5 Best Practice Tips for creating a successful T-Shirt Website? - Page 16 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Ecommerce Site Design

Ecommerce Category Sponsor

Discuss website design for ecommerce sites, useability, navigation and other development considerations. To get feedback on your t-shirt design(s) or website, please post a request in our Site Reviews and Design Reviews section here.

5 Best Practice Tips for creating a successful T-Shirt Website?

Like Tree4Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 30th, 2014 Apr 30, 2014 9:43:16 AM -   #226 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Eli
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 5 Best Practice Tips for creating a successful T-Shirt Website?

For me, the flashiness of the intro takes away from the actual product. I like to know exactly what I'm buying, and don't want to be forced into waiting through a video or slideshow.

I've been touring a few sites for shirts and some have way too much going on in the site and it distracts from the shirts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2015 May 17, 2015 2:49:10 PM -   #227 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Marcello

I was checking to see if a guide for eCommerce sites existed in here. This is pretty outdated. So, I wanted to give it a bump and see if we can come up with some good standards/practices. What do you think is important? I'll get the ball rolling with some thoughts in no particular order.
  • Good photography and multiple product image
  • Strategically placed up-sell and related products blocks
  • Well-written content on the site -- in addition to products -- to drive traffic
  • Strong product descriptions
  • Offer multiple payment and shipping options
  • Competitive pricing, incentives/rewards and options like free shipping
  • Abandoned cart reminders (and discounts?)
  • Filtering, sorting, searching
  • Terrific customer service and fair policies (good communication, no hidden prices, quick turnaround time)
  • Put a focus on the products and not trendy flashiness that will be quickly outdated
  • Remembering that your site is a living entity and constantly needs to be updated and modified
  • Ease of use (Clean and straightforward UI, remove clutter, as few clicks as possible to checkout and pay)
  • Fun search engine stuff (Quick page load speed, OG tags, Twitter cards, schema.org rich snippets, sitemap, clean URL, canonical tags, valid HTML/CSS/JS, cross-browser compatibility)
  • Responsive design
  • Thorough analytics/tracking to see what works and what doesn't

OK, I went a bit overboard there but I'd love to hear feedback and other ideas!

Old May 17th, 2015 May 17, 2015 7:14:31 PM -   #228 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jennifer
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Great list! I would add the importance of focusing on a niche market. Most of your items were customer orientated. I would like to hear more about SEO tips. I don't know about offering abandoned cart discounts. I wouldn't want to encourage that. As a shopper, I'm often guilty of that but I return to purchase.

Old May 18th, 2015 May 18, 2015 6:38:45 AM -   #229 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'm just in the process of building my store so my comments reflect research that resonates with me but hasn't been proven in my experience, so take it for what you paid for it.

1) To flash or not to flash. People get a high from shopping if they think they are buying into a "pack" or social group. Entertainment outside of social inclusion is like Dennis Miller on Sunday Night Football. If the game isn't interesting enough without a comedian, the game isn't interesting enough.

2) SEO. Working to line up with your nearest competitors. This is comodatization in it's purest form. It's like how Walmart buys, line up the cheapest five vendors and let them get into a bidding war. It's all anyone ever talks about in E commerce so I'm sure there's something to it. But think about separating yourself from the bidding wars. Just my take.

3) Page Color. Cnn just went to high color full screen pictures of the headline event with super bold type as a headline. Gives me vertigo to try and read it, I've switched to the BBC. They are far more nuetral on American issues anyway. White works for Amazon, Ebay and Etsy. That ought to tell you something.

4) Music. refer to item 1).

5) Site Stickiness. Over time if I want to be plugged in I'll plug in. Otherwise I don't get told what to do by people who aren't putting money into my pocket.

6) Long lists of horse$hit I have to study to get a descent deal. KISS. I have enough to keep up with in Health Insurance, prescriptions, Income Tax, Business law, etc,etc.,etc. You can't just buy a tire anymore, they have tire programs. A pox on the house of anyone who has an instruction book for simple purchase items.

And lastly (for the time being) those up and down moving ads at the top of a site that make your page crawl up and down until you deal with damn things. Same as ads before you can watch a video. If I were a hacker (which I'm not) they would be my first and only concern, how to cause the greatest amount of grief to whoever the Motherless, godless, half human dolt was that created the scrolling ad box.

Whooo, that felt good
javajoe and NoXid like this.

Old February 5th, 2016 Feb 5, 2016 5:51:21 AM -   #230 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: NinaX

Default Re: website

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickTees.net
1. Ease of Use
2. Aesthetically Pleasing
3. Search Engine Optimized
4. NO FRAMES!!!
5. NO FLASH INTRO MOVIES!!!
agry! Good list!

Old February 8th, 2016 Feb 8, 2016 3:59:36 AM -   #231 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

really useful info!
I'd add here also e-shop themes guys recommend since didn't have problems with it and like design.

I'd recommend a multipurpose theme I've tested recently - Monstroid WordPress Theme #55555
or these ones - T-shirt Shop Templates | TemplateMonster

Old February 8th, 2016 Feb 8, 2016 12:51:33 PM -   #232 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buechee
I did even ask, but thank you all. I'm getting ready to design a site for myself and I could use this thread.
Amen to that!

Old February 16th, 2016 Feb 16, 2016 1:52:20 AM -   #233 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Aldora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Craw
really useful info!
I'd add here also e-shop themes guys recommend since didn't have problems with it and like design.

I'd recommend a multipurpose theme I've tested recently - Monstroid WordPress Theme #55555
or these ones - T-shirt Shop Templates | TemplateMonster
Shared site is really very helpful.

Old 4 Weeks Ago Jul 17, 2020 3:06:15 AM -   #234 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilthemonkey
That first article is one of the best I've read - SO useful.

Thanks Rodney.
I faced a similar error and foundsolution​ here https://wellmage.com/

Last edited by ALexHebert; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:15 AM.. Reason: й

Old 1 Week Ago Aug 4, 2020 11:41:28 PM -   #235 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

1.You need a domain and hosting. Better open in eCommerce platforms like Shopify, opencart, magento, etc.
2. Then customize your website using templates. You may also take help from a developer
3. Upload catalogue, images, price.
4. Most importantly, include product customization to your business by integrating product desing software
with proper SEO, and marketing, you are set to go long

This is a discussion about 5 Best Practice Tips for creating a successful T-Shirt Website? that was posted in the Ecommerce Site Design section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in