T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Embroidery

Embroidery Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of embroidery decoration: stitchcount, DST files, digitizing, machinery, garment selection, etc.

redline embroidery machine

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 24th, 2015 Jun 24, 2015 12:31:00 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Adriana
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default redline embroidery machine

Hi,

Can anybody tell me if the brand Redline is a good brand? I am thinking to buy one but I am not sure if this is a good brand.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2015 Jun 27, 2015 11:27:14 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Debbie

Default Re: redline embroidery machine

I purchased one in February. Works great. Company was easy to work with. If I have questions they answer them immediately.

The Following User Says Thank You to debbiew For This Useful Post:
Adrianas0915 (June 28th, 2015)
Old June 27th, 2015 Jun 27, 2015 5:49:51 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Thanked 1,227 Times in 999 Posts

Never heard of of it or seen it at any of the shows

The Following User Says Thank You to binki For This Useful Post:
Adrianas0915 (June 28th, 2015)

Old June 27th, 2015 Jun 27, 2015 6:35:33 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Que
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

just saw one.

Last edited by djque; June 27th, 2015 at 06:59 PM..

Old June 28th, 2015 Jun 28, 2015 8:43:45 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jennifer

I've never heard of it or seen it at ISS AC. I would want to know who makes it, is it a knock of another brand, warranty and service information and see one run my designs. Why are you choosing it over know brands? I checked their site and it looks like its an affordable compact machine. I would want to make sure it will hold up to working 8-12 hours daily for years. What is the resell value? Do you plan to purchase the Perla software they offer? I haven't heard of that either.

Old June 28th, 2015 Jun 28, 2015 12:59:45 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunEmbroidery
I've never heard of it or seen it at ISS AC. I would want to know who makes it, is it a knock of another brand, warranty and service information and see one run my designs. Why are you choosing it over know brands? I checked their site and it looks like its an affordable compact machine. I would want to make sure it will hold up to working 8-12 hours daily for years. What is the resell value? Do you plan to purchase the Perla software they offer? I haven't heard of that either.
Hi Jennifer,
I agree with you. I think I need to get as much information about this machine before I jump into conclusions. And thank you for answering my question.

Old June 29th, 2015 Jun 29, 2015 9:28:55 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Alisa

I've looked at Redline because I need to pick up a 2nd head or maybe even their 2-head machine. My concern is that the company/machine haven't been around long enough to establish a good track record. It's hard to say how well they'll hold up in a truly commercial environment, running 8-10 hours at least 5 days a week for years like a Tajima or Barudan machine will.

They have a couple of facebook groups, one for owners and one for lookers. I'm a member of both and they let me stick around the owners page because I give good advice and don't trash their machines even though I don't own one. They use Tajima hoops and I believe are at least partly made in Japan. They claim the machine is mostly metal, very little plastic and that they're easy to work on.

Old June 29th, 2015 Jun 29, 2015 9:49:19 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingBay
I've looked at Redline because I need to pick up a 2nd head or maybe even their 2-head machine. My concern is that the company/machine haven't been around long enough to establish a good track record. It's hard to say how well they'll hold up in a truly commercial environment, running 8-10 hours at least 5 days a week for years like a Tajima or Barudan machine will.

They have a couple of facebook groups, one for owners and one for lookers. I'm a member of both and they let me stick around the owners page because I give good advice and don't trash their machines even though I don't own one. They use Tajima hoops and I believe are at least partly made in Japan. They claim the machine is mostly metal, very little plastic and that they're easy to work on.
Thank you for sharing this information with me. The problem is that I haven't found a technician here in LA. And I'm concerned that this company hasn't been in business for a long time, so I just don't want to make the wrong decision for my business.

Old June 29th, 2015 Jun 29, 2015 12:27:09 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Alisa

From what I understand, they have 1 technician who offers phone support. He is apparently very sharp and is able to walk you through almost any issue over the phone. If this is so, then it really is a money saver.

Last time I had a tech out, it cost me $250 and he was there less than 30 minutes to just give my machine a once over, set my mind at ease over a issue I thought I had, show me how to grease my machine, and pronounced it clean and in good shape.

Since I think the Redline a Tajima knock off, anyone who works on Tajima should be able to fix any problem that the Redline tech cannot walk you through over the phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to DancingBay For This Useful Post:
Adrianas0915 (June 30th, 2015)
Old June 29th, 2015 Jun 29, 2015 12:56:58 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Dennis

It looks identical to my Highland machine..
Right down to the lables. If that's the case it's Chinese.. But I'm quite happy with mine even after 16 months

Old June 30th, 2015 Jun 30, 2015 3:52:16 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkey121
It looks identical to my Highland machine..
Right down to the lables. If that's the case it's Chinese.. But I'm quite happy with mine even after 16 months
Hi and thank you for answering my question

How often do you run the machine?

Old July 1st, 2015 Jul 1, 2015 2:32:34 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

6 to 8 hrs a day 4 days a week

Old July 1st, 2015 Jul 1, 2015 2:39:01 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

got ahead of myself just keep it oiled. I keep an oil pen in my pocket and use it.. Don't matter what machine you have, maint. is very important.

Old July 1st, 2015 Jul 1, 2015 6:48:32 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jennifer

It would be great if you could hear one run at a show. One criteria I used to initially compare different machine brands was how do they sound when running. If you can attend a show you'll discover some machines "clank" along while others hum. The ones that hum are the "built-to-last" brands where the mechanics work perfectly together so the machine lasts for a long time under heavy work conditions.

Last edited by SunEmbroidery; July 1st, 2015 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: extra word

Old July 1st, 2015 Jul 1, 2015 6:30:51 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jeff

I am a Tech and work on these and many other Chinese brands. Redline sells the machine out of his house/garage and doesn't use techs. He wants people to be able to fix it on their own. My advice to you is to stay away from Chinese machines. There is only 1 or 2 Chinese machines I think are a good machine for the money. If you are interested in a new SWF shoot me a PM since I am now a distributor for Sunstar. I would take a Tajima, Barudan or SWF even a Happy before I ever thought about a Chinese machine

This is a discussion about redline embroidery machine that was posted in the Embroidery section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in