iPhone Case for Sublimation - Says TPU in Title - Can I Use It? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Dye Sublimation

Dye Sublimation Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of dye sublimation printing: printer selection, press time, durability, new technologies, etc.

iPhone Case for Sublimation - Says TPU in Title - Can I Use It?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 19th, 2017 Jul 19, 2017 1:53:31 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Carder
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default iPhone Case for Sublimation - Says TPU in Title - Can I Use It?

I have just ordered an iPhone case sublimation kit including some of the standard plastic backs. I noticed that many of the types of blank cases sold for sublimation say they are made of TPU material.

I was looking for other types of cases I could use for sublimation and came across these on eBay. For iPhone 7/7 Plus Shockproof Classic EVO Check Impact Mesh Sport TPU Case New | eBay

It says they are TPU, but they are not your typical plastic material and have a more rubbery feel (It is a generic version of a Tech21 case). Would it be possible to sublimate this? Or what issues would I face if I tried it? I don't want to mess up the 3D vacuum heat press sublimation machine or whatever you want to call it that I just paid $600 for lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2017 Jul 24, 2017 7:43:13 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: IsmaŽl
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: iPhone Case for Sublimation - Says TPU in Title - Can I Use It?

You can sublimate TPU blanks, as well as plastic/PC ones.

Old July 24th, 2017 Jul 24, 2017 8:46:25 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Yes, but this isn't necessarily a blank designed for that. This is just a generic, off-brand Chinese copy of a Tech-21 case. Would this work?

Old July 24th, 2017 Jul 24, 2017 9:18:41 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: IsmaŽl
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Oh, well I couldn't tell whether TPU sublimation blanks are made differently than other TPU cases, I think you are better off buying blanks from a sublimation supplier.

Old July 24th, 2017 Jul 24, 2017 10:29:57 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Ya I've ordered a few samples from different suppliers, but can't find any that I really like. They are either cheap flimsy plastic ones that aren't protective at all or just the ones that have the metal insert that adheres to the back. Just trying to find a sturdy protective one that would also be able to be printed directly onto without the metal insert.

This is a discussion about iPhone Case for Sublimation - Says TPU in Title - Can I Use It? that was posted in the Dye Sublimation section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in