T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Embroidery

Embroidery Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of embroidery decoration: stitchcount, DST files, digitizing, machinery, garment selection, etc.

I want to Switch Machines! No More SWF Embroidery Machines!!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 8th, 2015 Sep 8, 2015 5:34:40 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: simon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default I want to Switch Machines! No More SWF Embroidery Machines!!

Hello, my name is Simon, and I have been using SWF equipment since 2008, and have been happy with it over all, up until recently. I had a malfunction with my embroidery machine during day time hours at my place of business. The machine started to read Error 202, so I tried to connect with SWF’s customer service department to get some help with this issue, only to find that this company has the most horrendous customer service of any company I’ve ever done business with. Their customer service representatives bounced me back and forth like a ping pong ball, and were very standoffish with me at all points of contact. Finally I got in touch with 2 service technicians who seemed like they knew what they were doing. They told me my X/Y board was the problem, is broken and needs to be replaced. The part alone was $1300, but not only that, they tell me that this part that I just spent over $1000 on needs to be installed by an SWF technician within one week. So I look to find the closest service technician in my area and the closest is Ohio or Illinois, and that it will be an estimated $800 for the service technician to come out!! It is a very simple process to change the board by the way, so I changed the X/Y board on my own, and believe it or not, the machine STILL read Error 202 after I changed the board. So then I spend another entire week trying to reconnect with the service technician who sent me the wrong part to fix my machine, only to have my calls ignored. FINALLY, I reconnected with the tech and he sent me to the Parts Department only to be told that they cannot help me or return the wrong part that they sent me already! So to top it all off, I finally get the part that I need, only to run into another problem with this company in the delivery aspect of things! This was a Friday and they told me they could have it to me by the next day, and that was 4 DAYS AGO!! Still waiting on my correct part to be delivered to me. This company has SERIOUS flaws in customer service and in product knowledge of THEIR OWN PRODUCTS!! So now, I am looking for a new machine, and a new company to deal with that actually cares for their customer and their long term business. Like I said, I used to like SWF. Now I believe they’re one of the worst companies to purchase a product from on the planet. Who can help me find a new company with a good quality machine, good customer service, and a company who cares!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2015 Sep 8, 2015 6:46:36 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: I want to Switch Machines! No More SWF Embroidery Machines!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchbystitch
Hello, my name is Simon, and I have been using SWF equipment since 2008, and have been happy with it over all, up until recently. I had a malfunction with my embroidery machine during day time hours at my place of business. The machine started to read Error 202, so I tried to connect with SWF’s customer service department to get some help with this issue, only to find that this company has the most horrendous customer service of any company I’ve ever done business with. Their customer service representatives bounced me back and forth like a ping pong ball, and were very standoffish with me at all points of contact. Finally I got in touch with 2 service technicians who seemed like they knew what they were doing. They told me my X/Y board was the problem, is broken and needs to be replaced. The part alone was $1300, but not only that, they tell me that this part that I just spent over $1000 on needs to be installed by an SWF technician within one week. So I look to find the closest service technician in my area and the closest is Ohio or Illinois, and that it will be an estimated $800 for the service technician to come out!! It is a very simple process to change the board by the way, so I changed the X/Y board on my own, and believe it or not, the machine STILL read Error 202 after I changed the board. So then I spend another entire week trying to reconnect with the service technician who sent me the wrong part to fix my machine, only to have my calls ignored. FINALLY, I reconnected with the tech and he sent me to the Parts Department only to be told that they cannot help me or return the wrong part that they sent me already! So to top it all off, I finally get the part that I need, only to run into another problem with this company in the delivery aspect of things! This was a Friday and they told me they could have it to me by the next day, and that was 4 DAYS AGO!! Still waiting on my correct part to be delivered to me. This company has SERIOUS flaws in customer service and in product knowledge of THEIR OWN PRODUCTS!! So now, I am looking for a new machine, and a new company to deal with that actually cares for their customer and their long term business. Like I said, I used to like SWF. Now I believe they’re one of the worst companies to purchase a product from on the planet. Who can help me find a new company with a good quality machine, good customer service, and a company who cares!
I am sorry to hear about your problems. I am a SWF Tech and a Dealer. Is there any way I can help you with this situation.

Last edited by splathead; September 10th, 2015 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: Removed telephone number per forum rules.

Old September 8th, 2015 Sep 8, 2015 6:57:16 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Sent you a pm as well. I can help you with other brands as well.

Old September 9th, 2015 Sep 9, 2015 5:14:28 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jennifer

Where are you located? Maybe someone uses a tech they really like that services your area.

Old September 10th, 2015 Sep 10, 2015 5:51:44 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Ted
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Unfortunately, that is how SWF operates. In our case, they at least sent me a couple of boards and accepted them as returns when they did not fix the problem but our machine was still under the electronics warranty at the time. We ended up buying a Y motor from them and paying a tech to install it even though I had already removed the motor to try to find a cheaper replacement. If the tech they recommended installed it and it didn't correct the problem, they would take it back. In the end, all I cared about at the time was getting the machine back up and running. Tech came, had the motor in in about 15 minutes and it fixed the problem....

Old September 14th, 2015 Sep 14, 2015 7:23:11 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbroidTek
I am sorry to hear about your problems. I am a SWF Tech and a Dealer. Is there any way I can help you with this situation.
Haven't heard back from you? Has the issue been resolved? By other brands I mean if you have different brands in your shop. I am familiar with a lot of brands and can help you if that is your true desire if you really wanna switch. I think you may have got a bad opinion from another Tech perhaps or someone who isn't SWF Certified. I have had no issues with SWF customer service or parts and my customers are happy with them as well. I am sorry if you have had a bad experience.

Old September 15th, 2015 Sep 15, 2015 9:32:06 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchbystitch
Where are you located I know a tech here locally that is great and knows swf machines.

This is a discussion about I want to Switch Machines! No More SWF Embroidery Machines!! that was posted in the Embroidery section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in