T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Embroidery

Embroidery Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of embroidery decoration: stitchcount, DST files, digitizing, machinery, garment selection, etc.

redline embroidery machine

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 1st, 2015 Jul 1, 2015 6:33:43 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: redline embroidery machine

The Redline is sold to the Distributor for $5995 by the way and the reseller marks it up to the $7200 to $7500 mark. Either way it is Chinese and only cost $3500 to make it and ship it to the USA. Any Chinese machine has Chinese metal and Chinese metal is not very good. There are very few Chinese factories who make a decent Chinese machine. I believe the Redline comes out of the Feiya plant which isn't a good plant.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 1st, 2015 Jul 1, 2015 7:11:44 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

I will add this. I am 34 and from 16 years of experience in this industry and working on 8 brands I see more Chinese machines that fail after 3 years. The motors are noisy and grind a good bit when changing colors. Parts are cheap but then again so is the machine. Most Chinese factories don't make consistent parts. I have ordered tension knobs for machines and seem to get a different one each time. Sometimes the reciprocators are 1 to 2mm off in the opening as well. I normally have take pics of the parts before I order them. I did a RiComa not too long ago that had 5 different variations of color change motors they did for that one year. The best Chinese machine in my opinion is the Highland. Me and some of my Tech buddies refer to Chinese machines as Hamsters. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for and you shouldn't skimp on quality. Some of the Japanese companies like Tajima, Barudan and a few others have plants in China as well.

Old July 20th, 2015 Jul 20, 2015 11:24:17 AM -   #18 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: ANN
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have a Redline 1501 for 2 years and have yet to have a problem with it. This machine is a great beginner machine. The tech is always quick to answer my questions or troubleshooting on any problems I have. Their you tube videos are also very helpful. I prefer to fix things when I can than spend hundreds of dollars on a tech.

The Following User Says Thank You to WingBandit33 For This Useful Post:
Adrianas0915 (July 20th, 2015)

Old January 6th, 2016 Jan 6, 2016 6:06:16 PM -   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member

I saw a Redline work at Everything Applique Conference in Atlanta in April 2015. From what I've researched, and been told by the sales rep, Tajima repair techs quit working for them Tajima to developed a less expensive machine better fit for home embroiderers. The machine is made in China. But Tajima is made in Japan and has a factory in China as well. SWF is made in Korea and Happy is made in Japan. It is a lesser known startup, but all the customer reviews are very positive. Some, who have owned their machines for more than 5 years say they are very happy to be able to fix their own machines or call a Tech who can walk them through almost any problem. And that saves them money and down time in sending it off or taking it in to a dealer somewhere to fix. I have been waffling back and forth between a Happy and a Redline since the conference in April. I wonder if I should go with a well known brand just because it's well known, or save a little bit and give the start up a chance. From all I've read and heard from customers, there is very little to almost no complaints about the Redline. I think I may have talked myself into making a decision. Hope this info helps.

Old January 9th, 2016 Jan 9, 2016 8:01:25 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by red195
I saw a Redline work at Everything Applique Conference in Atlanta in April 2015. From what I've researched, and been told by the sales rep, Tajima repair techs quit working for them Tajima to developed a less expensive machine better fit for home embroiderers. The machine is made in China. But Tajima is made in Japan and has a factory in China as well. SWF is made in Korea and Happy is made in Japan. It is a lesser known startup, but all the customer reviews are very positive. Some, who have owned their machines for more than 5 years say they are very happy to be able to fix their own machines or call a Tech who can walk them through almost any problem. And that saves them money and down time in sending it off or taking it in to a dealer somewhere to fix. I have been waffling back and forth between a Happy and a Redline since the conference in April. I wonder if I should go with a well known brand just because it's well known, or save a little bit and give the start up a chance. From all I've read and heard from customers, there is very little to almost no complaints about the Redline. I think I may have talked myself into making a decision. Hope this info helps.
Tajima Techs did not quit. There was a lay off and change of ownership at Hirsch. In 2008 the market crashed and a lot of Techs were let go. Tajima is assembled in China and parts are Japanese. Is your sales rep that woman who advertises on Craigslist in Tennessee? She actually thinks this Redline is better then the Brother I work on Chinese machines and some of the better named brands like SWF, Happy, Brother, Melco, Barudan and Tajima and I can assure you those machines are worth the price difference.

