T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Dye Sublimation

Dye Sublimation Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of dye sublimation printing: printer selection, press time, durability, new technologies, etc.

Color not matching after sublimating the phone case

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By webtrekker
  • 2 Post By webtrekker

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Unread April 12th, 2019 Apr 12, 2019 4:27:12 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Color not matching after sublimating the phone case

I have Epson L130 printer. Yesterday I got a few orders of printing photos on phone case. I did as usual. The photos printed on the printer is as close to the image showing on display.
Now the problem is on 3D sublimation machine I set the temperature to 190c a time to 8minutes. did everything right, but the final result is much different than the photo. The colors are much more, Than they were on the photo, much darker than the photo.
AM i doing anything wrong in the printing process? Please help me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread April 12th, 2019 Apr 12, 2019 11:58:58 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

You say, 'I did as usual.'

Does this mean you have printed these phone cases before and they have been fine, yet now they aren't? Or is this your first attempt at sublimation?

The print from your printer should NOT match what is on your screen. You should have an ICC profile set up to convert the colours. If this is not the case then I'm afraid you still have a lot to learn about sublimation before producing orders for customers.
pheonis likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:
pheonis (4 Weeks Ago)
Unread April 14th, 2019 Apr 14, 2019 11:53:01 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: anne

Default Re: Color not matching after sublimating the phone case

You can check if your print setting is CMYK form and if the ICC color setting had been adjusted well.

The Following User Says Thank You to zoomsub For This Useful Post:
pheonis (4 Weeks Ago)

Unread 4 Weeks Ago Apr 22, 2019 6:24:17 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webtrekker
You say, 'I did as usual.'

Does this mean you have printed these phone cases before and they have been fine, yet now they aren't? Or is this your first attempt at sublimation?

The print from your printer should NOT match what is on your screen. You should have an ICC profile set up to convert the colors. If this is not the case then I'm afraid you still have a lot to learn about sublimation before producing orders for customers.
I do not have a proper ICC profile. The ink supplier does not have an ICC profile.
Can you tell me how to set up an ICC profile that can convert the colors?

Unread 4 Weeks Ago Apr 22, 2019 6:28:18 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomsub
You can check if your print setting is CMYK form and if the ICC color setting had been adjusted well.
Hi Thank you for replying.
The print settings are in RGB and I guess the ICC profile i use does the job as it prints 80 to90%nearly similar colors. But the problem is when I do the sublimation using vacuum press machine, the outcome is different, it is more deep color and darker shades of respective colors

Unread 4 Weeks Ago Apr 23, 2019 12:52:12 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonis
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomsub
Hi Thank you for replying.
The print settings are in RGB and I guess the ICC profile i use does the job as it prints 80 to90%nearly similar colors. But the problem is when I do the sublimation using vacuum press machine, the outcome is different, it is more deep color and darker shades of respective colors
I'll repeat - you need your ink supplier to supply you with an ICC profile for their inks. If they can't do that then ditch the inks and buy from a reputable supplier.

Failing that, if you still want to pursue sublimation with dodgy inks, then pay to have someone produce a profile for you. One way or the other, it is essential starting with a correct profile otherwise you are just wasting your time and the time of people trying to help you.

Let us know once you've sorted this
seacookie and pheonis like this.

This is a discussion about Color not matching after sublimating the phone case that was posted in the Dye Sublimation section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in