T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Dye Sublimation

Dye Sublimation Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of dye sublimation printing: printer selection, press time, durability, new technologies, etc.

Ricoh GX e3300n banding on images

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 8th, 2012 Dec 8, 2012 11:42:14 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Joanne
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Ricoh GX e3300n banding on images

I have a Ricoh GXe3300n that is about 2-1/2 years old. I printed an image last night that was fine but everything after that now has dark thick varigated streaks or bands across it. You can see the image beneath the dark bands but the streaks are totally over top of the image. I printed a nozzle check, it looked good other than there are 2 thick bands running across it also. I've run a couple head cleanings and a flushing but nothing is helping. I did discover that two of my ink cartridges (Sublijet R) have expired. Would the expired cartidges cause this? Will they ruin the print heads? I have new cartridges but would rather keep them intact if the printer is no longer usable. Does anyone know if this is fixable? Any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2012 Dec 9, 2012 11:43:27 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Chris
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Try giving sawgrass a call. They have always been helpful for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to w2csa For This Useful Post:
JoBug (December 9th, 2012)
Old December 12th, 2012 Dec 12, 2012 4:47:29 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Tim
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Ricoh GX e3300n banding on images

I'd be wary of any of the Ricoh printers after reading about so many of them dying so quickly. do you really want to pour money into another one after your died so quickly?

Old December 12th, 2012 Dec 12, 2012 5:48:49 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Former Member
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Everyone is going to have different thoughts on this but the real issue is not how many months the printer lasted but how many prints it lasted as that determines the real cost of the printer you need to calculate your products cost.

Old December 12th, 2012 Dec 12, 2012 7:59:03 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Tim
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

995 prints in 2.5 years, is only about 1 print per day ... does Ricoh (or Sawgrass) give any stats on how long these printers should last?

Old December 12th, 2012 Dec 12, 2012 8:23:49 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Former Member
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

That is a lot of money to spend on a new printer using it that little. You are now basically adding $1.00 to everything you print just for the printer cost alone.

Just blows me away people keep buying these things and vendors keep selling these things knowing there are clearly still issues with them. Only in dye sub . . .

Sawgrass will never say how long a printer should last using their toxic inks - would put themselves in a corner.

This is a discussion about Ricoh GX e3300n banding on images that was posted in the Dye Sublimation section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in