T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Ecommerce Site Design

Ecommerce Category Sponsor

Discuss website design for ecommerce sites, useability, navigation and other development considerations. To get feedback on your t-shirt design(s) or website, please post a request in our Site Reviews and Design Reviews section here.

Did online designer increase your sales?

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Signature Series
  • 1 Post By seacookie
  • 1 Post By Signature Series

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 7th, 2018 Mar 7, 2018 4:30:50 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Did online designer increase your sales?

That is the big question. If you added online designer to your existing store, did it increase sales so much you would buy the designer again?

I know there is no simple answer to "should i buy it or not", and others sales numbers shouldn't be compared to my situation, but as my sales being still really low i would like to hear about your experienses before going for it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2018 Mar 7, 2018 4:53:50 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Joe

Default Re: Did online designer increase your sales?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finland
That is the big question. If you added online designer to your existing store, did it increase sales so much you would buy the designer again?

I know there is no simple answer to "should i buy it or not", and others sales numbers shouldn't be compared to my situation, but as my sales being still really low i would like to hear about your experienses before going for it.

I've looked into it and, while I've never pulled the trigger, I would guess that it would likely increase sales to a degree.

My question has always been more along the lines of "how" I would be able to market it against the "big guys" who spend tens of thousands of dollars every year (maybe more) driving people to their design sites with online, print, and media placements.

My niche has always been local, small groups that the screenprinter shops either aren't interested in or are priced too high for small numbers. I also do the Etsy thing that produces an average of about 10 orders per month (small online store).

I'm kind of anxious too for any feedback on the success of the online designer ......

Old March 7th, 2018 Mar 7, 2018 4:13:38 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

The first word of caution is unless you are doing a very scaled down version of a design tool there is significant amount of work that is required just to bring it up and running. So many people think you just load it up and away you go but there are so many variables you need to account for. If you go more of tturnkey route like Deco or Inksoft then you get into an entire different game as these tools are used to manage your business as well and Deco V8 soon to be released also allows you to build a custom website with drag and drop technology so you are not stuck with the horrible templates that all look the same.

Will it increase sales? Let me just say it will not turn around a business that has traffic/sales issues. You need to figure out why your sales/traffic is slow way before you invest in a design tool. What the design tool does for us is allow people who want a one off custom piece to simply add their names, logos, etc to the item and purchase without the expense of designer time. We have been using one of the very first tools now for close to a decade and what it does for us is allow customers an afforda ble way to purchase one off items. For us, it is still less than 10% of our total re venue.
mgparrish likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Signature Series For This Useful Post:
PatWibble (April 9th, 2018)

Old March 7th, 2018 Mar 7, 2018 4:42:04 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature Series
The first word of caution is unless you are doing a very scaled down version of a design tool there is significant amount of work that is required just to bring it up and running. So many people think you just load it up and away you go but there are so many variables you need to account for. If you go more of tturnkey route like Deco or Inksoft then you get into an entire different game as these tools are used to manage your business as well and Deco V8 soon to be released also allows you to build a custom website with drag and drop technology so you are not stuck with the horrible templates that all look the same.

Will it increase sales? Let me just say it will not turn around a business that has traffic/sales issues. You need to figure out why your sales/traffic is slow way before you invest in a design tool. What the design tool does for us is allow people who want a one off custom piece to simply add their names, logos, etc to the item and purchase without the expense of designer time. We have been using one of the very first tools now for close to a decade and what it does for us is allow customers an afforda ble way to purchase one off items. For us, it is still less than 10% of our total re venue.
The real question here is how many times you get small 72 resolution picture which is basically crap and you get bunch of time wasted working with it to make it nice and printable?
PatWibble likes this.

Old March 9th, 2018 Mar 9, 2018 6:19:19 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacookie
The real question here is how many times you get small 72 resolution picture which is basically crap and you get bunch of time wasted working with it to make it nice and printable?
I m not sure how every designer works but the Deco/Inksofts warn a user when they upload a file that is not high enough resolution. The entire point of every designer include ng the big boys is you will receive what you design. In the early days of us deploying the on-line designer and received orders that we perceived needed to be "improved" we would call the customer and suggest a change or two. In the fast majority of cases the customer would almost be offended. The point - people usinbg the designer want it to be their design - we now print what we receive.
PatWibble likes this.

