T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Embroidery

Embroidery Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of embroidery decoration: stitchcount, DST files, digitizing, machinery, garment selection, etc.

redline embroidery machine

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 3rd, 2016 Aug 3, 2016 10:36:30 AM -   #31 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Doug The Emb Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: redline embroidery machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbroidTek
The Redline is sold to the Distributor for $5995 by the way and the reseller marks it up to the $7200 to $7500 mark. Either way it is Chinese and only cost $3500 to make it and ship it to the USA. Any Chinese machine has Chinese metal and Chinese metal is not very good. There are very few Chinese factories who make a decent Chinese machine. I believe the Redline comes out of the Feiya plant which isn't a good plant.
This is completely untrue. The Feiya plant does not produce the Redline. Everything in the world is marked up, Redline just simply doesn't mark up as high as other companies.

And many machines, even the biggest brand names, have changed to having their machines or parts from their machines made in China.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2016 Aug 3, 2016 10:39:18 AM -   #32 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingBay
I've looked at Redline because I need to pick up a 2nd head or maybe even their 2-head machine. My concern is that the company/machine haven't been around long enough to establish a good track record. It's hard to say how well they'll hold up in a truly commercial environment, running 8-10 hours at least 5 days a week for years like a Tajima or Barudan machine will.

They have a couple of facebook groups, one for owners and one for lookers. I'm a member of both and they let me stick around the owners page because I give good advice and don't trash their machines even though I don't own one. They use Tajima hoops and I believe are at least partly made in Japan. They claim the machine is mostly metal, very little plastic and that they're easy to work on.
The company has been around for 6 years now. Original owners are still with their machines and still pushing out production. We have big businesses here in Florida running these machines 16 hours a day, 6 days a week and they are holding up.

Old August 3rd, 2016 Aug 3, 2016 10:41:41 AM -   #33 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbroidTek
I am a Tech and work on these and many other Chinese brands. Redline sells the machine out of his house/garage and doesn't use techs. He wants people to be able to fix it on their own. My advice to you is to stay away from Chinese machines. There is only 1 or 2 Chinese machines I think are a good machine for the money. If you are interested in a new SWF shoot me a PM since I am now a distributor for Sunstar. I would take a Tajima, Barudan or SWF even a Happy before I ever thought about a Chinese machine
This is completely untrue. They are not ran out of their house/garage. And the man selling them IS a technician, has been since 1992. They have demonstration machines out of a house in Florida. The one in Texas is the distributor and that is where they come from.

And you might want to find out more about the brands you are promoting. Most these days are actually using parts and having their machines assembled in China.

Last edited by Dougtheembtech; August 3rd, 2016 at 12:26 PM..

Old August 3rd, 2016 Aug 3, 2016 10:44:09 AM -   #34 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianas0915
Hi,

Can anybody tell me if the brand Redline is a good brand? I am thinking to buy one but I am not sure if this is a good brand.

Thank you
I guarantee you they are a great machine! The plant that manufactures is a private plant and one that is great at their job. These machines are going every day into high production and the owners are running them long and hard. And they hold up to the production.

I'd love to tell you more.

Old August 3rd, 2016 Aug 3, 2016 1:07:44 PM -   #35 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Member

I don't know a lot about machines, but I know that there is no way a Chinese machine is anywhere near as good as my Barudan. I had a SWF and I would probably go as far to say it can top a SWF but not a Barudan.

Old August 3rd, 2016 Aug 3, 2016 8:02:27 PM -   #36 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Thanked 1,218 Times in 990 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougtheembtech
Only because they try to keep the prices down and the shows are really expensive.
They look like the SWF machines

Last edited by binki; August 4th, 2016 at 03:50 PM..

Old August 4th, 2016 Aug 4, 2016 5:47:48 AM -   #37 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4
I don't know a lot about machines, but I know that there is no way a Chinese machine is anywhere near as good as my Barudan. I had a SWF and I would probably go as far to say it can top a SWF but not a Barudan.
I have customers who have both. Yes, Barudan is a great machine. But people who own both are still happy with both machines. And they are similar to the Tajima machine. Some companies go above and beyond to make a good product, Redline is one of those companies.

