T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Dye Sublimation

Dye Sublimation Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of dye sublimation printing: printer selection, press time, durability, new technologies, etc.

So who is going to purchase the new Epson F570....

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 6 Days Ago Nov 30, 2019 10:06:38 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default So who is going to purchase the new Epson F570....

So who is going to purchase the new Epson F570 as soon as it becomes available?

It's perfect for what I do and I figure it will save me 35% of my cost to manufacture! I plan on going with Conde, the have the best tech support and after 7 years of buying supplies from various vendors, they have never failed me.

This printers cost and the ink costs are just to crazy good not to get it. Curious if anyone else feels the same way?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago Dec 1, 2019 8:38:04 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: So who is going to purchase the new Epson F570....

Printers/Presses are in the same boat as hotdogs/hotdog buns, they just do not match up. So now you have a 24" printer yet most presses, before they jump up in size and $$$, are 20" thus to take advantage of the 24" you will need, in most cases to get a much larger press (approx. 30x40) which is huge $$$. Then you get the 30x40 press and then need a wide format printer. It never ends.

Old 4 Days Ago Dec 1, 2019 7:10:52 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedalJustPedal
thus to take advantage of the 24" you will need, in most cases to get a much larger press (approx. 30x40) which is huge $$$.
Not necessarily the case unless you have demand for 24" wide prints on T shirts.

The real advantage of 24" format for T shirts is being able to save $$ by buying rolls of paper or lengths cut from rolls rather than the smaller width rolls or sheets which cost more.

Its very easy to gang designs when printing for use with smaller presses.

Since I found this thread i've watched a couple of video's of this machine & print quality & features of the machine look excellent.

Old 4 Days Ago Dec 2, 2019 8:55:20 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

The real advantage of 24" format for T shirts is being able to save $$ by buying rolls of paper or lengths cut from rolls rather than the smaller width rolls or sheets which cost more.
[/QUOTE]

Do the math on how many items you would need to sell to just break even by the savings of roll paper. Paper is a pretty cheap piece of the dye sub.

Old 4 Days Ago Dec 2, 2019 11:14:15 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Thanked 2,524 Times in 2,242 Posts

Quote:
to take advantage of the 24" you will need, in most cases to get a much larger press (approx. 30x40) which is huge $$$.

Not true. Ideally, you always want your transfer paper size to be larger than your press to avoid paper lines on your garments.

A 24 inch paper roll is the perfect size for a 16X20 press when printing garments. A 17inch roll perhaps even better. I haven't done the math.
Amw likes this.

Old 3 Days Ago Dec 3, 2019 4:18:38 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Just to confuse matters it is being sold as the F500 in Europe and other countries, at about £1800 + 20% vat (sales tax).
The cost is about the same as four 13"/A3+ Epson L1300/Et1400 or L1800 ecotank printers all of which are based on the old 1430 Artisan/1500w.

Looks like a very nice machine, but assuming that you can get away with 13x19" paper,would you get a better yield from the smaller machines?

Old 3 Days Ago Dec 3, 2019 10:37:58 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by splathead
Not true. Ideally, you always want your transfer paper size to be larger than your press to avoid paper lines on your garments.

A 24 inch paper roll is the perfect size for a 16X20 press when printing garments. A 17inch roll perhaps even better. I haven't done the math.
Please - you are going to spend $2,500 to get rid of paper lines? Do you actually dye sub? Some of your post are so far off base and not factual at times.

Old 1 Day Ago Dec 4, 2019 1:05:04 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatWibble
but assuming that you can get away with 13x19" paper,would you get a better yield from the smaller machines?
Definitely. A smaller printer is less than 1/10th the cost of this one.

You would have to do the math. The larger your volume, the more the F570 might make sense:

Sheet paper is more expensive than roll. And roll paper can be used more efficiently (for example a mug wouldn't waste a whole sheet with roll paper).

Epson dye sub ink is pretty cheap compared to Cobra, and certainly compared to Sawgrass. Though I suppose there is nothing stopping you from buying the ink and using it in the smaller Epsons. Perhaps you wouldn't even need a profile.

And conceivable Epson's printers built specifically for dye sub would last longer than their WF 7xxx ones not built for dye sub. They tend to only last a year or so before they crap out. I'm on my 3rd one in 2 years.

Old 1 Day Ago Dec 4, 2019 3:53:09 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: WZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerrubio
So who is going to purchase the new Epson F570 as soon as it becomes available?...
*Jedi mind trick*
You are going to buy the Epson F570 and give us all a review...

Old 1 Day Ago Dec 5, 2019 9:01:04 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

What is different about the Epsons so called made for dye sub versus a standard desktop Epson?

Old 1 Day Ago Dec 5, 2019 10:43:33 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
What is different about the Epsons so called made for dye sub versus a standard desktop Epson?
I assume the most vital part; the printhead.

Old 1 Day Ago Dec 5, 2019 12:08:50 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingZombie
Same printhead/technology used on all their wide format printers as I understand it. The only thing that has truly changed in a decade with dye sub printhead technology is the HP Stitch.

Old 21 Hours Ago Dec 5, 2019 2:45:49 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:

Yes, the printheads on the F series are supposedly more commercial-grade since they would normally be used continuously as opposed to a desktop printer that would usually sit idle most of the time.

Old 21 Hours Ago Dec 5, 2019 2:56:29 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Same printhead/technology used on all their wide format printers as I understand it. The only thing that has truly changed in a decade with dye sub printhead technology is the HP Stitch.
Newer technology compared to regular desktop printers like the WF's and 1430's, etc...

1430's and such use the Micro Piezo Technology and the new F570 uses the PrecisionCore MicroTFP print chip technology, which is an advanced form of Micro Piezo.

https://global.epson.com/innovation/...cro_piezo.html

Guessing the nozzles are more suited for dye sublimation as well as speed and quality...

I just know I want it LOL.

Old 18 Hours Ago Dec 5, 2019 5:43:49 PM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Newer technology compared to regular desktop printers like the WF's and 1430's, etc...

1430's and such use the Micro Piezo Technology and the new F570 uses the PrecisionCore MicroTFP print chip technology, which is an advanced form of Micro Piezo.

https://global.epson.com/innovation/...cro_piezo.html

Guessing the nozzles are more suited for dye sublimation as well as speed and quality...

I just know I want it LOL.
From everything I have read and heard it is the same printhead as with their other wide format printers. I have yet to see anything that states it has a specific printhead for dye sub. You may also want to check out the replacement cost of such head after the warranty is gone. Wide format Epson printheads are over $2000, for the printhead alone plus labor. Considering you need to replace all the dampers and such when changing the printhead you are at $4,000. If you can get the Epson extended warranty for a fair price - jump on it.

This is a discussion about So who is going to purchase the new Epson F570.... that was posted in the Dye Sublimation section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in