How do I tell our embroidery machine when to change needle/colour? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Embroidery

Embroidery Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of embroidery decoration: stitchcount, DST files, digitizing, machinery, garment selection, etc.

How do I tell our embroidery machine when to change needle/colour?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 9th, 2014 Sep 9, 2014 8:14:20 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Scott
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default How do I tell our embroidery machine when to change needle/colour?

Hi

We've recently bought a Barudan Elite Pro Jr single head, 9 needle embroidery machine. Also included in the purchase was a copy of Wilcom e3 (inc Corel X6) which we're using to digitise files.

I'll admit, I'm brand new to embroidery although I've years worth of professional vector graphic and experience in how to set up documents for most types of printing that exist (I think)

My boss has embroidered before. 17-18 years ago he had a Toyota machine which run from an Atari computer.

Where we're getting stuck is trying to get the Barudan machine to know to change colour (it's an oldish machine so refers to needle change rather than colour)

The on-screen colours are different (from each other) and we've checked dialogue boxes in Wilcom that appear to read as though the documents contain instructions pertaining to the colour changes. So far we just aren't getting the Barudan to change as required.

The last file I prepared did stop at the change but required manual button pressing (by the boss - it's all very muddled, it's difficult to get him to be organised!) to change needle and finish off the second colour.

Are there any more experienced voices out there with suspicions as to what we're missing?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2014 Sep 9, 2014 10:58:46 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Dennis
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: How do I tell our embroidery machine when to change needle/colour?

I do not know that machine, but on my Toyota you can set it up to have manual or automatic color changes. My Tajima does not have that option, it is only auto.

The Following User Says Thank You to DKgrafix For This Useful Post:
scudeater (September 10th, 2014)
Old September 15th, 2014 Sep 15, 2014 6:32:14 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm not familiar with Barudans either but it does sound as if you have digitised a "stop" in the design rather than a needle. I use ZSK machines and as long as the design is done correctly for needles then all the operator has to do it programme the machine with which actual needle to use to correspond to the correct colour eg if you have a design which is white, red and blue and your machine has the colours on needles 2, 4 and 6 you programme those needles in and then set the start needle as needle 2 and thats it.
Hope that helps
Janet

Old September 16th, 2014 Sep 16, 2014 5:10:10 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Ted
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Somewhere in the Barudan control panel, there has to be a setting to tell the machine what needle order to stitch in. Assuming you are using DST files, the machine should see each color change and switch to whatever needle you tell it. The other possibility I could see is if it's an older machine, it's possible the needle change motor could be bad? Does the machine switch needles manually if you tell it to?

This is a discussion about How do I tell our embroidery machine when to change needle/colour? that was posted in the Embroidery section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in