Old August 4th, 2016 Aug 4, 2016 8:00:12 AM -   #38 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Thanked 2,491 Times in 2,209 Posts

There seems to be a heavy push by some here for this manufacturer. Just want to remind everyone about our self-promotion policy. We don't allow self promotion, advertising, soliciting, PM requests, or offering your own products/services. Please familiarize yourselfs with posting rules here: https://www.t-shirtforums.com/forum-i...ion/t1173.html
EmbroidTek likes this.

Old August 6th, 2016 Aug 6, 2016 6:47:58 PM -   #39 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Nikki

I got one about 2 months ago after using a home machine for 2 1/2 years. The manual is unreadable Chinglish. They don't tell you what the parts are that come with it. I was left wondering how to even embroider anything with it. The 'support' is pathetic. They refer you to their You Tube channel and don't specify that most videos there are for a previous model. The woman at Redline does not provide useful help. I called once and was transferred to Orlando, their tech. He was very defensive and unsympathetic and just said nobody else has any problems. Well, I do. When confronted with the fact that I wasn't made aware of a dealer an hour from me before I bought directly from them, he forwarded me to the dealer. The dealer/tech has been out here twice. I keep having the same issue when embroidering something that uses vinyl on both front and back (I do in the hoop embroidery, not shirts and hats and stuff). Constant thread breaks/shredding and birdnesting on the back. I took out my old $300 Brother SE400 and made the items with no problems. Their return window is 15 days with a 15% restocking fee. They are apathetic at best. I am a small business owner, and the unreliability has hurt my business and made me dread having to make anything on it.
EmbroidTek likes this.

Old October 11th, 2016 Oct 11, 2016 5:09:28 PM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Adam

They are a rebadged tajima. I have a highland 1501c which is the same machine. Very durable and easy to work on. Have not had one part break or issue that wasnt operater error. The one i just bought 6 months ago has a break away recipacator which means wont break in event of hitting hoop. So see which model it is. I am very happy with mine.

Old October 11th, 2016 Oct 11, 2016 5:13:09 PM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Adam

Btw way i got mine from mesa and they have machine and software help. They use skype to walk u thru issues such as first setting machine up. I have had to use them one time in 6 months and that was cause i had thread/tension wrong. Otherwise i have not had to buy a part for it other then needles. Check out mesa.com they also sell refurbed for around 6

Old October 13th, 2016 Oct 13, 2016 8:15:04 PM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Bryce

We borrowed am Avancé from a friend of us and the box say made in china My friend say Ricoma made them. This machine seem well build I believe the issues we had is due user error still learning. I guy I know got his directly from China 6 head 15 needle machine for the price on a single head je advice us to go ahead and buy one but we are afraid to do so. More now that many here seem to avoide Chinese made machine.

Old October 20th, 2016 Oct 20, 2016 4:03:07 AM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Hi,
Redline is a good brand, it works great.

Old July 17th, 2017 Jul 17, 2017 3:31:07 PM -   #44 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You get what you pay for is a fair description of the Chinese machines but when you break that down is that really a bad thing? I say not.

When we got into the embroidery business in the mid 90's The best price I could find on a new 6 head machine was $30,000.00 and that was a year old display model that the head of SWF US operations in Miami was willing to sell me. He explained that he could probably sell it for half of that if he didn't have to include the warranty but His head office wouldn't allow him to sell in the US without it.

I then came across the Chinese machines and I was about to buy one from a factory who's name I've forgotten but their machine was not ISO9001 certified. I then found Feiya. The machine, landed in our shop (with about $4,000.00 local import taxes) was $16,000.00. That machine paid for itself 100 times over before we sold it for $7,000.00 about 10 years later.

I'm not claiming that they're as good but they are definitely worth their price, and that was then, I imagine they've improved a lot since.

Old July 16th, 2018 Jul 16, 2018 3:25:25 PM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Rich

Is there any updates from the people that own a Redline? What do you think?

This is a discussion about redline embroidery machine that was posted in the Embroidery section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in