T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Dye Sublimation

Dye Sublimation Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of dye sublimation printing: printer selection, press time, durability, new technologies, etc.

GXe 7700N settings and results

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 24th, 2016 Aug 24, 2016 2:43:38 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Danny
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Talking GXe 7700N settings and results

Hi,

Does anyone use a GXe 7700n for sublimation? I bought mine from Xpres and they have reassured me that the settings they have installed should be all I need. Vector settings for vector artwork and Photo settings for photo artwork. And they have recommended I use RGB colour settings for my document profile.

The issues I am having is that depending on the image, I have to test over all possibilities to get the right outcome. The other day I printed a vector graphic and it wasn't good with the vector settings. I printed it with the Photo settings and it was better. Then a colleague said I should print with CMYK settings which turned out even better under Photo. So I ended up with a Vector graphic that xpres recommend me printing with RGB and Vector turning out better with CMYK and Photo. I have noticed that this can vary and it ends up being really costly working these things out.

Can anyone please tell me how they overcome this on a job to job basis or do they just do tests? This is ok for big jobs as I can bill this in to my job but for 1 offs and for chromalux panels for xmas presents for family can prove costly wasting panels when the colours don't come out right.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

DanD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 24th, 2016 Aug 24, 2016 4:59:42 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Derek
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: GXe 7700N settings and results

question,, are you using Sawgrass ink or some generic stuff. if you use sawgrass you will be able to get the powerdriver which makes most colour problems disappear

Old August 24th, 2016 Aug 24, 2016 8:39:52 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Danny
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I use Sawgrass inks printing from a Mac....I can't understand why Xpres wouldn't know what they were doing if they sell these systems. I use illustrator mostly but maybe soon to use be photoshop i think because I was told it's more compatible for print. Can I get that on the Mac?

Last edited by DanD; August 24th, 2016 at 09:30 AM..

Old August 24th, 2016 Aug 24, 2016 1:35:11 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Derek
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Have a look to see if the 'powerdriver' from Sawgrass is compatible with your Mac, someone here probably already uses it. I run my driver on a standalone netbook that is only the printer driver and transfer images from design via usb to it.
In the Powerdriver you have loads of printer options for different substrates, paper, sizes and saturation's etc and gives the correct ICC for your setup. That way it's not relying on my PC's setup to print from but is printing a straight image which has been finished and exported

This is a discussion about GXe 7700N settings and results that was posted in the Dye Sublimation section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in