T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Ecommerce Site Design

Ecommerce Category Sponsor

Discuss website design for ecommerce sites, useability, navigation and other development considerations. To get feedback on your t-shirt design(s) or website, please post a request in our Site Reviews and Design Reviews section here.

very unhappy INKSOFT experience

Like Tree26Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 20th, 2015 Feb 20, 2015 8:28:15 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Articulate Creation
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default very unhappy INKSOFT experience

Hello folks, here to express my extreme displeasure in inksoft. To start out here I would just like to say that I spent a few thousand dollars and 100s of hours of time for little to no sales.
You might say this is my fault, however it wasn't until after I signed up that I discovered that there is no way to do any type of worthy SEO with inksoft. Yes they have an SEO tab inside the program but it is never going to help to get you any type of rankings. I tried to hire a well known and respected SEO company (higher Visibility) to do SEO for my inksoft site and they told me the fact that there is no access to writing custom content for the home page or any other important pages would be the main factor in not making it worth investing into SEO.
Regardless of the SEO, there were so many basic functioning issues with the software. From design category configuration to product configuration there were a lot of times where I would do something and it just would not stick. The action I performed would just revert itself. I think I wasted 20 of the 100s of hours just calling tech support to tell them something was not working and have them try to fix it in the back end. When I actually canceled I had an on-going issue where about half of my stock designs/categories were just disappearing off of my site. I would load them back up and check the next day and they were gone again. Inksoft actually could not figure it out and never did. They escalated it to the highest level tech support and still told me no one knew the issues but "they were working on it". I will hand it to the tech support people, SOME of them do work with you and call you back and really try to figure out issues, but I should not have had to call them so many times if they had a good piece of software with no bugs.
It takes A LOT of time to set up products. They make you think that its just a plug and play thing from your suppliers catalog, however most suppliers are missing certain colors or don't have photos of the back of the shirts, etc. There are so many things to configure in one product that each will take you 15-20 minutes to figure out, and then you will have to go back and fix something again, guaranteed. multiply that by how many products you want to have on your site and you are spending a lot of time just on the product configuration and thats not even half the battle.
Image size of the pre decorated products/designs is tiny, not large enough for anyone to want to purchase a shirt with any type of detail that they cannot zoom into and see. My shirts are detailed. When I e-mailed JP about this he just wrote me off saying there were other issues that were much higher on the list and there was nothing that could be done at the moment. I said OK can you tell me an ETA on when it might be updated and he said simply "no".
I think the most important thing that should be noted is that their HTML 5 "mobile friendly" gimmick is just that... a gimmick. Inksoft websites do not work on a phone. The design tool shows up, and seems to work, however if you actually try to design and order a shirt you will quickly quit because it is impossible to move the image around on the shirt, resize, etc. I had a number of people tell me that they tried but it was too frustrating and they quit.
I called today to ask them if there was an help with a refund of any kind (not full) that they could offer me for my experience. I mentioned that I made no money off of their software and had numerous issues. They told me no. I told them I would write this review and hung up.
End of story just thought I would share my experience so this doesn't happen to you. Then again, I am sure there are others who are making it work for them, I just don't see how. I was going to sign up with deconetwork, I just though the "you get what you pay for" motto was in effect in this case since insoft is so expensive. Turns out I was wrong. I would probably have been better off with Deco, though I am now turned off to any type of online design e-commerce service.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jmcgurren For This Useful Post:
13 Stitches (March 5th, 2015), 23spiderman (February 24th, 2015), customapparelpro (February 25th, 2015), gullprint (October 8th, 2018), into the T (November 3rd, 2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 20th, 2015 Feb 20, 2015 8:43:24 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: very unhappy INKSOFT experience

Dang! I have been looking at them for updating my site.
Did you cancel and get your money back?

Old February 20th, 2015 Feb 20, 2015 10:28:27 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Canceled yes. They wouldn't give me a penny back.
EricDeem and mmcghee like this.