Old February 1st, 2016 Feb 1, 2016 12:24:00 PM -   #21 (permalink)
Forum Member

Redline Embroidery Machine products come from a consolidated effort by hard working people and we would like to emphasize that we are not associated with people related to other brands. Opinions that have been presented by external vendors do not reflect the core values, mission and vision of Redline Embroidery Machines.

Last edited by splathead; February 1st, 2016 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: Removed website link and email address. Feel free to create a signature and place them there.

Old February 1st, 2016 Feb 1, 2016 2:35:48 PM -   #22 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Que

Since i been in this business well silkscreen and vinyl I see kobe tshirts and lebron tshirts that cost $35 & $45 dollars and laugh cuz I know how much it really cost to make that tshirt. My next machine will be a embroidery machine eiter used or new. I just want good customer service and something I can fix if needed and im very tech minded.

Old July 2nd, 2016 Jul 2, 2016 11:38:31 PM -   #23 (permalink)
DvD
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Dennis

A bit late response but still want to make a comment.

I own a few of these machines from the same factory, i saw the redline been assembled there.
Single head 15 needle and a 15 needle double head.
We also own brother pr60 (first machine).

The "Redline" is a similar machine like the tajima only with different electronics.
The electronics are made by the second largest electronic factory in China.
This manufacturer produces good quality machines compared to some other Chinese brands.
If the same design is embroidered on a Redline or Tajima you will not be able to tell which is done by which machine. (we tried)
The embroidery result is very good.
Definitly better than the Brother pr machines.

Tajima better than Redline?, probable yes, but how much better?
A Mercedes is probably a better car than Ford, you still can drive from A to B.
You still have to sell a lot of embroidered stuff to make up for the price difference.

Hope this helps when considering a Redline.

The Following User Says Thank You to DvD For This Useful Post:
Bbiwbkacq (April 3rd, 2017)
Old July 4th, 2016 Jul 4, 2016 10:28:27 AM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Hmmmm, so how many 1st time posters can we get on a single thread in defense of a product.
EmbroidTek and mikeacg like this.

Old July 4th, 2016 Jul 4, 2016 11:01:33 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCans
Hmmmm, so how many 1st time posters can we get on a single thread in defense of a product.
My thoughts exactly. From what I have seen thus far in my dealing with them is their customer support is non existent and one of the dealers selling the equipment is not very knowledgeable. Half of the people with the 1 post are probably trolls from her Facebook group who have purchased equipment from her.

Old July 4th, 2016 Jul 4, 2016 11:35:35 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbroidTek
Half of the people with the 1 post are probably trolls from her Facebook group who have purchased equipment from her.

Well I wouldn't classify people who had bought from them as a troll, if they bought from them and like their machines then I support their posting 100%, I was thinking more along the line of the company having done them.
But that was nothing more than conjecture on my part.

Old July 21st, 2016 Jul 21, 2016 3:50:41 AM -   #27 (permalink)
DvD
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Troll?, i am a shorty but....

Just tray to give a honest impression on these machines.
I cannot say anything about the redline company, i have nothing to do with them.

I had a few other brands from China Before and had to rebuild them myself to get it working correctly.

I just mentioned i have seen redline machines made in the same factory in China during my visit there.

We have a embroidery studio in Belgium, Europe and were so happy with the quality that we also start importing these machine under our own name. (no need to rebuild)

So i am talking about the product they are selling.

To say ALL Chinese machines are rubbish is bs.

Old July 21st, 2016 Jul 21, 2016 12:56:59 PM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mark

There are a lot of good, solid embroidery machines out there. We've found that the biggest key to success for new embroiderers is TRAINING and that first year of support (you shouldn't need on site support, just good phone support). You're better off spending a little more for a machine that has more than 1 guy that can work on it, phone support, training.. Our Avance, Tajima, Barudan..I'm sure you can get some good recommendations here.

Old July 22nd, 2016 Jul 22, 2016 1:12:14 AM -   #29 (permalink)
DvD
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Yes I agree Mark,

We do a lot over whats app.
The times i had to visit a customer to fix something you can count on one hand and in most cases it was a operator error.
Even most contact with new users is in the first 2 weeks.
But we deliver the machine ourselves and give a few hours training on site, eliminating most questions.

Old August 3rd, 2016 Aug 3, 2016 10:34:34 AM -   #30 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Doug The Emb Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by binki
Never heard of of it or seen it at any of the shows
Only because they try to keep the prices down and the shows are really expensive.

This is a discussion about redline embroidery machine that was posted in the Embroidery section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in