T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Dye Sublimation

Dye Sublimation Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of dye sublimation printing: printer selection, press time, durability, new technologies, etc.

Horrible Experiance With Coastal CS

Like Tree7Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 16th, 2016 May 16, 2016 4:43:37 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Horrible Experiance With Coastal CS

First and foremost I understand that around 3000 is a 'small potato' order for many companies, and I also understand that people like to go home at their appointed times.

I live in Hawaii, and thus its difficult sometimes to make calls to the right people at the right times, but today I got on customer service chat for coastal and I came to them first because of the glowing reviews I have found here about them...

Either you all have low expectations, or I got the short end of the stick. For sake of sanity, I will give all times in CST (coastal's time):

They close at 7 (and apparently shut down sooner to leave exactly at 7) I started my chat at Aprox 6:30, simple questions (2 of them) get my awnsers, and possibly place my order that night, or end of the week at latest.

I get my representative (after a 3 minute wait, not bad for Text support in my exp) and I am greeted with all caps shouting:

GREETINGS HOW ARE YOU? WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?

Alright, I think, probably some sort of 'thing' with the client, because no one types in all caps in a professional manner.

I pose my questions (About a single product, and about the contents of that product) and receive a "ONE MOMENT PLEASE" (Also, its not a 'thing' because I was typing normally)

I wait...
And wait
Aprox 5 minutes.
Still, I have waited longer.
My rep returns with (no longer in caps):

"I'm sorry i am not very familiar with the press"

Then ends the conversation.
No goodbye.
No let me find out for you.
No "Is there anything else"

Just hang up. end of convo.
Needless to say im not thrilled, but maybe it was a error on their end, they did not mean to be rude and hang up so I start a new conversation at 6:50 "All of our representatives are busy, your wait time is aprox 30 seconds"
No big deal.
1 minute.
3 minutes.
8 minutes.
10 minutes.
The sign "Live chat available" becomes "Live chat closed"
15 minutes....
20 minutes....
Every 2 minutes im told it will be 'just 30 seconds'

While I wait, I decide to call because its EXACTLY 6:59 their time, (according to google clock) and I get the 'we are closed' recording.

So 10 minutes before closing, I get hung up on, no rep awnsers the live chat, no one awnsers the phone, I have never had to work so hard to try to spend money before in my life.

I am normally not a sour grapes guy, and I try to be real understanding of things, but maybe I should take my biz elsewhere because that was horrible and if that is what they stand for, maybe I need to keep looking

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2016 May 16, 2016 5:30:06 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Dave
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

Default Re: Horrible Experiance With Coastal CS

Coastal is a great company and if you pm me you number I will have the top guy, Rich, call you any time you want the call. Sometimes things get mixed up and he will make it up to you if you give them a second chance.
just pm me please.
By the way I do not work for them.

The Following User Says Thank You to skdave For This Useful Post:
Shalisk (May 16th, 2016)
Old May 16th, 2016 May 16, 2016 6:03:36 PM -   #3 (permalink)
JYA
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: M
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalisk
First and foremost I understand that around 3000 is a 'small potato' order for many companies, and I also understand that people like to go home at their appointed times.

I live in Hawaii, and thus its difficult sometimes to make calls to the right people at the right times, but today I got on customer service chat for coastal and I came to them first because of the glowing reviews I have found here about them...

Either you all have low expectations, or I got the short end of the stick. For sake of sanity, I will give all times in CST (coastal's time):

They close at 7 (and apparently shut down sooner to leave exactly at 7) I started my chat at Aprox 6:30, simple questions (2 of them) get my awnsers, and possibly place my order that night, or end of the week at latest.

I get my representative (after a 3 minute wait, not bad for Text support in my exp) and I am greeted with all caps shouting:

GREETINGS HOW ARE YOU? WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?

Alright, I think, probably some sort of 'thing' with the client, because no one types in all caps in a professional manner.

I pose my questions (About a single product, and about the contents of that product) and receive a "ONE MOMENT PLEASE" (Also, its not a 'thing' because I was typing normally)

I wait...
And wait
Aprox 5 minutes.
Still, I have waited longer.
My rep returns with (no longer in caps):

"I'm sorry i am not very familiar with the press"

Then ends the conversation.
No goodbye.
No let me find out for you.
No "Is there anything else"

Just hang up. end of convo.
Needless to say im not thrilled, but maybe it was a error on their end, they did not mean to be rude and hang up so I start a new conversation at 6:50 "All of our representatives are busy, your wait time is aprox 30 seconds"
No big deal.
1 minute.
3 minutes.
8 minutes.
10 minutes.
The sign "Live chat available" becomes "Live chat closed"
15 minutes....
20 minutes....
Every 2 minutes im told it will be 'just 30 seconds'

While I wait, I decide to call because its EXACTLY 6:59 their time, (according to google clock) and I get the 'we are closed' recording.

So 10 minutes before closing, I get hung up on, no rep awnsers the live chat, no one awnsers the phone, I have never had to work so hard to try to spend money before in my life.

I am normally not a sour grapes guy, and I try to be real understanding of things, but maybe I should take my biz elsewhere because that was horrible and if that is what they stand for, maybe I need to keep looking
Not shocked. Wanted to give them my paper business back in November and told them I'd buy their minimum (5 rolls) on a new paper they were carrying. Never got a call back.

For the record, I spoke with the previously mentioned, "top guy", Rich...

There's plenty of other people who would love to take your money.

