T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Dye Sublimation

Dye Sublimation Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of dye sublimation printing: printer selection, press time, durability, new technologies, etc.

Best budget Sublimation Printers?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By PedalJustPedal

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 3 Weeks Ago May 7, 2020 6:10:44 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Best budget Sublimation Printers?

I did search and apologize if I missed a full post just like this. Looking for the best budget sublimation printer? If you recommend choosing an Epson printer and sub ink, which do you recommend? I noticed some ecotank printers around $199. Curious if it’s worth it.

Thank you all so much for the info. These forums have been vital as I learn.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago May 7, 2020 7:54:14 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Best budget Sublimation Printers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurabeth128
I did search and apologize if I missed a full post just like this. Looking for the best budget sublimation printer? If you recommend choosing an Epson printer and sub ink, which do you recommend? I noticed some ecotank printers around $199. Curious if it’s worth it.

Thank you all so much for the info. These forums have been vital as I learn.
If you can find ink with a profile for an Epson Eco Tank then that is by far a much better way than messing with a CIS system that will waste more ink than you use on products.

Old 3 Weeks Ago May 8, 2020 8:37:06 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Agree, eco-tank is very good because all you need to do is fill with sublimation ink instead of the included epson ink. We use ink from printpayless, it's UV enhanced and doesn't need ICC profiles to print vibrant colors. Keep in mind the $199.00 printer only has a max print size of 8.5" x 14".

Old 3 Weeks Ago May 10, 2020 3:24:54 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acca
Agree, eco-tank is very good because all you need to do is fill with sublimation ink instead of the included epson ink. We use ink from printpayless, it's UV enhanced and doesn't need ICC profiles to print vibrant colors. Keep in mind the $199.00 printer only has a max print size of 8.5" x 14".
Thank you so much for this great info! Do you just order the regular ink refills? And the colors look good without worrying about the profiles? I can’t wait to get started

Old 3 Weeks Ago May 11, 2020 5:41:11 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I would hold off until you can get the Epson 570. Yes, it costs more than the $200 printer at Best Buy, but in the long run, you will be glad you did. Low cost roll media, wide format, less waste and from folks who know what they are doing in sublimation.

Old 3 Weeks Ago May 11, 2020 7:38:02 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerFlorida
I would hold off until you can get the Epson 570. Yes, it costs more than the $200 printer at Best Buy, but in the long run, you will be glad you did. Low cost roll media, wide format, less waste and from folks who know what they are doing in sublimation.
Epson 570 falls way beyond "budget printer". An Epson Eco Tank or the likes is a great way to test the waters without a significant investment. Worse thing that happens is the OP finds out dye sub is not for them and they covert it to a reg desktop printer.

Old 3 Weeks Ago May 11, 2020 8:26:39 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

the 570's are $2700, a far cry from op's search for a budget printer and their example of a $200 ecotank

those $200 ecotanks will only print 8.5" x 11", this might be good for small left chest logos or adult small full-chest
if you want to do anything else you will need something that prints 13" x 19" (or at least 11" x 17")

in your price range you should be looking at an epson wf-7210/7710/7720 (you can get 7210's on sale for $150)
then get refillable xl-carts and your ink

Old 3 Weeks Ago May 11, 2020 8:41:10 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurabeth128
Thank you so much for this great info! Do you just order the regular ink refills? And the colors look good without worrying about the profiles? I can’t wait to get started
Yes, just order the sublimation ink and refill the tanks. Just make sure you don't let the inks in the tank go too low or you could damage the printhead. And remember when you purchase the printer DO NOT FILL THE TANK WITH THE INCLUDED EPSON INK. Instead you need to empty the epson regular ink in a separate container and thoroughly clean the ink bottle, then fill it with sublimation ink. And once you choose what brand you are going to use, you can't change it.

The machine is a good introduction to dye sub as long as you are sticking to small items like mugs but some people quickly out grow them and move on to larger printing machines. Look up facebook groups on dye sub, there is a wealth of information. Good Luck.

This is a discussion about Best budget Sublimation Printers? that was posted in the Dye Sublimation section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in