Old February 20th, 2015 Feb 20, 2015 2:17:32 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Oliver

I've messed around on Alpha Broder's site with the InkSoft design thing and thought about getting it....not now. I really don't have that much patience to fiddle around with stuff like that so you have saved me money and time
mmcghee likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to BobMotep For This Useful Post:
customapparelpro (February 25th, 2015)
Old February 20th, 2015 Feb 20, 2015 2:38:50 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: john

I have been using inksoft for about 2 years. Most of the issues that I encountered were because of MY general lack of knowledge. They were extremely patient with me, and now I am very happy that I chose them.
There were a few bugs that they took care of. I tried deco-network before trying inksoft, and at the time, they couldn't do anything right! They kept charging me a monthly fee but couldn't get anything to work. Just promises to call me back, which they stopped doing before getting the program functional. I want to make it clear that my experience with deconetwork was several years ago, but at the time, they were ridiculous!
I think that eventually one company will become dominant, but until that time expect to have issues with which ever provider you chose.But you must exercise patience!
mmcghee likes this.

Old February 20th, 2015 Feb 20, 2015 2:47:48 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Oh, I forgot to mention something about SEO.
Please keep in mind that I don't have personal knowledge but just a suggestion that MIGHT help.

Could your webmaster concentrate on SEO for YOUR website and have people reach your inksoft site from there? It seems to me that it would be more productive to promote your own site first and then direct them to your design site. Realize that I really don't know about these things, but it seems feasible to me.
Best Wishes.

Old February 20th, 2015 Feb 20, 2015 8:38:57 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Marz

Thanks for the review. Try Deconetwork as it has no set up fees. Try their lowest monthly plan. The worst you'll loose is $50.00

Old February 20th, 2015 Feb 20, 2015 9:40:50 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks for the review. I don't think I'll be using them anytime soon.

Old February 21st, 2015 Feb 21, 2015 9:11:55 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Patience was certainly at play here johnchesley. I was more than patient. 3-4 months of patience with getting set up. Bottom line is things don't work well that should and posting my experience here is something I would never have done if they even offered me $200 back out of about 3k. Look at the business they may have lost due to this post. I told them when I called that I would have to share my experience on TSF if they were unwilling to help me at all. And they said sorry do what u need to do- didn't seem threatened by it. So it is what it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to jmcgurren For This Useful Post:
CanExplorer (February 24th, 2015)
Old February 22nd, 2015 Feb 22, 2015 10:37:08 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Bryan

I've been an Inksoft subscriber for 3 years with the same experience. We've tried to hire several people to help get our website noticed and they've all said there is nothing they can do. I give up with Inksoft. As soon as I find the right replacement we will no longer be using them. thanks for the review and confirming what we've found as well. Don't waste your money with them.

Last edited by hitthespot; February 23rd, 2015 at 01:37 PM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hitthespot For This Useful Post:
customapparelpro (February 25th, 2015), Screen Medics (February 24th, 2015)
Old February 22nd, 2015 Feb 22, 2015 1:36:12 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Articulate,
I am sorry it didn't work out for you. If you find something you like better, I would love to hear about it.
mmcghee likes this.

Old February 24th, 2015 Feb 24, 2015 11:45:25 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Marc
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

JMCGURREN,

We also use Inksoft and I have noticed that shirt backs and important details are not showing up in the pics. It is kind of nice that the "Alpha Products" are easy to add. I have a question for you, did you end up modifying the names and the descriptions of the garments? I feel the stock descriptions and item names are pretty awful?

Old February 24th, 2015 Feb 24, 2015 1:39:13 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

The stock names and numbers are provided by the distributors. I must agree that the distributors don't do a very good job at that sort of thing. Some of the distributors,(SanMar and ACC), use the manufacturers SKU while some others, (S&S), use there own SKU's. You also have to depend on the distributors to keep up with products that they discontinue.
As far as missing information on the art, that will sometimes happen when you change your art into their suggested SVG format.
mmcghee likes this.

Old February 24th, 2015 Feb 24, 2015 2:03:10 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Marc
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

John,

Were do I find more out about the inksoft preferred SVG Format?

Old February 24th, 2015 Feb 24, 2015 2:19:32 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

It is just another vector format, such as CDR or EPS or Illistrator. When you are preparing to save a vector file, look at the file format options. One of the options should be SVG.
mmcghee likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnchesley For This Useful Post:
Screen Medics (February 24th, 2015)

This is a discussion about very unhappy INKSOFT experience that was posted in the Ecommerce Site Design section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in