T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Dye Sublimation

Dye Sublimation Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of dye sublimation printing: printer selection, press time, durability, new technologies, etc.

EPSON WF-7710 is going crazy!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 3 Weeks Ago Feb 1, 2020 9:44:20 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: James
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default EPSON WF-7710 is going crazy!

I am currently using an Epson 7710 along with a INKXPro CISS. Last night, I set down to work on an order of shirts. I am using a MAC in which I have my print presets set up for. I am using A-SUB transfer, and they always seem to be faded. But once pressed, the colors seem fine. (Is this normal?) Anyway, I printed my design, and my maroon was perfect, but black was not showing up at all. I adjusted the colors in photoshop, and eventually, the colors were right for a 1 print. Next thing I know, black is working great, but I can not get magenta to do anything. I have tried all maintenance cycles, with little no results. In addition, I have LOTS of banding issues. Until now, my set up has printed beautifully.

I am desperate to get this up and running so I can get the job done over the weekend.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago Feb 1, 2020 10:44:15 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: EPSON WF-7710 is going crazy!

did you print off some basic color charts and do a cleaning cycle?

not that this will help you now, but this is why i prefer carts for the desktop epsons (no lines to clog)

Old 3 Weeks Ago Feb 1, 2020 11:04:05 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I didn't print the charts but I did the head cleaning several times. I have attempted to print alignment charts and you can't even read some of it. It's insane.

Old 3 Weeks Ago Feb 1, 2020 5:56:35 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: EPSON WF-7710 is going crazy!

unplug for a good minute, then let it run through its startup

try putting in your original carts, then print and see if it is the printhead or not

you can print with the epson carts, just do some tests and adjust colors as needed
till you get some refillable xl carts, then you can monkey with the cis in your downtimes

Old 3 Weeks Ago Feb 1, 2020 9:57:58 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Finally got it printing, but I got a problem with my red/maroon. It’s got a weird brown tint to it, and I’m using the appropriate ICC profile in photoshop when printing.

This is a discussion about EPSON WF-7710 is going crazy! that was posted in the Dye Sublimation section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in