T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Embroidery

Embroidery Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of embroidery decoration: stitchcount, DST files, digitizing, machinery, garment selection, etc.

CamFive Embroidery Machines

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 19th, 2013 Jul 19, 2013 4:22:40 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default CamFive Embroidery Machines

Is anyone using a CamFive embroidery machine or know someone who does? We are looking at purchasing a 4 or 6 head commercial unit from them and they seem to have reasonable pricing...was told they were comparable to the Happy product line....

Just looking to get some feedback.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 20th, 2013 Jul 20, 2013 6:07:08 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jane
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: CamFive Embroidery Machines

I've never heard of this company. Training and support are as important, if not more, than the price of the equipment. You could wind up with a very expensive paperweight if something goes wrong and you can't get service on it.

Old July 20th, 2013 Jul 20, 2013 6:57:38 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Apparently they have been being imported into the US from Asia since 2009. Saw them at the Long Beach Show. Machine ran well while I was there. They have offices in California and Florida. I'm just finding it hard to believe that no one in the industry knows anything good bad or otherwise. They have been selling for 4 years and are always at the major shows, yet I can't find one person that has one of these things.

They are 5-7K less than the other major players...I'm sure the machine will run fine for a few years. Was just hoping to find someone that had one and been running it for awhile.

Old July 20th, 2013 Jul 20, 2013 7:09:15 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Thanked 1,217 Times in 989 Posts

I will be at Long Beach this morning. If I see them I will stop by and take a look. They are in La Puente, not to far from us.

My main concerns would be the quality of the machine. It may run great when it is new but put a few years on it and then look at it. If they have been here for 4 years then they should have some customers you can visit. You should go talk to them and see how they feel about the machine.

Also, contact Beacon funding and see how many are in repo and find out what they think of the machine.

Old July 20th, 2013 Jul 20, 2013 2:00:53 PM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I saw this company with laser engravers at the show but not emb machines.

Old July 21st, 2013 Jul 21, 2013 10:54:02 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Strange, they had a single head machine there that they claimed was the new version of machines for them with a touch screen and could build them up to 50 heads...told me they had a single head and a double head in stock and could get me a 6 head in 30 days...wonder if they sold it from the booth???? Or worse yet it broke.....

Last edited by jhousley9011; July 21st, 2013 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: added information

Old July 21st, 2013 Jul 21, 2013 11:06:03 AM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

They had a lot of laser engravers there. Maybe I just missed it

Old July 29th, 2013 Jul 29, 2013 9:54:42 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Just an update on CamFive....Buyer Beware!!!!! I have left messages with both their Florida and California offices as well as sent emails to one of the reps there indicating that I was ready to buy a machine from them. No one has ever returned my calls or emails. The are always not in the office right now....If they won't call me back to sell me a $30,000 machine I hate to see what the support is like once they have the money and the machine breaks.

Old July 29th, 2013 Jul 29, 2013 3:31:21 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I contacted CAMFIVE on email on Sunday and they contacted me Monday morning . Then they drove to my shop to bring samples. We have a demo scheduled with our own material tomorrow.

We are looking at a laser but I find them to be very responsive.

Might try again.

Old July 29th, 2013 Jul 29, 2013 8:10:15 PM -   #10 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

These may be a rebranded or knockoff emb machine.

looks like they sell on ebay too
Commercial Embroidery Machine 02 Head 12 Color Sequin Logos Names Design Camfive | eBay

and amazon
Amazon.com: CAMFive CFSE-DM1501 commercial embroidery machine: Everything Else

and alibaba
CAMFIVE USA, LLC. - Cutting & Engraving Laser Machines, Embroidery Machines, Knitting Machines

tm info
CAMFIVE - Reviews & Brand Information - EMBROIDERY CAM CORPORATION LOS ANGELES, CA - Serial Number: 77141887

Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 6:14:16 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Rene

Binki, I think you're right. The CAMFIVE machine is only comparable to the "Happy" product line in that it's a multi-needle embroidery machine. The Happy product line is made in Japan, for example (as are some of the other truly established machine brands). As a person who helps owners of the Happy machine line (I am not in sales), I would encourage getting actual owners' experiences with a given brand of machine to help weigh in your decision. There are some good machine brands out there - including the Happy product line - and I think for potential owners, talking privately with new and long-term owners of various brands of machines will not only give a sense of the quality of that machine, but also what options/features might be important to consider. There are plenty of current owners in this forum that seem to have good experience.

Good luck with your purchase decision, for all those looking for a new embroidery machine!

Last edited by Graphix Guy; August 27th, 2013 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: silly grammar errors

Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 6:29:03 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: bob

I am retiring and scaling down, I have a 6 head SWF compact. If interested give me a call.

Bob
973-764-3840
cell 973-271-3147

Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 10:06:30 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

After "NEVER" receiving a call back from the Florida office and finally getting a man on his cell phone from the California office that was going to call me back and "NEVER" did.....we spent the extra money and bought a Happy HCR machine a few weeks ago. They have exceptional customer service and have great after the sale support.

Last edited by jhousley9011; August 27th, 2013 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: Forgot Info

Old January 18th, 2014 Jan 18, 2014 10:47:05 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

I actually own a 15 needle camfive embroidery machine and the support is too notch! Luis is extremely knowledgable and able to answer all of my questions quickly. I took a trip to their offices in orlando and it too is top notch. I spent 2 days training one on one with Luis. So in answer to your question YES they have very good machines and very good support.

Old January 26th, 2017 Jan 26, 2017 8:12:34 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Susan
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroideredlove
I actually own a 15 needle camfive embroidery machine and the support is too notch! Luis is extremely knowledgable and able to answer all of my questions quickly. I took a trip to their offices in orlando and it too is top notch. I spent 2 days training one on one with Luis. So in answer to your question YES they have very good machines and very good support.

Do you still like your CamFive machine?

This is a discussion about CamFive Embroidery Machines that was posted in the Embroidery section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in