set up Neo Centers based on a speculation of a printer. The NeoFlex put AA on the map, the success of 2 DTG Championship with several owners making the top 10.

I suggest you look into what AA has to offer these "NeoCenters" its more than just a printer its AA products, service and outstanding customer service teams. Plus, the NeoFather himself overlooking the success of these center..

Ok.. got sidetracked and back to the Epson DTG printer.

I feel that Epson is going to use the negative qualities that has plagued DTG and use that to their advantage. I think its going
to kick some DTG brands in the *** and force them to change.

Epson is a printer company and there angle may wake up Brother, Canon, Lexmark, Ricoh and OkiData. We may see these companies wanting to join the DTG market (besides Brother). I could see one or more of these brands releasing their own DTG printer.

Old August 26th, 2013 Aug 26, 2013 2:16:08 PM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: mike
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzabling
Are you comparing the Aeoon to the new Epson printer being debuted? I say being debuted simply because it's all speculation on what this printer can do or can not do, when it will be ready and when it will be shipped.

I have known Peter for a few years now. He isn't gonna set up Neo Centers based on a speculation of a printer. The NeoFlex put AA on the map, the success of 2 DTG Championship with several owners making the top 10.

I suggest you look into what AA has to offer these "NeoCenters" its more than just a printer its AA products, service and outstanding customer service teams. Plus, the NeoFather himself overlooking the success of these center..

Ok.. got sidetracked and back to the Epson DTG printer.

I feel that Epson is going to use the negative qualities that has plagued DTG and use that to their advantage. I think its going
to kick some DTG brands in the *** and force them to change.

Epson is a printer company and there angle may wake up Brother, Canon, Lexmark, Ricoh and OkiData. We may see these companies wanting to join the DTG market (besides Brother). I could see one or more of these brands releasing their own DTG printer.
What I am saying is the NEOFATHER has been in this
business for a long time and knows things are going
to get interesting and is positioning his company
for the long haul.

I have been running my T-Jet for 8 years now and it does the same job as the new printers. 8 years in the digital
is a long time and it is time for some major changes.
MZDEELO likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to crazymike For This Useful Post:
allamerican (August 26th, 2013)

Old August 26th, 2013 Aug 26, 2013 5:03:20 PM -   #64 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

If we know what will happen next 1 minutes, 1 hour, 1day, week, month, year what will happen?
All are lottery winners. No car accident. Never on all accidents. Stock market will disappear. No news ---- do you have anything more?
In order to understand Epson we need time table of least 1st or 2nd quarter of 2014. After Sep' tease, there will be a tons of changes will follow.
But human being always tried their best to foresee the future.
What I was saying was my best of my foreseeing.
Epson's aim is what I said. Time to change Title yet? LOL.
Replace "Epson based printer" to "Others"
All are IMHO.
Money is funny and Change is strange.
Cheers to all. have a wonderful evening.

Last edited by allamerican; August 26th, 2013 at 05:12 PM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
dazzabling (August 26th, 2013), EricDeem (August 27th, 2013)
Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 3:10:16 AM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-ColDesi
I think it is awesome that Epson is jumping into the marketplace. It validates what we have been doing and saying for nearly 9 years now. They will likely position themselves in the $20-25K range and offer the product to non-traditional resellers (non-textile resellers) and smaller VAR type resellers who have not been able to enter the marketplace due to insufficient capital to pick up a "brand".

As a seasoned direct to garment player in this marketplace I see this as only serving to generate more interest in the market as a whole - creating more opportunities for all of us. I'm guessing Epson is in for a surprise when they see the level of support and training involved with direct to garment printing.
My best guess is that this printer will be in the $7,500.00 - $10,000.00 range
"HAPPY PRINTING"
Dan

Last edited by YoDan; August 27th, 2013 at 05:34 AM..

Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 3:23:35 AM -   #66 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDan
My best guess is that this printer will be in the $7,500.00 - $10,000.00 range
"HAPPY PRINTING"
Dan
LOL, try to build foresee ability is wear their shows on your feet. You have been in business longest time. I am sure you do have/build business wisdoms. Mine tells me the number which the number aim to "Others". Not to Modifiers. Do you see? I am sure many will and can. If you read from the beginning you won't never put your number down here.
Cheers to my longest beginning time friend!
I will meet you soon.
I will be in N. CA this or Next week. Meet for coffee?

Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 3:26:15 AM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
LOL, try to build foresee ability is wear their shows on your feet. You have been in business longest time. I am sure you do have/build business wisdoms. Mine tells me the number which the number aim to "Others". Not to Modifiers. Do you see? I am sure many will. If you read from the beginning you won't never put your number down here.
Cheers to my longest beginning time friend!
I will meet you soon.
I will be in N. CA this or Next week. Meet for coffee?
Hi Peter
Just remember my numbers
"HAPPY PRINTING"
Dan
MZDEELO likes this.

Last edited by YoDan; August 27th, 2013 at 05:32 AM..

Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 4:40:00 AM -   #68 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Good to see you back up here again Dan, its been a while. I'm sure Peter has a bit more insight into pricing as Epson has contacted a number of current players regarding the machine recently. My guess is that they are still fishing for a price point and a proper channel to deliver the machines through. The traditional Epson chain is not properly equipped to train and support such technology.

Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 4:43:57 AM -   #69 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
I'll witness for you Peter, Dan is not even half way to the price point of the machine. Just bring my $500 to Fort Worth!
Thank you for be a witness. Your number also off from my number but I will let you skip because you been a nice guy to me these day. LOL.
It is easy math. With your number Epson cannot beat easy to "Others".
My number base on,
Put "Others" Price tag. (Do you know? I don't know exactly).
Divide by kinds. (Exam:M10, M5, 361, 381)
Average plus minus thousands.
If you insist I am open for bet with you too. Lol. I don't think you want to, lol. Because you know Peter too well.
Cheers! Brandies are on me always, Don.

Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 4:52:37 AM -   #70 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I won't bet with you Peter, the numbers I have been given by people who are far more likely to know that I am have ranged from a low of $18,500 to a high of $25,000. The machine prints one shirt at a time and uses a 10 channel printhead (but only 8 are used). It is similar to the head used in the 4900 - meaning it needs a lower viscosity ink than the 4880 and 1900 heads use (I believe the head is the DX6). Indications are that their ink is new and not a remake of any currently on the marketplace. It is my understanding that some software developers have already been sent or are being sent machines to work on RIPs to drive the machine.
MZDEELO likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Don-ColDesi For This Useful Post:
EricDeem (August 27th, 2013), Rodney (August 27th, 2013)
Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 5:03:47 AM -   #71 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
I won't bet with you Peter, the numbers I have been given by people who are far more likely to know that I am have ranged from a low of $18,500 to a high of $25,000. The machine prints one shirt at a time and uses a 10 channel printhead (but only 8 are used). It is similar to the head used in the 4900 - meaning it needs a lower viscosity ink than the 4880 and 1900 heads use (I believe the head is the DX6). Indications are that their ink is new and not a remake of any currently on the marketplace. It is my understanding that some software developers have already been sent or are being sent machines to work on RIPs to drive the machine.
Now this is good information and back to the subject
"HAPPY PRINTING"
Dan

Last edited by YoDan; August 27th, 2013 at 07:24 AM..

Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 5:13:38 AM -   #72 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Good to see you back up here again Dan, its been a while. I'm sure Peter has a bit more insight into pricing as Epson has contacted a number of current players regarding the machine recently. My guess is that they are still fishing for a price point and a proper channel to deliver the machines through. The traditional Epson chain is not properly equipped to train and support such technology.
YES I do know that Epson has contacted a lot of people (Me being only one of them) and I know that they have been studying the market for a very, very long time I also know the questions that they have asked, and the reason that they gathered numbers for a long period of time.
I am doing nothing more here than to voice my opinion here and add to the conversation as I have always done, I think back to when a certain DTG manufacture once told me to watch Epson as one day they may be a player! I do not know where I made a bet BUT it is not uncommon for a certain person(s) to turn things around
"HAPPY PRINTING"
Dan

Last edited by YoDan; August 27th, 2013 at 05:32 AM..

Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 5:57:51 AM -   #73 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDan
YES I do know that Epson has contacted a lot of people (Me being only one of them) and I know that they have been studying the market for a very, very long time I also know the questions that they have asked, and the reason that they gathered numbers for a long period of time.
I am doing nothing more here than to voice my opinion here and add to the conversation as I have always done, I think back to when a certain DTG manufacture once told me to watch Epson as one day they may be a player! I do not know where I made a bet BUT it is not uncommon for a certain person(s) to turn things around
"HAPPY PRINTING"
Dan
I am impressed that Epson contacted you while Don and I were not in their survey. What was the questions? It will give us more hints for guesses.

Last edited by Rodney; August 27th, 2013 at 07:17 AM..

Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 7:17:20 AM -   #74 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,029 Times in 3,228 Posts

Let's keep the posts on the topic please

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
MZDEELO (August 27th, 2013), Resolute DTG (August 27th, 2013)
Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 7:37:26 AM -   #75 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

It must be one interesting thread. Rodney is following up among thousand posts per day.
"Others" will re-structure battle plan is easy to predict and this is must to survive.
Epson Modifiers will get benefit of Epson engine choice was "Best Choice". Epson find out latest, very late. LOL. No husband knows his wife is sexiest in town.
The Price Epson will settle will not interfere Modifiers range. Ink and Hardwares.
More buyers will feel comfortable to buy Epson modified Printers.
This is my book.
Rodney, Dallas TSF Party? Remember? The best. Let us know.

Last edited by allamerican; August 27th, 2013 at 07:57 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
Rodney (August 29th, 2013)

This is a discussion about Epson DTG printer hits the market and what does it mean for Epson based printers? that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in