T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Ecommerce Site Design

Ecommerce Category Sponsor

Discuss website design for ecommerce sites, useability, navigation and other development considerations. To get feedback on your t-shirt design(s) or website, please post a request in our Site Reviews and Design Reviews section here.

Spreadshirt shop design

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 16th, 2006 Jun 16, 2006 1:33:32 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Spreadshirt shop design

I'm wondering what plans to make for future development of my shop website.

At the momeent I have a website, the pretty much leads straight into my spreadshirt shop.

In the spreadshirt shop, the first page is like the catalogue, where all the t-shirts are pretty much laid out as spreadshirt sees fit.

To actually buy a t-shirt you then click on the picture where you get a close up of the t-shirt, and some more info etc.

Is there anything to stop me doing away with the first page that you come to in spreadshirt - the catalogue page - and making my own catalogue page, where the link to the t-shirts takes you directly to the actual t-shirt product?

In that way I could categorise the t-shirts on the catalogue pages more neatly, instead of just having 4-5 pages on t-shirts that are essentially just a list, with whatever I fancy most on the first page. e.g. I could categorise into Norwegian, Swedish, Danish etc.

What do you think? What there be any downside to the this?

The only one I can think of is that once you get onto the actual t-shirt product page, then any links displayed there - back to the shop etc. - would take you back to the spreadshirt catalogue page rather than the one I had made.

Hope this all makes sense.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2006 Jun 16, 2006 2:01:00 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,029 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: Spreadshirt shop design

Quote:
Is there anything to stop me doing away with the first page that you come to in spreadshirt - the catalogue page - and making my own catalogue page, where the link to the t-shirts takes you directly to the actual t-shirt product?
I've seen this done with several spreadshirt shops (and other fulfillment company shops) and it seems to work well. Just look at some of the top spreadshirt shops and that's exactly what they are doing (jerkass, etc)

Sometimes, the website front end of it is so customized that you can't even tell you're at a spreadshirt store until you get ready to add the shirt to your cart.

Using the spreadshirt header and footer, you can also match your navigation bar and look and feel across your website and into the spreadshirt store so the navigation at least stays constant (and customers know they are still on "your" site by the look and feel).

There might be reasons I'm missing that might be a downside (maybe someone else will chime in), but I haven't seen one yet.

Old June 16th, 2006 Jun 16, 2006 2:11:45 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney

Sometimes, the website front end of it is so customized that you can't even tell you're at a spreadshirt store until you get ready to add the shirt to your cart.
That's basically the stage I would like to get to.

Old June 16th, 2006 Jun 16, 2006 7:01:41 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Solmu's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Lewis
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

When you first linked to your website, the lack of categorisation was one of the things that I noticed, and I thought it would be a massive pain for any customers. If they buy into the concept and want a shirt, they are then assaulted with them all at once without any filters - I didn't mention anything because it's a spreadshirt issue. Glad to hear you're figuring out ways around it.

Old June 20th, 2006 Jun 20, 2006 5:24:07 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Keith

There are several shops doing this in many different ways like Rodney said. My two shops handle it in two different ways. One is much more labour intensive than the other for my part, but it has been working out well.

I am leaning towards re-working my TrueNorthGear shop to be more like StyliciousTees so that I have less coding to do when I want to add/change products. If I knew PHP it would be easier, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

This is a discussion about Spreadshirt shop design that was posted in the Ecommerce Site Design section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in