Old March 13th, 2018 Mar 13, 2018 5:19:10 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Pratik
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hello,

It's very difficult to say anything about it but on major cases, it depends on your audience and products. It will not directly help you to increase product sales; it helps you to increase average order values. So it will grow your business revenues. It's open one new door for your customers.

To purchase personalize products trends increasing day by day. T-shirts printers are easily available and do not cost too much. You can outsource the entire contract for the very little amount of money to your local vendor.

Thanks

Old April 8th, 2018 Apr 8, 2018 10:25:46 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Its Not possible to increase the sale by designer..

Old April 9th, 2018 Apr 9, 2018 2:53:42 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Before you consider an online designer you need to have the ability to print what the customer orders, in the quantity they order. The number of customers who come into my shop with a 'logo' that is low res photo, wanting one shirt is very high.
If you only offer limited print methods then you will end up refunding a lot of customers.

Old April 9th, 2018 Apr 9, 2018 4:17:59 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I have used 3rd party providers for many years in many businesses and can say NONE of them will make or save a business. This is like building a grand hotel with no roads leading to it.

Such services are good for optimizing and revenue augmentation.

The beginning is the analytics associated with your website. If you have insufficient traffic for the 'numbers' to work in your favor, you MUST begin there.

Seriously, your business. all business is as much if not MORE about marketing that it is about the product or service being offered.

When the traffic starts producing orders THEN look to optimize and augment with 3rd party providers who protect your IP.

Old April 9th, 2018 Apr 9, 2018 4:45:40 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

if you want to increase sales, you should remove it immediately. There isn't any research to show that it increases sale.It actually confuses customers and drives them away.

Old February 5th, 2019 Feb 5, 2019 6:43:10 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

I think the online designers are hard to use because screen printing has so many options? I'm afraid to add one to my site. They are expensive & the low cost plug in dont offer features that we need. I was thinking of add a printing calculator instead to let the customer buy 1 or 2 color bulk prints online if they want something more than that to submit a quote. I'm not sure where to get tee shirt calculator? Does anyone have any ideas?

Old February 5th, 2019 Feb 5, 2019 8:52:17 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Based on your existing website analytics, determine:
1. how many visits per month.
2. How many stayed longer than 45 seconds.
3. How many placed an order.
If the difference between number 2 and number 3 are significant, you will need to do the math to evaluate if 'giving them what they want'via an online design tool is going to be profitable.

Now, lets do more analytics. How many are searching your key words? How does that number compare to actual visits? Do you see the pathway to increasing your piece of the Internet traffic pie?

Bottom line: If you don't have the traffic, having better tools won't matter in regards to getting you more business.

Old 6 Hours Ago Mar 24, 2020 2:02:01 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

There are people who customize products for promotions, awareness, teams or individual choice. And product customization is a modern trend in eCommerce. Therefore, it increases sales as you are providing a unique feature that most online retailers may not opt for.

Old 4 Hours Ago Mar 24, 2020 4:43:11 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Based on my post from a few days ago, there is not a lot of interest in online designers at this time. Therefore, you can conclude that they are not interested because they do not believe it will help their sales.

See prior post at: https://www.t-shirtforums.com/genera...n/t884861.html

Old 10 Minutes Ago Mar 24, 2020 8:46:47 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

New tools willl allow a business owner to incrementally increase their business or squeeze more $$$ from the revenue currently generated.
I love online designers. Customer say they do. User group studies reveal consumer go weary of gadget quickly. They want to hit 'PLAY' and sit back. So, my problem is I too often fall in love with my ideas and they really need to be kicked to the curb.

Provide really good images, let them check the boxes, and if they want to ad TEXT.....that is the only online design tool you need.

The big buck are there to take away the top and bottom off the market leaving an ever smaller middle ground for the small shop. NOTE: The BIG MONEY is in the middle-sphere, the apparatus that exits between the consumer and the provider.

I am aware, companies like VistaPrint have a no-touch structure and they are doing with with their on-line designer. However, they have a name/brand synonymous with business card.

If you can implement the online designer that does not lead to consumer frustration (the opposite of clicking PLAY) AND you are willing to invest the dollars to promote it AND you do no deviate from the mission.....it will make you money.

This is a discussion about Did online designer increase your sales? that was posted in the Ecommerce Site Design section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in