The Following User Says Thank You to JYA For This Useful Post:
Shalisk (May 16th, 2016)

Old May 16th, 2016 May 16, 2016 9:24:03 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdave
Coastal is a great company and if you pm me you number I will have the top guy, Rich, call you any time you want the call. Sometimes things get mixed up and he will make it up to you if you give them a second chance.
just pm me please.
By the way I do not work for them.

I will PM you once my family has gone home, I was doing it online because I could pause any time.

I am interested in them getting some of my business for sure, but I have continued to poke around on the internet in the mean time while my folks are here.

Old May 16th, 2016 May 16, 2016 9:25:13 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYA
Not shocked. Wanted to give them my paper business back in November and told them I'd buy their minimum (5 rolls) on a new paper they were carrying. Never got a call back.

For the record, I spoke with the previously mentioned, "top guy", Rich...

There's plenty of other people who would love to take your money.

Thats what my grandfather always said, there are lots of people who want to take your money ^.^

Curiously, whome do you represent? If anyone?

Old May 17th, 2016 May 17, 2016 2:50:46 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Clark
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have been dealing with Coastal for a couple of years and have received great customer service.

The Following User Says Thank You to Logomotive For This Useful Post:
Shalisk (May 17th, 2016)
Old May 17th, 2016 May 17, 2016 3:06:26 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jude
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Color me not surprised either. I am still waiting for a response an email I sent 10 days ago, at the request of a Coastal department head.

No biggie --- got myself a brand, spanking new Graphtec CE 6000-60 from a competitor and picked up a heat press locally at an amazing price. They actually did me a favor with their lack of CS follow-up.
JYA likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jamyn For This Useful Post:
Shalisk (May 17th, 2016)
Old May 17th, 2016 May 17, 2016 8:15:26 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Alison

Maybe it's because we live in St. Louis where Coastal is located, but I agree with SK Dave. We've always had excellent customer service, especially from the "head guy" that Dave mentioned. I was there one day picking up a case of mugs and ran into Aaron and asked him a simple question about shipping mugs. Within a day, he had responded personally with the information I needed. And I've always had great customer service when I call. So sorry for your experience, I encourage you to try again.
AaronM likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to pjmom60 For This Useful Post:
Shalisk (May 17th, 2016)
Old May 17th, 2016 May 17, 2016 12:05:18 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I did receive an email from them this morning (I sent a email to support as well) explaining things, (and awnsering my initial questions) while seemingly side stepping the 'going offline/home early' thing. Apparently the person I got was new. o.o; But once my family is gone, I will give them a chance on the phone or some such.

Old May 17th, 2016 May 17, 2016 7:49:39 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Abby

I've had really great experiences with Coastal and have only had one issue with an out of stock problem. They've always been a really reliable company that I've done business with. I don't do large orders either, usually just enough for their free shipping.

The Following User Says Thank You to AbbyinID For This Useful Post:
Shalisk (May 17th, 2016)
Old May 17th, 2016 May 17, 2016 10:56:18 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyinID
I've had really great experiences with Coastal and have only had one issue with an out of stock problem. They've always been a really reliable company that I've done business with. I don't do large orders either, usually just enough for their free shipping.

I don't get free shipping. Period.

Old May 18th, 2016 May 18, 2016 5:59:38 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Abby

Quote:
I don't get free shipping. Period.
I think it's because you live in Hawaii

Old May 18th, 2016 May 18, 2016 6:44:11 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyinID
I think it's because you live in Hawaii

Not by choice. Belive me.

But free shipping to me would definatly make me use a company, I could forgive a lot if the shipping was reasonable/free.

But to ship 100 sheets of transfer paper from them to me? 29 dollars for paper, 40 dollars for shipping.

Old May 19th, 2016 May 19, 2016 11:51:23 AM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Thanked 1,145 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Not by choice. Belive me.

But free shipping to me would definatly make me use a company, I could forgive a lot if the shipping was reasonable/free.

But to ship 100 sheets of transfer paper from them to me? 29 dollars for paper, 40 dollars for shipping.
Don't tell the "big secret".

I don't believe paper mills set out to specifically make sublimation paper.

There is supposed to be some kind of clay like coating in the paper to keep the inks from absorbing thru the back and act as a barrier, but my understanding is that most inkjet matte "art" paper will do that, including Epsons Matte Papers.

In a pinch when I have ran out of my "sublimation" paper I have used Epson's matte paper before and it worked fine.

The only difference I saw was that when changing from your normal sublimation paper to another paper the release may be slightly different and have a slightly better pop or less pop. Even switching to a different sublimation paper you can see this sometimes.

But this can be worked around using gamma levels in your graphic app.

The cost of the paper is about the same as I recall, the advantage is that you should be able to find that paper locally at a office store like Staples or Office Max, whatever store chain and not have to deal with shipping.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgparrish For This Useful Post:
Shalisk (May 19th, 2016)
Old May 19th, 2016 May 19, 2016 1:40:39 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Wade
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Ouch!

I can ship USPS to Hawaii for about $15 for a 3 pound package. Even 5 pounds only goes up to $20. And I live in Tennessee.

$40 is obscene!

Through the post office, as long as it is a US address, there is no cost difference unless you are using a regional rate box. I have shipped to Puerto Rico for the same as it costs me to ship to Georgia.
mgparrish likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sacman For This Useful Post:
Shalisk (May 19th, 2016)

This is a discussion about Horrible Experiance With Coastal CS that was posted in the Dye Sublimation section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in