T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Dye Sublimation

Dye Sublimation Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of dye sublimation printing: printer selection, press time, durability, new technologies, etc.

mailing iPhone cases in heat ?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 26th, 2012 May 26, 2012 9:36:23 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default mailing iPhone cases in heat ?

Hi

I sell on the met so mail all my iPhone cases. Someone sent back one today. Nothing wrong with it when they mailed from Georgia but when it got here corner lifting badly. Glue melted in heat?

IM starting to get more complaints abt lifting corners tho still not much percentage wise.

Anyone else seeing this? Anyway to prevent it or shld I scrap these and just use the 3 piece bumper cases thru the summer?

Bumper cases have bn a hrd sale bcuz of the colors. Wish they came in black and white also..

TX for any thoughts,

Melinda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2012 Jun 21, 2012 5:15:03 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: mailing iPhone cases in heat ?

I am having the same issue and just posted about it. It seems not just heat but any wear and tear. The adhesive tape only lasts about a month on them and that is not good for business. I have tried all sorts of glues after removing the tape and either take forever or just dont work.

I would love to hear what else you have tried out.

Old June 21st, 2012 Jun 21, 2012 9:47:18 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

My wife got her iPhone in January and I made her a case the day she got it. She has to leave her phone in her car while she is at work no phones allowed in the building at all. She works in Kansas yesterday I think was in mid 90's add that to a black car with black interior sitting in a big parking lot all day and its dam hot in her car when she gets off work. Point is i really dont think heat is causing the issue. I have sold probably close to 200 cases since we started doing them and never had one come back knock on wood. One thing I do that nobody else has mentioned is clean the back of the plate with at least some rubbing alcohol, denatured would be better its what I use. Do this after the plate is pressed and you are ready to insert into the case. Oils from your fingers will stop the plate from sticking to the adhesive.

Old June 21st, 2012 Jun 21, 2012 10:43:51 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

thanks,

i think I'll try that. I clean the fronts with alcohol just to get all tape residue off so will try the backs too. Ive sold thousands and my replacement rate is running 1 in 57. all have been rubber cases exxcept 2.

Old June 21st, 2012 Jun 21, 2012 4:12:08 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I actually sublimate the inserts with the protective cover on them. It works awesome so I can't clean the front with rubbing alcohol once their done. But I am definitely going to try that on the back.

Old June 21st, 2012 Jun 21, 2012 4:37:21 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: chris
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

[quote=mel58;1112343]Hi

I sell on the met so mail all my iPhone cases. Someone sent back one today. Nothing wrong with it when they mailed from Georgia but when it got here corner lifting badly. Glue melted in heat?

IM starting to get more complaints abt lifting corners tho still not much percentage wise.

Anyone else seeing this? Anyway to prevent it or shld I scrap these and just use the 3 piece bumper cases thru the summer?

Bumper cases have bn a hrd sale bcuz of the colors. Wish they came in black and white also..

TX for any thoughts,

Melinda[/quote

Maybe try the hard plastic ones instead, they have black and white, seems like people are getting a lot of complaints on the flexible ones. I have not tried any of those since it just does not seem like it would work well to begin with, being a metal plate and rubber case? we print our rubber ones directly so I am not much help there but we do sublimate the hard plastic ones

Old June 21st, 2012 Jun 21, 2012 4:55:33 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

i sell the plastic also, have only had two failures on those. but I sell more rubber than plastic though it may only be about 60-40 or less.

i wish ppl would buy the three piece style more as no glue for failure. can't sell the colored ones though to save me. conde supposed to have them in black and white soon. I may even drop the rubber ones for those. not sure.

if you don't mind my asking, how do you print your own rubber ones?

Melinda

Old June 21st, 2012 Jun 21, 2012 5:42:33 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I bet they have UV direct print printer. That almost prints on anything. $30000...its nice though. I would do that before I would get the 3D system. I bought one for me from a china company months ago and they look horrible very quickly with scratches and things.

Old June 21st, 2012 Jun 21, 2012 5:52:56 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

wow, really. what type of system do you think case mate is using? I thought they were using the 3d system. they are all over.

Old June 22nd, 2012 Jun 22, 2012 3:36:21 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: chris
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2heart29
I bet they have UV direct print printer. That almost prints on anything. $30000...its nice though. I would do that before I would get the 3D system. I bought one for me from a china company months ago and they look horrible very quickly with scratches and things.
They are expensive but they are nice

This is a discussion about mailing iPhone cases in heat ? that was posted in the Dye Sublimation section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in