T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Ecommerce Site Design

Ecommerce Category Sponsor

Discuss website design for ecommerce sites, useability, navigation and other development considerations. To get feedback on your t-shirt design(s) or website, please post a request in our Site Reviews and Design Reviews section here.

DecoNetwork & Inksoft

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 22nd, 2017 Apr 22, 2017 5:07:26 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default DecoNetwork & Inksoft

I've been combing through this forum for input on DecoNetwork vs InkSoft.

Most of the posts are years old with very little current and/or relevant information.

So in an attempt to gain some current input, comparisons and feedback from ACTUAL users or either of these two products, I'm starting this new thread.

So I would ask those in the community who are or were actually using either of these programs to please share your experiences so we can have a current thread with updated comments.
markjw likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 11th, 2017 Jul 11, 2017 3:45:52 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: DecoNetwork & Inksoft

Did you ever get any feedback or good links to other threads in response? Same question here.

Old July 11th, 2017 Jul 11, 2017 4:27:43 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Fan

Nope: Guess no one on this board uses either.

Old July 12th, 2017 Jul 12, 2017 9:40:22 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

We have used both solutions and as with most things there are pluses and minuses of both. The first thing I would do is clearly outline for yourself the key objectives you are trying to accomplish. Most important is when looking for references is to be speaking with people who are using the same decoration process you use. If I do embroidery I want to be speaking to other people using the system for embroidery. What may be a great product for a vinyl company may be horrible for another decorating method. Next, I would ask Deco and Ink for references based specifically on the decoration method you use. I would check out those websites and eventually contact those that I may have questions for. Both system are full turn key systems and not a simple on-line designer you slap on your website. They take time and are a valuable tool if implemented and maintained properly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Signature Series For This Useful Post:
rjjbrick (July 12th, 2017)
Old July 13th, 2017 Jul 13, 2017 11:43:02 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Ben

I have tried Deconetworks. I found it too difficult. You need to be an expert at html coding to make that platform looking half decent. Forget SEO, social media integration and the like. It was slow as well.

The value in the Deconetworks platform is the back end. The front end is very average.

Old July 14th, 2017 Jul 14, 2017 10:19:28 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks! Did you do anything with affiliate stores? Im looking for an alternative to ordermygear for team stores that has more backend functionality and doesn't come with OMG's up front pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesnow2017
I have tried Deconetworks. I found it too difficult. You need to be an expert at html coding to make that platform looking half decent. Forget SEO, social media integration and the like. It was slow as well.

The value in the Deconetworks platform is the back end. The front end is very average.

Old July 14th, 2017 Jul 14, 2017 12:10:32 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan

We have been using DecoNetwork for about 7 years. We have never touched the HTML code and find it easy to use. We have over 600 affiliate stores and can set one up for a customer in about 15 mins. They recently came out with a new release that has many interface enhancements to make it easier to use and are working on the next generation which is heavily focused on responsive design and front end user ease of use. We have not used ink soft so I cannot provide any feedback.

I would suggest getting the 30 day trial and play with it to see if it fits your needs.

We primarily do DTG and Sublimation.
markjw likes this.

Old July 14th, 2017 Jul 14, 2017 12:23:45 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks for the input. I did the 30 day demo with DecoNet and was not impressed. Takes a lot of time to get a polished look and even then looks dated. Going to go with Inksoft.

Old July 14th, 2017 Jul 14, 2017 12:26:28 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks baked T's that is encouraging to hear. do you do affiliate stores as team stores on a regular basis?

We did pull the trigger on a trial -- was disappointed to learn that the fundraising feature only allows for fundraising on one product -- really ?
would have been super nice to be able to add the fundraising component to an entire affiliate store, or in my case,
team store. so i suppose i would need to just build affiliate stores for teams and communicate the fundraising aspect and progress outside of the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedts
We have been using DecoNetwork for about 7 years. We have never touched the HTML code and find it easy to use. We have over 600 affiliate stores and can set one up for a customer in about 15 mins. They recently came out with a new release that has many interface enhancements to make it easier to use and are working on the next generation which is heavily focused on responsive design and front end user ease of use. We have not used ink soft so I cannot provide any feedback.

I would suggest getting the 30 day trial and play with it to see if it fits your needs.

Old July 14th, 2017 Jul 14, 2017 12:29:33 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks TomNJ for sharing your experience. What are you using it for? We are a team uniform / fangear provider . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomNJ
Thanks for the input. I did the 30 day demo with DecoNet and was not impressed. Takes a lot of time to get a polished look and even then looks dated. Going to go with Inksoft.

Old July 14th, 2017 Jul 14, 2017 12:36:59 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Fan

We do DTG, Embroidery, HTV and Dye Sub.

Old July 14th, 2017 Jul 14, 2017 12:46:11 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

does inksoft support embroidery now? i've been hesitant because i was told it did not . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomNJ
We do DTG, Embroidery, HTV and Dye Sub.

Old July 14th, 2017 Jul 14, 2017 11:33:42 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedts

Your whole website is a custom design, none of which comes from deconetworks.

For those doing research have a look at Home - Baked T's
That is what you get from deconetworks AFTER customising their template. Looks like something from 1999.

Old July 15th, 2017 Jul 15, 2017 9:22:31 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ruben

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesnow2017
Your whole website is a custom design, none of which comes from deconetworks.

For those doing research have a look at Home - Baked T's
That is what you get from deconetworks AFTER customising their template. Looks like something from 1999.
After customizing? I don't think so.

This website was customized with some basic html and css The Internet's Most Affordable Custom T-Shirts - The Internet's Most Affordable Custom T-Shirt! (hint, click on the menu) is all Deconetwork. BTW is not my website.

Old July 17th, 2017 Jul 17, 2017 4:05:00 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan

We did not do any customization. This was using the basic Deco templates. It is very basic but serves our needs as the online store is not our primary source of selling. It is there as a convenience for our customers.

If this was our primary sales tool we would customize. The biggest value we currently receive is the affiliate stores.

This is a discussion about DecoNetwork & Inksoft that was posted in the Ecommerce Site Design section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in