T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Ecommerce Site Design

Ecommerce Category Sponsor

Discuss website design for ecommerce sites, useability, navigation and other development considerations. To get feedback on your t-shirt design(s) or website, please post a request in our Site Reviews and Design Reviews section here.

Site Design

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 27th, 2005 Jun 27, 2005 12:59:58 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Red face Site Design

Hello Everyone,

Which fullfillment service would you say gives you more freedom in designing your site? I'm not really that informed when it comes to web site design. Yet, I do know I want my website to be as attractive as possible. I just notice that most site examples I've seem on spreadshirt, cafepress, and printmojo are pretty plain texted and not really that vibrant. Maybe because the merchants hadn't done much to there storefronts??? My question is what service offers you the most freedom when designing your site?

Thanx

Martina

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2005 Jun 27, 2005 1:32:01 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,029 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: Site Design

With any of the services you mentioned above, you can always design your own storefront that is not hosted by the fulfillment company.

Some of the most successful stores using those services have websites that either are fully designed and hosted outside of the fulfillment company (where the merchant just links to the fulfillment company during the checkout process) or they have established websites that are already designed with a unique layout and they integrate the products from the fulfillment company into their existing design (with the buying and checkout handled by the fulfillment company).

With a good knowledge of HTML and your own hosting company, you can put together a great design that will work with any of the fulfillment companies.

If you want to just customize the basic storefront they provide that is hosted on their servers, I would say that spreadshirt and cafepress offer the most customization "on site".

If you want your website to be as attractive as possible, you'll probably want to design your own website (or have someone design it for you) offsite (not hosted by the fulfillment company) and use whichever fulfillment service best fits your needs.

Old March 29th, 2011 Mar 29, 2011 3:33:46 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Johnny

would you recommend starting out with Godaddy or INTUIT for web site design or pay a professional to design one for you?

Old March 29th, 2011 Mar 29, 2011 4:17:57 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: ossum
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

agree with rodney , or you may try service like shopify or bigcartel that will be easy.

Old March 29th, 2011 Mar 29, 2011 4:28:39 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

if you want professional web-design quality, then hire a professional web designer/developer. I know because I am one and there really what those websites you referred to in your original post offer are templates that hundreds of millions of other people use except for perhaps their own customized header graphic.

Old March 29th, 2011 Mar 29, 2011 6:39:25 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

what's the best route to take on a limited budget?

Old March 29th, 2011 Mar 29, 2011 8:56:02 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaniels68
what's the best route to take on a limited budget?
the must is buy hosting and domain , then set up the web using free commerce platform such as zencart, magento etc. find free themes too nor do simple edit on header maybe

if you want blogged style, use wordpress and install the wp commerce plugin.

PM me if need help

Old March 29th, 2011 Mar 29, 2011 10:20:53 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

what if i already have a paypal account, do i still need a shoping-cart account?

Old March 29th, 2011 Mar 29, 2011 10:21:04 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

@jdaniels68 : shopping cart is a web system that handle the store system such as catalog, shipping, etc and the payment gateway, the payment gw will give many option the one of it is paypal payment. i think this will perfect for large store that handle many prods.

use paypal is ok for few products, because you by this have to do manually integrate the web and the paypal.

Old March 30th, 2011 Mar 30, 2011 6:01:28 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

do i also need a merchants account, along w/ paypal n shpcrt?

Old March 30th, 2011 Mar 30, 2011 9:46:03 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

i think you dont need merchant when you sell your owned products

This is a discussion about Site Design that was posted in the Ecommerce Site Design section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in