T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Embroidery

Embroidery Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of embroidery decoration: stitchcount, DST files, digitizing, machinery, garment selection, etc.

SWF Error code 102

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 20th, 2010 Sep 20, 2010 5:34:30 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Deric
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default SWF Error code 102

I am getting error code 102 on my SWF 601c embroidery machine. The website says that code is usually caused by birdnest under the needle plate. There isn't anything there. During the trim and start of sewing the machine is making a squeeking noise and seems to have trouble allowing the needle to come up and down. After the code is triggered I noticed that the wheel on the back is not on 100. please help. Deric

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 20th, 2010 Sep 20, 2010 6:11:12 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Ted
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default Re: SWF Error code 102

Did you hit a hoop recently? Our machine was doing something similar and the reciprocator had to be replaced.

If you rotate the wheel on the back of the machine 360 degrees, are you getting any resistance or does it turn smoothly? Did you try switching to another needle to see if it still happens?

Old September 20th, 2010 Sep 20, 2010 10:14:58 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I have not hit a hoop recently. When I rotate the wheel on the back, there is an extreme amount of resistance. What do you think?

Old September 20th, 2010 Sep 20, 2010 12:15:49 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Something is jammed up somewhere then. You should not be getting any significant amount of resistance. Have you completely cleared around the bobbin? Did you take off the plate over the bobbin and make sure there is nothing preventing the hook from rotating?

Try this... when you meet resistance, see if moving the small silver wheel on the right side of the head a bit and see if that allows it to turn...

If so, that sounds exactly like the problem we had... the small bumper had broken off the reciprocator and was allowing it to over rotate...

Old September 22nd, 2010 Sep 22, 2010 6:44:40 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I seem to get resistance when the machine is starting and stoping. In essence when it is slowing down. The machine is trying to run, if I push the "alignment" wheel in the back the machine will run until it slows to stop again or a thread breaks.

Is the small wheel you are referring to the one that turns when the machine switches needles? Thanks

Old September 22nd, 2010 Sep 22, 2010 12:26:00 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Yep, the needle change knob... when our machine would jamb up, I would turn that silver knob and it would free it up.

Doesn't sound like you have the same problem. Best bet would be to call SWF, they can probably talk you through diagnosing the problem over the phone assuming it's under warranty. If not, your best bet would probably be to find a tech in your area. I have one in the NY/NJ/CT area if that would help you.

Old September 22nd, 2010 Sep 22, 2010 6:17:33 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Ronnie
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

It sounds like you may have a positioning sensor going bad....thats what aligns the needle when it changes needles. The sensor is on the left ...it has a small circuit board and wires coming out of it....blow it clean and make sure nothing is loose. Then if that doesnt work...call out the tech ! GOOD LUCK

Old October 6th, 2010 Oct 6, 2010 6:02:59 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Im gonna call the tech but I slowed the machine down to 800 from 950 and it started running correctly again. I thought the max. speed was 1200 rpms, so I figured 950 would be no prob. The machine had been running for 3 days non-stop. I don't know if that really fixed the prob. but it went away.

Old October 6th, 2010 Oct 6, 2010 12:21:58 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Deric, you need to figure out what the sweet spot is for the speed for your machine. My Saleen Mustang has a 200mph speedometer in it and it's capable of about 160 but I don't drive it that fast...

We generally run our SWF at 650 for caps and 750 for flats. At those speeds, it will run all day. Above those speeds and we get more thread breaks... It is what it is so why push it...

This is a discussion about SWF Error code 102 that was posted in the Embroidery section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in